• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Looking for info about shipping a TV from US to Canada

Ok looking to buy a Samsung KS8000 but atm prices are way too high in Canada (2.6k) for a 55 inches

That same TV is about 1297 ish in US Which is about 1700-1800 ish in Canada (imo a big change)

The issue is that most big retailer Bestbuy Amazon doesn't ship to Canada (at least this TV) So i'm stuck using smaller retailers or waiting, and this is where i need BG info (if any canadians bought big stuff like TV in the US)

I checked on amazon and the only 2 'retailers' that sells and can ship me the TV are Adorama and Beach Camera, both of them claims they are free shipping but when i add the TV To my cart it adds like 300$ Shipping for about 1.5k total (2k) canadians.

There's also this company here

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...html?KBID=2572

And with shipping it will come down to about 1900$ Canadian.

This kinda seems to good to be true. I also went on different websites and some of them get good reviews and bad reviews so i can't actually decide.

-Anyone actually bought from any of those 3 retailers?
    -How easy can stuff bought on amazon.com but not fullfilled by amazon be returned on issues?

I'm mostly scared instead I get fucked up and spend 2k o na TV and can't have it or it's broken

Thanks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I've never ordered a large electronic from the states, but I have taken a day trip from Edmonton to Montana to buy cheaper electronics like that, is it feasable to drive into new york state for you to buy/pickup the tv yourself? Even factoring in gas price that might end up being cheaper also.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    I've never ordered a large electronic from the states, but I have taken a day trip from Edmonton to Montana to buy cheaper electronics like that, is it feasable to drive into new york state for you to buy/pickup the tv yourself? Even factoring in gas price that might end up being cheaper also.
    Could be possible the issue is guessing how much the taxes will cost me when crossing the border

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Stay out of my state!