1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 4 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Unknown technical issue with the game

I apologize in advance in case I posted in the wrong section.

Yesterday I started encountering issue while playing XIV, it seemed that the computer started to give up (had it for about 8 years) as it looked like it could not cope with the game anymore. The screen started to have some graphics/pixel cracks/bumps while playing, leading to some horrible slow down up to crashing the computer itself. It died this morning when I tried to log back in and I thought "fair enough" as I needed a new comp anyway.

I bought a new one this afternoon, re installed FFXIV and all, and the same issue happened with the new computer, now my question is did it happen to any of you? I just spent a good amount of quids for my new PC, I don't want it to break for something that could be due to a game fault?

Did anyone experience that? Thank you in advance.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did it shutdown when you got into the game or didn't even make it inside?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    I apologize in advance in case I posted in the wrong section.

Yesterday I started encountering issue while playing XIV, it seemed that the computer started to give up (had it for about 8 years) as it looked like it could not cope with the game anymore. The screen started to have some graphics/pixel cracks/bumps while playing, leading to some horrible slow down up to crashing the computer itself. It died this morning when I tried to log back in and I thought "fair enough" as I needed a new comp anyway.

I bought a new one this afternoon, re installed FFXIV and all, and the same issue happened with the new computer, now my question is did it happen to any of you? I just spent a good amount of quids for my new PC, I don't want it to break for something that could be due to a game fault?

Did anyone experience that? Thank you in advance.
    We're gonna need some more info. What did you keep from your old PC? Did you do a fresh install of OS/drivers/XIV on a new HDD? Do you have a new GPU? New monitor?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    We're gonna need some more info. What did you keep from your old PC? Did you do a fresh install of OS/drivers/XIV on a new HDD? Do you have a new GPU? New monitor?
    Nothing new, its just an 8 years old comp with Windows 10, nothing new installed on it, it just went stupid all of a sudden. The monitor is as old as I bought them together.
    New computer is a gaming HP Omen with NVIDIA GF1070, only FFXIV installed on it so far beside the drivers needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Did it shutdown when you got into the game or didn't even make it inside?
    When I got into the game, it slowed down so much making me think it could not handle the graphics anymore, as it would do it in busy areas only. the pixel would also start to crease when I am was on the main menu where you can chose to start/exit/etc.

Thank you very much you two.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So if your new computer has literally no hardware in common with the old one but is still having the same graphics problem...
    You probably have to look somewhere besides your PC's hardware for the problem. I've not heard of connection issues causing this problem but I guess it isn't impossible that your router or connection itself is slow to the point of causing very bad lag in the game. Is your router/cabling also old?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The outside cables may be old, I don't know. The router is new and was installed two weeks ago.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First thing that was coming to mind if any of the old hardware was used is the power supply. Had constant shut downs each time I would log into the game till it was replaced.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Did you take your old hard drive out and install it into your new pc as a 2nd drive to avoid reinstalling? I had a harddrive die on me and, right before it finally bit the big one in the middle of a raid, the game slowed to a craw FPS wise and a lot of assets would not load.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah it really cant be answered unless every bit of info is given about the hardware/software. It's one of those questionable problems that shouldn't be happening across 2 different systems unless something was carried over to the new one.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    First thing that was coming to mind if any of the old hardware was used is the power supply. Had constant shut downs each time I would log into the game till it was replaced.
    I used the energy supply wire, keyboard/mouse and Xbox Controller from a PC to another because to my great surprise the Gamig PCs does not come with anything but the tower..

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    Did you take your old hard drive out and install it into your new pc as a 2nd drive to avoid reinstalling? I had a harddrive die on me and, right before it finally bit the big one in the middle of a raid, the game slowed to a craw FPS wise and a lot of assets would not load.
    No, I would not know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Yeah it really cant be answered unless every bit of info is given about the hardware/software. It's one of those questionable problems that shouldn't be happening across 2 different systems unless something was carried over to the new one.
    Funnily enough it stopped now, so I don't know where it came from.

Thank you all for your help and consideration and sorry for late reply, work is mad atm >.<;

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This is what happen.. I managed to get a pict with my phone, it happen when I zone, when a jump a floor in PoTD, when the Duty pop or simply when I am around an Aetherite.. When it happen the computer simply freeze or crashes.. It started happening when I was using google to browse as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1m...ew?usp=sharing

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That is almost 100% a graphics card error, but I don't understand why you'd be having the same issue with a new one. What's the wattage on your power supply? What graphics card do you have and how is it connected?
    It is...maybe? possible that it's the monitor/monitor cable? If you have a different monitor to plug into you could try it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can the monitor make the computer crash? Cause it crashes and restarts when it happen.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Probably your GFX aking your PC overheat and it just reboot

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Probably your GFX aking your PC overheat and it just reboot

Exactly what I was thinking

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Took it to the shop, they plugged it into their monitor and same issue happened, computer replaced. Now to see if same thing happen again with new wires.