Closed Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Not Looking For Beta Tests For Performance Boost Project

Hello everyone, I am looking for some beta testers that can help assist with testing a new project that I am working on for FFXI. This project is aimed to help boost the performance of FFXI under certain conditions. (Detailed below.)

The idea behind this project is to help laptop users (mainly) get a better playing experience out of the game due to issues with technologies such as Nvidia Optimus or AMD Switchable Graphics. Because of this, I am looking for a specific set of requirements from the people that wish to beta test this.

Eventually, the project will be open to everyone but I want to get an idea if this is going to be worth investing more time into to assist people with this or if this is not going to help enough people and to scrap the idea.

The following conditions are what I am looking for with beta testers:
    • Laptop Users
    • Windows 10 (8.1 may suffice if its kept up to date and has the issues listed below.)
    • Must have a switchable graphics setup. (Nvidia or AMD chip installed, usually a mobile version.)
    • Must have Ashita or willing to use it for this test. (This will not work with Windower.)

Here is a description of what I mean by what I am looking for.

I recently purchased an MSI GE72VR 7RF Apache Pro laptop. The laptop specs are:
    - Windows 10 Pro (Version does not matter for this.)
    - Intel Core i7-7700HQ
    - 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz
    - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (3GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) DX12

Due to the hardware and Windows 10 requirement, FFXI refuses to actually use the dedicated graphics because Nvidia Optimus sucks. It does not pick up d3d8 games properly and thus the entire game is handled via the CPU using a poorly implemented version of Direct3D8 on Windows 10. It is basically an emulated API at this point. With this brand new laptop, I am lucky to get even 10fps in game.

With this project I am working on, I am able to port the game to Direct3D9 and make the game run fully on the dedicated graphics chip boosting the performance by over 100%. I get the full 30fps (60fps if set, or 100+ if uncapped). The game is now fully playable on the laptop without issue.

I want to see if this can help others that have this same or similar issue(s).

Feel free to contact me here via pm or on Discord if you meet the above criteria and wish to help beta test this project.
    My Discord name is:
    atom0s#3826

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Bumping, still looking for some more testers. Have had a handful already and so far most have been successful in a performance boost.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello Atom0s,

I recently came back to FFXI and I have been having a very unpleasent time! It isn't due to to FFXI in the least bit the game is still amazing after all these years and reconnecting with my linkshell and friends has been a great experince.
    I'm running on a Acer Predator 17 G9-791-78CE Laptop and it is unfortunately VERY unstable!

The consistent crashes due to random errors have driven me almost to the point of insanity and have me questioning if it is worth for me to even ATTEMPT to make a comeback. I'm currently using the DGVooDoo 2.5 Pass through method in order properly run the game through my GTX 980M and even with that the Nvidia Optimus gives me issues.

The hooking is VERY random and I will get into crashing spills that will last hours at times. I have spent hours searching and reading posts in order to have a stable experience but have reached a dead end at this point untill this post was shared!!
    My laptop specs are as follows:

Acer Predator 17 G9-791-78CE
    Core i7 6700HQ - 32 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
    GDDR5 SDRAM 4 GB

I'm willing to work with you to the best of my ability in order to make this performance boost project a success!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello Atom0s,

I also have the issue, and have had for about a year and a half. I have been using DGVoodoo for awhile, but its unreliable. Sometimes I crash for over an hour straight just logging into Adoulin. It got to the point I actually stopped playing partially because of it. I would like to get in on your test and help with any information you need if you will have me. System is:

Dell XPS 9530
    Core I7 4912HQ OC to 3.4
    16gb Ram
    Nvidia Geforce GT750m with an Intel HD 4600 integrated
    Windows 10 Home

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would be willing to help.

Dell XPS 9560
    Core i7 7700HQ
    8GB DDR4 2400
    GTX 1050
    Windows 10 Home

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Thanks for the responses everyone. As a means to have easier communication, feel free to add me on Discord so we can discuss this faster and I can assist you with setting things up to test out the fix. So far every person that has tested it has had positive results.

My Discord name is: atom0s#3826

My free time varies due to real life stuff, so I will respond to you as soon as I can.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm the worst with Discord. I've been thinking about playing again though and remember that one of the reasons I quit is because it played so horribly on this laptop.

Laptop:
    Gigabyte P35
    Core i7-5700HQ
    Nvidia GTX 980M (8Gb?)
    Windows 10 Home

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

This project is now fully released and out of beta testing. Full info can be found here:
    http://ashita.atom0s.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=26

The current version can be found here: (v1.0.0.2)
    http://ashita.atom0s.com/forums/view...php?f=26&t=142

If possible can a moderator lock this topic? I will be creating a new one for the full release soon.