+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFRK - The Last Red Wing (IV) Events & Strategies

Note: Sorry these are going up a little late. I'll start making sure they're up a day or so before the event starts from now on.

Not a veiled attack on Detroit's future NHL teams...but our first (and so far, only?) FFIV: The After Years event!

"I'll get through this...by myself!" - Ceodore

Ceodore, the only son of Cecil and Rosa and crown prince of Baron, is the focus of the event, but we also finally get Holy Dragoon Kain and his OSB that DeNa thought we got weeks ago.

Event Start Date: May 18
    Event Bonus Battle: May 21
    Event End Date: May 28

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ai&sh=ffe1a692

Notable Rewards:
    Edge's Earring - Accessory. Attack + 15 and Moderate Slow Resist.

New Characters Acquired:
    Ceodore - (Whm 5, Combat 5, Support 4, Knight 5)

Dress Spheres Acquired:
    Holy Dragoon Kain

Old Characters Acquired:
    Yang
    Palom
    Porom

New Memory Crystals:
    Ceodore MC1/MC2

Old Memory Crystals
    Kain MC1/MC2
    Yang MC1/MC2
    Palom MC1/MC2
    Porom MC1/MC2

New Record Sphere
    Nothing needed for the moon.

Characters Needed for Battles
    Nothing needed for the moon.

Cid Missions
    Complete Ultimate++ fight with a party of FF IV heroes.

Relics
    The problem with IV banners is that they are 1) mage heavy and 2) suffer from being good pulls for 1 or 2 characters, with the others just being "okay". It isn't the banners fault, just the realm in general being Cecil/Kain/Golbez heavy on the good stuff.

We have Kain's OSB and Ceodore's BSB as prizes on the first banner. Kain's is a Lightning/Non attack with a buildup similar to Beatrix's, but with Dragoon attacks, that reaches max potency after 5 ability uses. Ceodore has Holy/Non 8xST hits on entry with a 40% party medica. His commands offer a lot of utility though, with a 25% HP heal on Cmd1 and Esuna on Cmd2.

Yang and Kain's bursts reappear here as well, as does Spoony's MAG/MND faithga.

Banner 2's big prize is Edge's Red Jacket (Insta Haste, Last Stand, and Phys Blink), but we also have Pecil's OSB, Palom/Porom's respecitve BSB's, and Cid's Pentabreak.

Oh, and Bomb Core shenanigans for the perfect junk prize.

You may be better suited waiting for the Rubicante event if you need FFIV stuff, but like the X events this is also a little overtuned for the CM and Ruin fights, so just be aware.

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...cp&sh=34328c8b

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/event-111/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just a reminder that the CM is now Ultimate ++ level and that the Ruin+ fight is still a little (fuck it, A LOT) over-tuned in case you're still seeing Ixion's horn do things to you Rata isn't proud of.

Bonus Battles
    Assault on Baron Castle +

Ahriman
    HP: 126,235
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Ahriman without being KO'ed.
    • Reduce Ahriman's attack.

Weak: None
    Absorb: None
    Resist: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: Poison, Slow, Stun

Bahamut
    HP: 124,087
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Bahamut without being KO'd.
    • Reduce Bahamut's magic.

Absorb: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: Poison, Blind, Stun

Note: Uses Megaflare every 5 turns, and also counters Black and White spells with Reflect.

The Young Hero's Ordeal ++
    Domovoi, Gatlinghog, Flamehound
    HP: Flamehound: 74,134 - Domovoi/Gatlinghog: 37,067
    Target Score:
    • Reduce the Domovoi's attack.
    • Reduce the Gatlinghog's attack.
    • Exploit the Flamehound's weakness to ice attacks.

Weak: Flamehound: Ice
    Absorbs: Flamehound: Fire
    Resists: None
    Vulnerabilities: Flamehound: Poison, Slow, Stun. Domovoi + Gatlinghog: Poison, Silence, Slow, Stun.

Thundering Impact +++
    Tunneler
    HP: 204,940
    Target Score:
    • Reduce the Tunneler's attack.
    • Reduce the Tunneler's defense.
    • Reduce the Tunneler's magic.

Absorbs: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Poison, Slow, Stun

Weakness Causing Mistakes (U)
    凶Kain
    HP: 259,533
    Target Score:
    • Afflict 凶Kain with slow.
    • Reduce 凶Kain's attack.
    • Reduce 凶Kain's defense.

Vulnerabilities: Slow, Stun

Notes: Nothing very special about this fight. It is an entirely physical fight, like Kain normally is, so just mitigate accordingly and be done with it.

??? (U++)
    凶Baigan (w/Left Arm and Right Arm)
    HP: Baigan: 223,666 - Left/Right Arm: 74,555
    Target Score:
    • Exploit 凶Baigan's weakness to ice attacks.
    • Reduce 凶Baigan's attack.
    • Reduce 凶Baigan's magic.

Weak: All: Ice
    Absorbs: None
    Resist: All: Fire, Lightning
    Vulnerabilities: Slow, Stun

Moveset - Baigan (>70% HP: Default):
    Special: Rewind (NAT: revive both Arms with 100% HP)
    1% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 110% physical damage to one target)
    5% chance: Haste (WHT: grant Haste to all allies)
    5% chance, unlocks turn 2: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    10% chance, unlocks turn 2: Reflect (WHT: grant Reflect to self)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 3: Attack (PHY: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)
    15% chance, unlocks turn 3: Fira (BLK: deal 330% magical fire damage to one target)
    15% chance, unlocks turn 3: Blizzara (BLK: deal 330% magical ice damage to one target)
    15% chance, unlocks turn 3: Thundara (BLK: deal 330% magical thunder damage to one target)
    25% chance, unlocks turn 3: Fira (BLK: deal 250% magical fire damage to all targets)
    20% chance to activate in response to black magic: Counter Reflect (WHT: grant Reflect to self; bypasses Reflect)

Moveset - Beigan (70%-40% HP: Weak):
    5/105 chance: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    5/105 chance: Haste (WHT: grant Haste to all allies)
    10/105 chance: Reflect (WHT: grant Reflect to self)
    25/105 chance: Attack (PHY: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)
    10/105 chance: Fira (BLK: deal 330% magical fire damage to one target)
    10/105 chance: Blizzara (BLK: deal 330% magical ice damage to one target)
    10/105 chance: Thundara (BLK: deal 330% magical thunder damage to one target)
    30/105 chance: Fira (BLK: deal 250% magical fire damage to all targets)
    20% chance to activate in response to black magic: Counter Reflect (WHT: grant Reflect to self; bypasses Reflect)

Moveset - Beigan (<40% HP: Very Weak):
    Special: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    5/115 chance: Haste (WHT: grant Haste to all allies)
    10/115 chance: Reflect (WHT: grant Reflect to self)
    30/115 chance: Attack (PHY: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)
    10/115 chance: Fira (BLK: deal 330% magical fire damage to one target)
    10/115 chance: Blizzara (BLK: deal 330% magical ice damage to one target)
    10/115 chance: Thundara (BLK: deal 330% magical thunder damage to one target)
    40/115 chance: Fira (BLK: deal 250% magical fire damage to all targets)

Moveset (Arms):
    Special: Self-Destruct (NAT: deal 9999 damage to one target and die)
    Special: Silencega (WHT: 81% chance to Silence all targets)
    Special: Paralyze (NAT: 81% chance to Paralyze one target)
    Special: Blindga (BLK: 81% chance to Blind all targets)
    1% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 110% physical damage to one target)
    55% chance, unlocks turn 2: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    45% chance, unlocks turn 3: Attack (PHY: deal 159% physical damage to all targets)

Notes and Strategies: Beigan's Arms use Blindga or Silencega (as appropriate; Left uses Blindga, Right uses Silencega) on their 5th turn and every 4 turns thereafter, and use Paralyze on their 10th turn and every 3 turns thereafter. Beigan uses Haste on his first turn and every 7 turns thereafter, and always follows his AOE Fira and his AOE Attack with his single target Attack. Beigan uses Rewind 1 turn after the second Arm dies.

There are a couple of overall strategies to this fight. One, you can just blitz Beigan down and eat the two Self-Destructs (either just letting two characters die or using Guts/Reraise/Stoneskin to survive). Two, you can kill one arm, which he won't revive, then kill Beigan. Or three, you can kill Beigan and his remaining Arm(s) simultaneously. Given that you don't lose a medal for having just one character dead at the end of a fight, I personally recommend the kill-one-arm-then-Beigan path. Either way, you will be facing a mixture of ST and AOE physical and magical attacks, so prepare accordingly. Draw Fire and Lure Magic/Runic shenanigans work pretty well in this fight.

Swolebez, son. Grandpas mean business.

Rulers of the Land of Summoned Monsters (Ruin +)
    滅Asura and 滅Leviathan
    HP: Asura: 281,405 - Leviathan: 340,340
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 滅Leviathan's magic.
    • Defeat 滅Asura first.
    • Afflict 滅Asura with slow.

Weak: Leviathan: Lightning
    Absorbs: Leviathan: Water, Ice - Asura: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Water
    Resist: Leviathan: Fire, Earth, Wind
    Vulnerabilities: Leviathan: Stun - Asura: Slow, Stun

Moveset - Leviathan (>50% HP: Default):
    Special: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    2% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 110% physical damage to one target)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 3: Water Breath (NAT: deal 280% piercing ranged physical water damage to one target)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 4: Blizzara (BLK: deal 294% magical ice damage to all targets)
    15% chance, unlocks turn 5: Blizzaja (BLK: deal 490% magical ice damage to one target)
    10% chance, unlocks turn 6: Blizzaga (BLK: deal 342% magical ice damage to all targets)
    15% chance, unlocks turn 7: Water Gun (NAT: deal 150% ranged physical water damage twice to random targets)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 8: Tsunami (NAT: deal 390% magical water damage to all targets)

Moveset (Leviathan, <50% HP: Weak):
    Special: Water Gun (NAT: deal 230% ranged physical water damage twice to random targets)
    30/85 chance: Tsunami (NAT: deal 390% magical water damage to all targets)
    10/85 chance: Blizzara (BLK: deal 294% magical ice damage to all targets)
    20/85 chance: Blizzaga (BLK: deal 342% magical ice damage to all targets)
    15/85 chance: Blizzaja (BLK: deal 490% magical ice damage to one target)
    10/85 chance: Water Breath (NAT: deal 280% piercing ranged physical water damage to one target)

Moveset (Asura: Mercy):
    1/136 chance: Attack (PHY: deal 110% physical damage to one target)
    65/136 chance, unlocks turn 2: Curaga (WHT: recover one ally's HP)
    35/136 chance, unlocks turn 2: Dispel (WHT: remove all positive status effects from one target)
    35/136 chance, unlocks turn 2: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    65% chance to activate in response to any attack: Counter Attack (PHY: deal 266% physical damage to one target)

Moveset (Asura: Wrath):
    30% chance: Protect (WHT: grant Protect to one ally)
    30% chance: Shell (WHT: grant Shell to one ally)
    25% chance: Haste (WHT: grant Haste to one ally)
    1% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    15% chance: Slow (WHT: 303% chance to Slow one target)
    65% chance to activate in response to any attack: Counter Attack (PHY: deal 266% physical damage to one target)

Moveset (Asura: Laughter):
    100% chance: Raise (WHT: resurrect Leviathan)

Notes and Strategies: In Default phase, Leviathan always follows his AOE abilities with his stronger Attack; in Weak phase, he follows them with Water Gun instead.

You thought Ixion was overtuned. Prepare yourself.

Heres the JP discussion thread though. There isn't really a set "strat" to get through this, it's just hard. Like Bahamut SIN frustrating hard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...0y&sh=83e6bf95

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i think this is the last chance for kain's burst, very excited to not get it for the 500th time

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

would love to 100 gems yang bsb

but nope

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Altana knows I'm going to have a helluva time resisting the urge to ragequit this Apoc. Shit synergy in IV up against two overtuned bosses.

Oh Happy Day~!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    i think this is the last chance for kain's burst, very excited to not get it for the 500th time
    I'm pretty sure Kain's Burst will be in the next two celebrations given that they're elemental themed and his is quite popular.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

GREAT, AWESOME, WONDERFUL, EXTREMELY EXCITED TO NOT GET IT THERE TOO

/salt

(0/33 on banner 1)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    GREAT, AWESOME, WONDERFUL, EXTREMELY EXCITED TO NOT GET IT THERE TOO

/salt

(0/33 on banner 1)
    Hows Yang's BSB?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i legit would've been happy with yang's BSB as a consolation prize lol, i'm one monk away from being able to field a pretty bitchin' monk meta team since i have master and refia's bursts. the dupe i got was his imperil-earth SSB (which i already have reforged to an 8*)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

65% chance for a 2.7 pot counter? Dispel? Looks like celes and dingus going to be working hard for me here. But my lightning soul breaks are basically nonexistent.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ult++: I ended up running golbez (bssb) rosa (bssb) rydia (RW cid raines and a seriously powered up 3 star shiva) puddleman (lunarian might and designated haste/dispel guy) and gildward (shellga song and fb). Rosa and golbez basically carried with that many buffs. Golbez ate left arm's death throes blow though and died even though he had stoneskin up. Baigan's hastega affects everyone and the silencega/blindga can wreck you unless you gear accessories around them (very high chance to land). I lucked out and paralyzes didn't land although I had ultra cure ready.

Apoc: I didn't find this hard but I ran a specific setup to counter everything: dingus (bssb, drawfire/reta counters and pro) celes (indom, thundering twinstrike and banish strike) kain (bssb lightning dive and leeching leap) ysh (shellga and curaja, used one charge of asy and one charge of ss2 to cover RW sent grim running out) and OK (bssb, slowga and fullbreak). S l o w l y DPSed everyone down, doing levi first until everyones I had dingus to cover me on asura counters, then split it with celes and kain blowing up levi while dingus and OK beat down asura. Not sure if slowing asura helped but I kept her slowed anyway. At the least dispelling their buffs makes Asura's AI recast them.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Gotta say, this is probably my worst realm for synergy and yet nothing on these banners would help me do a CM. Without a dancer it's just ridiculous.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Edward and Golbez took a dirt nap from self destruct. Mastered CM at least.

All Level 80
    Rosa - Ultra Cure|Shellga - Cure/M.Blink SSB - Mako Might
    Rydia - Shiva|Bahamut - Odin SSB - +magic RM
    Palorm - Meteor|Chain Blizzzaga - Twincast Magic Barrage SSB - +magic RM
    Golbez - Banishing Strike
    Edward - Full Break|Bard Protect
    RW - Cid Raines BSB

Funny is that I could have tried to kill the arms all at once, but Reflect said NOPE.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Gotta say, this is probably my worst realm for synergy and yet nothing on these banners would help me do a CM. Without a dancer it's just ridiculous.
    Yeah the CM is weird because there's a lot of stuff going on with statuses and ice weakness which the banners don't really help with. Ceodore's bssb heal and esunas are okay and banner 2 has an actual ice soul break but the ssbs are kind of eh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Would RW Edea's BSB be a good choice for this CM?

Mag bargain.
    En-Ice.
    3-6 ST Hits in a realm with stackable Faithga's.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

The extra mitigation Raines BSB allows for a bit more leeway IMO. I tried Edea BSB and got rekt by AoE physical even in the back row.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I managed to clear the CM with Edea's burst using this setup:

Spoiler: show

Edge: last stand SSB
    Edward: soulsong
    Rydia: SSB (unused)
    Rosa: shared medica
    Porom: SSB medica

With soulsong and cmd 2 from Edea's burst, I had enough mag to get all 6 hits and have them capped. Edge's SSB was pretty clutch for this CM, the p-blink definitely helped with keeping everyone alive. It's also useful since you can ignore the arms and just zerg the body. Last stand will proc against self-destruct, as long as it doesn't target the same person twice.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

As much as CM was a joke for me

Fuck this apoc

Shout RW

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

CM was pretty easy for me with Pecil's BSB, Rosa's BSB and Edge with his Blink+ Last Stand. It's a lot more manageable once you kill one of the arms.

Gonna revisit Apoc later. Asura would just systematically dispel my whole party, and with buffs relying on SBs, we can all imagine how that goes.