• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

2017 NFL Week 2: The Rams and Bills have better records than the Patriots

So as the title says, Pats lost, other scrub teams won. There were a lot of major injuries with fantasy implications in the first week as well. David Johnson it out for a few months, OBJ is still out, Allen Robinson is out for the season, Woodhead is out for a few months, etc.

We're rolling into Week 2 with a shittastic matchup of Houston and Cincinnati. Deshaun Watson took over for Tom Savage in the 2nd half in week 1. He's now their starter. Andy Dalton didn't want the ball so he threw 4 INTs and lost a fumble in Week 1.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Don't bury the lede, the Jags are 1-0!

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    So I guess O'Brien decided on playing Watson.

So when the rookie makes mistake after mistake in O'Brien's ridiculously complex system, that no rookie is going to get in a regular game script, who foresees him putting Savage back in?
    He has to be the worst at managing QBs in the NFL. Watching Savage play for as long as he has and still thinking he was the best option week 1 is a fireable offense.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Him and Pagano must be on the chopping block, right?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I think Obrien is safe because he makes the playoffs without a qb every year

BG Level

Seriously though, who is going to win the AFC South? I know it's always bad, but with the dumpster fire QB situation in Houston (plus the defense giving up 29! to Jacksonville), and the Colts being as bad as ever but now without Luck for who knows how long...I mean...it's really, really bad. It's hard to see the Titans favored in any game outside the AFC South except MAYBE @ Cleveland or @ SF. Are any of these teams going to get to 8 wins?

BG Level

Its funny how the texans have everything but a qb and indy has a qb but absolutely nothing else.
    Send luck to texas and you got a superbowl team

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Seriously though, who is going to win the AFC South? I know it's always bad, but with the dumpster fire QB situation in Houston (plus the defense giving up 29! to Jacksonville), and the Colts being as bad as ever but now without Luck for who knows how long...I mean...it's really, really bad. It's hard to see the Titans favored in any game outside the AFC South except MAYBE @ Cleveland or @ SF. Are any of these teams going to get to 8 wins?
    I still like the Titans. I feel a 10-6 year.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I think Obrien is safe because he makes the playoffs without a qb every year
    But only because the division is shit. They haven't done anything with the yearly free lottery ticket of a division crown. They won what, that one playoff game with TJ Yates? And last year over the Carr-less raiders? He and his chin have to be on the hot seat

BG Level

Have they really won 2 playoff games with no QB ever? That's kind of amazing.

BG Level

They beat Prime Time Dalton and Matt McGloin, so kind of an even playing field.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I still like the Titans. I feel a 10-6 year.
    Titans are clearly the best team in the division imo. Don't really have any glaring weakspots, which for the AFC South should be more then enough to win the division.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

2017 NFL Week 2: The Rams and Bills have better records than the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    But only because the division is shit. They haven't done anything with the yearly free lottery ticket of a division crown. They won what, that one playoff game with TJ Yates? And last year over the Carr-less raiders? He and his chin have to be on the hot seat
    No way, unless he is the one demanding to have these QBs on the team. He's winning playoff games with the talent he is given, it's not like he's losing in the first round after going 14-2 or something.

GATTACA!

BG Level

No way, unless he is the one demanding to have these QBs on the team. He's winning playoff games with the talent he is given, it's not like he's losing in the first round after going 14-2 or something.
    As the head coach I would be shocked if he doesn't have a say in who they sign and draft to play QB. The whole reason he has a head coaching job is because he made Christian hackenberg look good his freshman year at Penn State

What does it tell you if your offensive head coach leads a team that relies on defense?

BG Level

prime time dalton doing prime time dalton things

BG Level

Bengals need to blow it up and start over.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BG Level

geno atkins. only dude I'd keep. blow up the rest for sure

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    As the head coach I would be shocked if he doesn't have a say in who they sign and draft to play QB. The whole reason he has a head coaching job is because he made Christian hackenberg look good his freshman year at Penn State

What does it tell you if your offensive head coach leads a team that relies on defense?
    How often do coaches at this level turn garbage QBs into good QBs? He's won two playoff games with a replacement level qb over other replacement level qbs so he's at least better than those other coaches. I think they give him at least two years with Watson. It would be insane if they didn't.

GATTACA!

BG Level

How often do coaches at this level turn garbage QBs into good QBs? He's won two playoff games with a replacement level qb over other replacement level qbs so he's at least better than those other coaches. I think they give him at least two years with Watson. It would be insane if they didn't.
    But it's at least partially on him that they are rolling with garbage QBs. Savage has NEVER played well in a game, and I doubt he's played very well in practice either. Why are you confident rolling with him into the season? If you're going to pull him after two (in character) shitty quarters, why was he named the starter at all?

I take issue with his tendency to flip flop starters rather than picking someone and sticking with them for at least a few games. If his calling card is that he's a QB whisperer, he needs to make it happen with the guys that he and his GM choose.

All that said, even if he should've just named him the starter from the outset (so he could get the first team practice reps, etc.), Watson is the starter now and it's on BOB to show that he can coach him up. If he can't, what is he bringing as a coach?

BG Level

All I know is Bill's at fault for passing on Derek Carr in the draft, and unless Watson works out in a serious way, he's gonna drag everyone down with him because of it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast