BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Alchemist Code (Android/iOS)

Kinda came out of nowhere for me. It's currently softlaunched in Sweden for Android, can download the APK and install anywhere though (iOS have to wait for it to release fully, sorry.)

Very reminiscent of Final Fantasy Tactics. If you've played Fire Emblem Heroes, this one is far more advanced in terms of gameplay elements. It's run by Gumi (Brave Frontier, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) but seems to use a different type of gacha system: Step Up. First three 10 pulls on a banner are heavily discounted and guarantee at least one featured unit.

Has a really nice art style too. Mix of anime and bravely default. Am enjoying it so far. Not going to link to the APK here since I don't know BG's policies on that but there's a link in the description of this video (which also shows some gameplay and the gacha system):

Also worth mentioning that one of the two highest rarity units (Chloe) is available for free if you complete your challenge log.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been playing this too recently. It's actually very fun and a lot like FFT. I love the ve the multi-player implementation. Definitely worth giving a shot if you like those kind of games.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

If the game is as f2p friendly as it seems I can give it a try. I tend to stick with the mobile games I get in early on.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

After playing for a few days now, here's some more observations:

Good:
    * The combat is fantastic. More in depth than FEH by a significant degree.
    * Similarly, character progression and the job system are complex enough to feel rewarding but not so complex as to put me off. It feels really good to unlock a new job and try it out.
    * Plenty of goals. Crafting equipment, leveling units, upgrading unit's job levels, unlocking new jobs for units, upgrading units to higher rarity, etc.
    * The gacha feels really good. It works on a step-up banner system. Featured banner starts out costing 500 gems to pull, then the second pull costs 1500, and finally the third costs 2500 and guarantees a featured unit. Some banners, like the FFXV collab banner that might come in the future, guarantees the featured 5* unit (Noctis).
    * Energy is effectively limitless. There's a free 60 energy every 4 hours by watching an ad, dailies give tons of energy, rank ups are plentiful, and the cost of energy refresh is extremely low (and at low ranks, will always give at least 120 energy).
    * Lots of free gems. Just playing with other people in multiplayer gives 25 gems per person. I don't know when or if this caps off.
    * Great art style, and a lot of, albeit all Japanese, voice acting.
    * Story units are actually good. The one you start out with, for example, is considered upper to top tier for his role/element.
    * You get a free premium pull every 3 days. A full fledged single unit pull, not a watered down free pull like you see in other games. There is a separate free pull for that that you can do 5 times a day but still offers some desirable equipment and units/shards.

Bad:
    * Shards, the resource necessary to "Limit Break" units and gain the ability to unlock new jobs, are extremely difficult to get for higher rarity units. They're uncommon random loot in shops or randomly pulled via special pull tickets, otherwise you must pull a duplicate of the unit which gives 15 shards for that unit. Only the lower tier and story units have easily farmable shards.
    * Battery hog. The game eats battery pretty quickly, though not as quickly as FEH/Mobius in my experience. It is a bit intensive though so your device may have issues.
    * Energy never ends! This is only a bad thing because I have poor self control and end up finding myself playing the game for hours.

Premium Commentary:
    * The Alchemist Pact is fucking great and I wish more games had this. It's pretty similar to Mobius' Mobius Box. You pay $6 and get 300 gems initially as well as 100 gems and 3 skip tickets every day for the next 30 days. Excellent value and $6 doesn't break the bank.
    * Gems seem pretty fairly prices compared to some other games I've played. The step up system ensures that a $30 purchase gets at least 2 pulls, whereas most games charge about that much for a single pull.
    * The game has a built-in whale system, for those who are into that thing. There's a second type of featured banner that charges the full 2500 gems per pull but offers many benefits including Zeni ingots, shards, and other valuable items as bonuses in addition to your pull. Often also includes guaranteed 5* units.

Overall I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys tactics/strategy games. It's an excellent game with very fair gacha elements and an intriguing original world. It's completely free unless you choose to spend and as far as I can tell the game is extremely F2P friendly, moreso than any other that I've played. We'll see how it goes from here on as the game leaves early access and transitions into its standard event and featured banner rotations.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

* Shards, the resource necessary to "Limit Break" units and gain the ability to unlock new jobs, are extremely difficult to get for higher rarity units. They're uncommon random loot in shops or randomly pulled via special pull tickets, otherwise you must pull a duplicate of the unit which gives 15 shards for that unit. Only the lower tier and story units have easily farmable shards.
    * Battery hog. The game eats battery pretty quickly, though not as quickly as FEH/Mobius in my experience. It is a bit intensive though so your device may have issues.

I've played the JP version since February. There's shard farming for every non-limited gacha character and for limiteds you can use elemental shards. These aren't TOO rare to get if you do all the events and complete their missions. I have a bunch of collab units at 75 and I'm sitting on 100-250 elemental fragments of each color and almost 300 rainbow fragments.

For battery, I mostly played on emulator since it felt better to play on PC. Thankfully the DMM version just came out today and you can link it with existing accounts. It's super smooth and barely takes any resources.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's good to hear, was worried about leveling 4* and 5* units' limit breaks

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's your friend code Prothescar?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

0U0TR13W

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just downloaded this game, pretty cool it allows you to download it all at once in the options. Fun, so far i got Arkil (thief) Elaine (bow), Melia (heals), and lambert (soldier). Its a bit glitchy but i am assuming that's because of it being a brand new.

Not sure if you can friend me by my name but its a7alpha.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    Just downloaded this game, pretty cool it allows you to download it all at once in the options. Fun, so far i got Arkil (thief) Elaine (bow), Melia (heals), and lambert (soldier). Its a bit glitchy but i am assuming that's because of it being a brand new.

Not sure if you can friend me by my name but its a7alpha.
    It's friend codes only, like the one Prothescar posted.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ah, my ID is 4RFVWYAX

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I added you two. My friend code is 0CSNAB0L

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I appreciate the fact that the game gives me the waifu's bloodtype

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Lol! I didn't notice that. Still getting a handle on the game. Still fun, can't wait to see what endgame they have so far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My Friend code is 2NP1CI3W. Enjoying the game so far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There is a new banner up and they added more story missions.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pre registration event has begun at https://alchemistcode.com/milestone

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The game has now officially released globally.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Nice to finally have access to some gear as well as more event dungeons. I feel like I've hit a road block in arena though. Can't get lower than rank 160ish.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Enjoying it. Learning it has a few similarities with Valkyrie Connect, most notable the fact the 6 equipment slots are actually permanent upgrade slots much like Valkyrie connects Upgrade Orbs, and leveling up your “Job” gives you a new board while erasing the old (keep the stats of course). It’s a nice concept that I’m glad I’m familiar with or I’d be confused as fuck cause I probably skipped that tutorial.

Overall I’m enjoying the game, had to egg my people to stay ahead of being curb stomped. No 5* units in any of my pulls sadly and I’m not sure how much the meta matters right now so I don’t think I’m rerolling as people seem to think this games gacha ain’t too bad.