1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigmascape     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sigmascape

Is there a trick to skipping doomgate on war? I tried it one time but someone else went in too so I'm not sure if I fucked it up going too slow or the other person going in messed it up too. I had to use 2 fc to kill it but I have a ssd and I feel like I couldn't have done it much faster, waiting for the ghost seems to be the worst part for wasted time?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Pop sprint, keep an eye out for the large smoke puffs.. I like to keep eye up on me from the smoke stack, as soon as I get in I pop IR and just move to the ghost, FC > Upheaval > FC and its dead. I play on an SSD but have had people with a 5400 & 7200RPM HDD pull it off as well so I don't think your disk drive's speed has anything to do with it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure Yoshida confirmed that the screen transition is set no matter what your rig is.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yoshida also said this game was optimized well enough that you would be able to play without noticing any interference at 150-200ms which we all know is bullshit.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi all,

I'm a new player, playing WAR with my friend playing SCH/SMN. We just hit level 50 and are finishing up the main quest (it seems) which has so far involved one 8-man boss fight, and an 8-man dungeon, with more coming up. And I guess I have no idea what I'm doing?

Back in the 4-man dungeons, everything made sense. There were mobs that you killed, and then bosses, and the bosses had mechanics and people would explain things to you about how the mechanics worked and whatever.

But the 8-man is insane. They seemed to be running through the dungeon without fighting anything, boss fights are so chaotic that you can't even see what's happening (and they're over in seconds, long before any mechanics have time to be relevant), and nobody will tell you anything about what the fuck is going on.

Plus, the rest of them seemed to be so high level that the two of us might as well have not been there for how much we helped.

I guess I'm wondering what the deal is? Are all dungeons like this from now on? Because... it's a lot less fun and I'm hoping either it goes back to normal soon, or there's something I can do differently to make it a more enjoyable experience.

The Castrum zones are pretty much a result of most people being grossly overgeared for the content and only doing it for roulette purposes. As a result, only a couple good characters can pretty much handle the instance, and yes, there will be a lot of running to get it done ASAP. SE otherwise learned a lesson here by not meshing story heavy delivery into dungeons, so most future areas will have you handle doing cutscenes before/after the dungeon or boss fight.

What you'll probably start seeing more in 4-man stuff is people trying to "wall-to-wall" pull, which is basically the tank trying to gather everything between a starting point and the next boss for everyone to AoE down. For tanks actually leveling or a bit undergeared, though, you'll likely see the more traditional one-pack pull. Sometimes the tank or healer may not be comfortable doing it, anyway, or the dungeon is more hard-coded to smaller pulls. You'll occasionally find folks who rage about not doing it that way, but I've generally took the stance that if you're that tight for time, you're playing the wrong genre of game.

Otherwise, the only other real content that has that "What the fuck is going on?!" element would be the raids like Crystal Tower and such. Those just tend to be running from boss to boss, though, so it's not like the Castrums in that things are really skipped.

For 50 gear, be sure to spend your poetics on the Ironworks gear and the upgrade components, all sold in Toll nearish the Coerthas exit. To do the actual upgrade, you'll need to take the stuff to Gerolt in the Shroud (one with Fallgourd Float tele, he's way NE if you forgot about him). Forget the exact distribution of components, but I think it's carbontwine for all left side stuff except belt, then carboncoat for belt/accessories. Can also get weapons for 10 and 1 of specific components sold from the same vendor, too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminMason View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a new player, playing WAR with my friend playing SCH/SMN. We just hit level 50 and are finishing up the main quest (it seems) which has so far involved one 8-man boss fight, and an 8-man dungeon, with more coming up. And I guess I have no idea what I'm doing?

Back in the 4-man dungeons, everything made sense. There were mobs that you killed, and then bosses, and the bosses had mechanics and people would explain things to you about how the mechanics worked and whatever.

But the 8-man is insane. They seemed to be running through the dungeon without fighting anything, boss fights are so chaotic that you can't even see what's happening (and they're over in seconds, long before any mechanics have time to be relevant), and nobody will tell you anything about what the fuck is going on.

Plus, the rest of them seemed to be so high level that the two of us might as well have not been there for how much we helped.

I guess I'm wondering what the deal is? Are all dungeons like this from now on? Because... it's a lot less fun and I'm hoping either it goes back to normal soon, or there's something I can do differently to make it a more enjoyable experience.
    This same exact quote was posted 4 hours before this post most was made over on Reddit;

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._8man_content/

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The bots are learning from their mistakes and instead of just stealing people's names, they steal entire posts.

tbh it did feel it odd, but in the off chance, being nice didn't really cost me anything.