Thread: Synergy Stuff     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Synergy Stuff

Just confirmed that the minimum skill level to attempt a synergy recipe is equal to the normal recipes cap for "Curdled Blood Broth", cooking 57.

Does anyone besides me actually enjoy synergy? <,<;;

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Awesome. That means all the profit from synergy on Asura goes to me's! >:D

On topic, how many recipes would have to be verified before we can confirm that minimum craft skill requirements for synergy recipes (with correlating normal recipes like Cooking w/ jugs) are precisely equal to the their normal recipe caps?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    No
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Awesome. That means all the profit from synergy on Asura goes to me's! >:D

On topic, how many recipes would have to be verified before we can confirm that minimum craft skill requirements for synergy recipes (with correlating normal recipes like Cooking w/ jugs) are precisely equal to the their normal recipe caps?
    Yeah, have fun with that profit.

Is there something missing with synergy..? What is up with the research?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Yeah, have fun with that profit.

Is there something missing with synergy..? What is up with the research?
    Hey, I make a few mil monthly for a few min work, customers are always happy/appreciative, and I don't even advertise. XD
    Also, profit is profit and doing synergy for others costs me nothing but time.

Accidentally ran into something interesting. I wanted leech jugs, but none on AH. I looked up recipe, saw cooking & synergy recipes, had 55 cooking at the time, cooking cap was 57, tried synergy recipe since yield is higher for same mats, got a "you don't have enough craft skill" type msg.
    Made this face irl > (-_-;; Ended up making the ones I'm using via Cooking.

Bumped up cooking to 56, synergy still no go.
    Bumped cooking up to 57, synergy now works.
    Proceeded to HQ1/HQ2 9/10 synergy synths, (didn't bother canceling one that I knew was going to be NQ) so crafting skill seems unlikely to have any influence on synergy HQ rates. I know, small sample. It always goes like this tho.

I'm assuming that, at least for the synergy recipes that have a paired synthesis recipe, the craft skill minimum requirements are identical to the normal crafting caps. This won't help much to identify skill values for synergy-only recipes, but does indicate that we should not assume that the way skills/caps work for synergy as they do for synthesis. I was just asking how many more recipes I should verify before looking at updating the synergy page.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Hey, I make a few mil monthly for a few min work, customers are always happy/appreciative, and I don't even advertise. XD
    Also, profit is profit and doing synergy for others costs me nothing but time.

Accidentally ran into something interesting. I wanted leech jugs, but none on AH. I looked up recipe, saw cooking & synergy recipes, had 55 cooking at the time, cooking cap was 57, tried synergy recipe since yield is higher for same mats, got a "you don't have enough craft skill" type msg.
    Made this face irl > (-_-;; Ended up making the ones I'm using via Cooking.

Bumped up cooking to 56, synergy still no go.
    Bumped cooking up to 57, synergy now works.
    Proceeded to HQ1/HQ2 9/10 synergy synths, (didn't bother canceling one that I knew was going to be NQ) so crafting skill seems unlikely to have any influence on synergy HQ rates. I know, small sample. It always goes like this tho.

I'm assuming that, at least for the synergy recipes that have a paired synthesis recipe, the craft skill minimum requirements are identical to the normal crafting caps. This won't help much to identify skill values for synergy-only recipes, but does indicate that we should not assume that the way skills/caps work for synergy as they do for synthesis. I was just asking how many more recipes I should verify before looking at updating the synergy page.
    Not sure what server is buying ilvl 114 pets, but those broth go for nothing on asura.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Not sure what server is buying ilvl 114 pets, but those broth go for nothing on asura.
    Profit comes from making Fotias, Incanter's, etc. I know that those broths are dirt cheap, as are most sellable synergy items, since devs have failed me in delivering my promised synergy update. The leech jugs on the Asura AH right now are the ones I made earlier in fact. lol Synergy still has a significantly higher HQ rate (and frequently higher base yield) than actual crafting on same recipes, for those rare times you want something worthwhile like Bertha jugs, along with zero material loss.

Is there any more data pertaining on how to get HQ for synergy? It seems hit or miss to me with no way to help improve the rates. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by shinzaku View Post
    Is there any more data pertaining on how to get HQ for synergy? It seems hit or miss to me with no way to help improve the rates. :/
    Anecdotally, and logically, but not certainly.. matching elements as close as possible will raise HQ rates, as will preventing any explosions from occurring. At least for purely Synergy-skill based synths. Acing the alignment with no explosions going off will give me an HQ more often than not up until ~60+ recipes. (Probably for all synergy recipes too...) Personal speculation, I'm thinking that nothing else actually affects HQ rates, and that craft skills only determine whether or not you are allowed to attempt the recipe. Unfortunately, I have never encountered any actual test data about crafting-skill affected synergy recipes.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can't seem to find an answer on the monster webs anywhere...

synergy skill cap is 80, correct?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

thank you.

just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a quest or something since there are recipes listed at 90-100.