Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Reboot: The Guardian Code {Netflix Series} (Mar. 30, 2018)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Details:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post

Not the ReBoot we all know and grew up with, but it's something none the less for a new growing audience, so let's hope it's not crap for their sake.

Corus Entertainment has given the greenlight to Mainframe Entertainment—the television division of the multifaceted Vancouver-based animation studio Rainmaker Entertainment (TSX VENTURE:RNK)—to produce 26 half-hour episodes of a reimagined version of the classic and first-of-its-kind CG-animated television series ReBoot. Reboot: The Guardian Code, a hybrid live-action/CG-animated series to be distributed globally by TWC/Dimension Television (excluding Canada)commences production on the heels of theseries’ 20th anniversary featuring cutting-edge technology that will reboot the ReBoot universe to create a groundbreaking multi-platform experience.
    http://www.corusent.com/home/Corpora...t.aspx?Id=3007
    http://www.rainmaker.com/?/site/TVseries/InDevelopment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Here's a bit of the plot:

Over 20 years after ReBoot first booted up, ReBoot: the Guardian Code transforms four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) into new Guardians whose mission is to save the world “with the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program.”. They take on a nefarious hacker known as the Sourcerer, as well as an upgraded Megabyte, who try to unleash viruses that remotely open a dam to flood cities or destroy nuclear power plants.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/corus-...185446700.html

So there's the live action element: Teens from the real world get transplanted into the computer and become Guardians. Also, I have been reading from various other sites that Bob makes an appearance in the pilot along with Enzo and Dot throughout the series.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

fucking wot

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Vera has a fat ass.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Uhh wut. No thanks. Never mind Netflix, I take back that sci-fi thing I said.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Nope.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Welp there goes my interest...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This looks more like a Power Rangers show. Did they even watch the original before making this? lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    This looks more like a Power Rangers show. Did they even watch the original before making this? lol
    Exactly what I thought initially.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Exactly what I thought initially.
    I imagine that's the case with everyone. In order to not have thought that, you would've needed to be someone who's never seen any Power Rangers.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Called Reboot, is actually VR Troopers.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    No, but they watched VR Troopers!

Holy fuck that looks like shit.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Ain't nothing Reboot about this shit at all. Da fuq

To improve the quality of this thread, here is a video of Megabyte shredding face.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Hollywood just needs to stop trying to cash in on nostalgia already.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Ain't nothing Reboot about this shit at all. Da fuq

To improve the quality of this thread, here is a video of Megabyte shredding face.
    Okay real talk, Megabyte fucking demolishes Bob on the guitar, it's no contest.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Lol Bob got dunked on.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Megabyte was such an affably evil villain. Yeah, he'd obliterate you and your family, but goddammit, he just had such CHARM while doing it!

No sense in being barbaric about it, you know?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press Release, Will Air in Canada in June on YTV
    Toronto, CANADA – Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana is excited to announce that the hybrid live-action/CG animated hybrid ReBoot: The Guardian Code will premiere as a Netflix original series worldwide excluding Canada on March 30 and exclusively on YTV in Canada in June. Created by Michael Hefferon, the reimagined version of the 1994 animated classic ReBoot is the first television series to feature awe-inspiring animation built in the Unreal game engine with 4K resolution. The engaging series is distributed by Nelvana and produced by Mainframe Studios, a division of WOW! Unlimited Media. Nelvana will also represent the series for global licensing and merchandising.

“We’re proud to work with the talented team at Mainframe on the distribution of this cutting-edge new series,” said Pam Westman, Head, Nelvana Enterprises. “The contemporary storylines and state-of-the-art technologies of Reboot: The Guardian Code will create an awe-inspiring experience for a new generation of viewers all over the world.”

“The innovative approach used in creating ReBoot: The Guardian Code utilizing the Unreal game engine delivers a truly unique and engaging 360-degree experience for kids,” said creator Michael Hefferon. “We are delighted to work with Nelvana to bring the show to audiences everywhere”.

Netflix’s ReBoot: The Guardian Code is a thrilling hybrid live-action/CG-animated original series following the journey of four teenagers, Austin, Parker, Tamra, and Trey. On their first day at Alan Turning High, these unsuspecting teens discover they’ve been preselected to become the Next-Generation Guardians of Cyberspace with a mission to save the world – by defending it in cyberspace. With the help of VERA, ReBoot’s heroes digitize into cyberspace where they use their code-based powers to combat viruses unleashed by a merciless hacker. Known only as ‘Sourcerer’, this devious hacker seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace, and it’s up to the Guardians to stop him.

ReBoot: The Guardian Code was inspired by the original ReBoot series that premiered on Corus’ kids channel YTV in 1994 and aired until 2001.

About Nelvana
    Nelvana is Canada’s premier animation company and a world-leading producer and distributor of children’s content. Nelvana has delighted audiences around the globe for more than 40 years with a vast library of more than 4,000 episodes from original, award-winning series like Babar and Franklin. Nelvana’s content is distributed in more than 160 countries worldwide and broadcast across Corus Entertainment’s suite of leading kids networks. Nelvana Enterprises, the global licensing and merchandising arm of Nelvana, manages the organization’s portfolio of in-house and third-party brands with offices in Toronto and Paris. Nelvana Studio, with offices in Toronto and Montreal, employs more than 300 Canadian artists working with local and international producers to create premium children’s content for a global stage. For more information, visit www.nelvana.com.

Follow Nelvana Enterprises on Twitter @NelvanaEnt

About Mainframe Studios
    Mainframe Studios produced the first ever CG animated series ReBoot in 1994. The studio, along with the company’s feature division, Rainmaker Studios, has produced over 700 half hours of television and 60 + movies, working with global partners in helping to realize some of the biggest branded entertainment. Working with top global talent, the studio utilizes the latest technology in driving innovation to the creative content it produces for key broadcasters, home entertainment and interactive companies from around the world. Based in Vancouver, Mainframe Studios is a division of WOW! Unlimited Media, a publicly traded entertainment company with office in Toronto, Vancouver, New York and Los Angeles. Visit Mainframe at www.mainframe.ca

For media inquiries, please contact:

Media Contact: ChizComm Ltd. | www.chizcomm.com on behalf of Nelvana.
    Kelly French | 416.551.0822 x 346 | [email protected]

Laura Berkenblit, Senior Publicist, Nelvana
    416.860.4225; [email protected]

Michelle McTeague, Publicity Manager, Nelvana
    416.966.7724; [email protected]

Media Contact for Mainframe Studios: The Kirk Group
    Colleen Kirk / 310.251.0030 / [email protected]
    Tidbits from an interview with the new show's creator;

The show we eventually created is certainly inspired by the original ReBoot, but I don’t think of it as a ReBoot reboot. Rather, we tried to imagine that ReBoot had never been made, and we were making it for the first time for today’s audience.

YTV also wanted a show with co-viewing appeal, so we wanted to reach kids but also hook parents and older siblings. So we went with a live action–animation hybrid, to expand our audience range by making characters and topics more relatable, because the characters are real kids dealing with the fallout of the cyberverse.

In fact, a lot of industry people told me, “Don’t make ReBoot the first project you develop.” But whenever someone tells me not to do something… well, let’s just say I love a challenge.

For me, what is important is kid empowerment. I have a son. My son wants to be Austin (one of the four teens in the new series). He wants to be a Guardian. That’s what I want to do with it. I want to basically inspire kids, and adults. [This is] what the live-action element allowed us to do. We couldn’t do that if [the action] all stayed within a device.
    https://www.rebootrevival.com/?p=2513

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The show we eventually created is certainly inspired by the original ReBoot, but I don’t think of it as a ReBoot reboot. Rather, we tried to imagine that ReBoot had never been made, and we were making it for the first time for today’s audience.
    Because that's not going to piss anyone off...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast