+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Recent Stream Translation Help

To anyone that didn't see, there was a stream ~12 hours ago regarding FFXI. I'm not sure who the people are that did the stream or the context of what was covered but they showed off slides of various things. One of the more specific things was FFXI's configuration window.

Is there anyone able to translate the context of the stream, the slides and whats being discussed? As a third party developer for FFXI, I'd like to be prepared for any major changes they plan on making, so translations of what took place would be kindly appreciated.

Link to the stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu788XDmhKE

Sidenote: This is not from an official SE/FFXI source, so it could just be a review or startup guide etc. but just wanted to make sure.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Time stamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    * They went over bot countermeasures starting at 41:33. I'm guessing to reassure those who frequently see/report bots that something will be done about them. This section may be worth going back over by someone actually fluent.
    The time they wanted is in the dev thread, most important part anyway lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

they had a "commercial" i think? for ffxi pop up on youtube the other day, all in japanese

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    The time they wanted is in the dev thread, most important part anyway lol
    That timestamp is for the Freshly Picked 39 broadcast, not this one.

This looks to be the Famitsu celebration broadcast that was mentioned (and that I couldn't watch since it was premium/paid content when live.) Thank you for posting the YouTube link. ^^ I'll give it a shot, but the community really needs someone besides just me taking a shot at all the livestreams. orz

At least this looks like this should be fun. They start off w/ a champagne toast. Let's see if Fujito gets tipsy and freaks everyone out again. XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Don't expect tons of new info from this one since it's basically just FFXI's birthday party. XD There should be a few tidbits later on in this vid once Matsui and Fujito show up.

Commentators are voice actress Katou Emiri and Famitsu staff Opone Kikuchi.

Early part is reminiscing about this game, then commentators going over a huge article in Famitsu (13:10-31:30) that covers a lot of the modern changes. They show a multipage wall of text interview with the devs, but don't have the skill to translate that. @_@;; TBH though, from the snippets that I caught from the interview section, I have a feeling it's mainly focused on the process of getting here from where we started and the history of the game, and feel like it's unlikely that there is anything new to learn here. Still, 11 pages of coverage for one really old game is impressive!

41:00-1:14:00 Katou played thru Dynamis-Xarcabard. Went all the from entry to killing Dynamis Lord. lol

1:17:00 Matsui and Fujito show up.

1:22:00 They start with talking about the current structure of the devteam. Matsui answered, saying there are six people, and that they don't like talking about the others who we don't see because they are active players on live servers, so don't want to blow their cover. XD He wants to let them enjoy playing and if everyone knew who they were, then they'd get bothered too much about dev questions to be able to. I like this section, there's some funny stuff. ^^

1:25:00 Fujito goes over their decision to refocus dev time from Ambuscade to developing "new content" like Omen.

Starting around here is where I need some serious translation backup. They're going into future plans, and I'd rather not goof on this section. ^^;; I'll still give it a shot, but I expect errors tbh... Don't be a Chicken Little!

1:31:00 Fujito says they don't have enough staff to make more missions, but he has ideas for more of them in his head. Think he says that they are working on extending Adoulin storyline, and I caught the keyword for "Trusts". Kikuchi says it's a big hint. Definitely need backup trans here.

1:34:15 Katou brings up that users have brought up the idea of crowdfunding for FFXI to allow for expansions or a remake of FFXI. Matsui/Fujito both go into why they are not going to be doing something like that. Reasons that I think that I heard include: Matsui says something about PS2 which I think may be licensing problems, Fujito says something about little point in doing a remake if we're at the end of the game's lifecycle, and they don't see the appeal of converting/releasing an offline version since such a large part of the FFXI experience is the MMO aspect. NEEDS BACKUP TRANS

1:39:00 They start talking about new graphics. "PS2 Limitations" probably sums this part up, but they go a bit more in-depth. Talks about how they bought every known working PS2 devkit in the world a while back for instance. XD Think Fujito also said that they have someone on the staff who has TONS of ideas for new graphics/designs, but they just can't do much with the hardware they have available at this point.

1:43:20 They start talking about Master Trials. Fujito goes back over why they refuse to add non-cosmetic gear to them. They want it to be a challenge, something that you'll remember beating just because you actually beat it. If they added strong/ilvl gear to them, then Master Trials would run the risk of becoming a benchmark/requirement for groups doing other content.

1:44:40 Matsui jumps in and almost spills the beans on who will be in the next Trial. lol Pretty sure he says something close to "For the next Master Trial, it's someone who hasn't been used for much / used only once-Ah, I shouldn't talk about this, should I?" XD Opening speculation with my 2gil on Lady Lilith.

1:44:15 FFXI Mobile is brought up due to the recently discovered images. Matsui basically says that it's Nexon's project and he is not allowed to speak on it. :x

Then Kikuchi went into current campaigns and stuff. Didn't see anything else important.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Fujito says something about little point in doing a remake if we're at the end of the game's lifecycle
    oh god, please clarify this before someone takes and runs with it...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

@Nyarlko Thanks for your translations.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The config window is nothing new. It just points out the screenshot folder path you can set that's been in there about a year now. Probably just them recapping things for folks who haven't played since Rhapsodies started.

I'm also seeing something about a Q&A involving asking about PS4 controller support?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    oh god, please clarify this before someone takes and runs with it...
    Added a backup trans request, and I could be off since I'm only putting stuff together from what I caught, but what I did catch seemed to match up. Keep in mind that a full modernized rebuild would take quite a few years to recreate current FFXI, which is probably implied and I just missed it. I've added some better qualifying language to emphasize that I'm fuzzy on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    @Nyarlko Thanks for your translations.
    No problem. Thanks for bringing the YouTube copy to my attention this fast. ^^ Noticed that no one got tipsy this time, probably due to the fiasco last time. lol

As always everyone, and in particular this time with the Q&A section after the devs show up, grain of salt and pay attention to qualifying language please. I am a novice/amateur translator who's doing as much as I can even though I'm not actually fluent because no one else will even try. If anyone else in the community IS fluent and willing to help out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm pretty certain SE will never do a classic or progression server as other companies have done, but I've always held out hope for an FFXI-2 modern reboot, where they use existing story to do a remix on the original story with a similar setting, and in the original spirit of the game but with a modern twist. Then I realize FF14 makes more money and I doubt they have any interest in developing a niche MMO for a minority of geezers.