FFRK - Strike Back At The Empire (VI) Event & Strategies

She's a general, not some opera floozy!
    Spoiler: show

Oho! Treasure Hunter you say?

"Behold...the legendary treasure that can undo death itself..." - Locke
    "I'm free. The Empire can't control me." - Celes
    "If something happens to me, all the world's women would grieve!" - Edgar

In the World of Ruin, Locke finds an injured seagull and bandages it with his bandanna. Celes finds the bandanna on the seagull and the discovery rejuvenates her hope of finding her estranged friends and she sets out to gather everyone up to face Kefka, now the world's ruler.

The estranged Locke hears a legend of the legendary esper Phoenix said to revive the dead. He wants to use it on Rachel and heads for the Phoenix Cave where the rest of the party locates him and invites him to Kohlingen. Locke uses the esper to revive Rachel who tells Locke to stop feeling guilty. She dies again, restoring Phoenix to life. Locke, exculpated, joins Celes and the others to fight Kefka.

Event Start Date: May 24
    Event Bonus Battle: May 27
    Event End Date: June 4

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets and my own obviously expert analysis.

Much info for the event comes from this thread and its related links: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...av&sh=18e42cb7

Though the information provided is used as a guideline and not always taken directly from the thread. When necessary, additional thoughts on Cid Missions and battle strategies are added.

Notable Rewards:

Earth Sabre - Knight 5*: Earth version of Assault Sabre
    (Earth/Holy/Non)

Soul Burn - Thief 5*: 4x ST fire hits on a reduced delay. Modifier increased inversely with remaining HP. Base 0.70 -> 1.2 @ 1% HP.
    (Fire/Wind/Dark)

Gale Hairpin - Accessory 5*: Moderate Stop and Sap resist.

New Characters Acquired:
    Son of a submariner!

Dress Spheres Acquired:
    There's sand on my boots!

Old Characters Acquired:
    Locke
    Celes
    Edgar
    Leo

New Memory Crystals:
    What do I look like, a waiter?!

Old Memory Crystals
    Locke MC1/MC2
    Celes MC1/MC2
    Edgar MC1/MC2
    Leo MC1/MC2

New Record Materia:

No New Additions:

New Record Dive

Edgar
    Leo
    (Technically New) Kefka

New Legend Materia

Edgar:
    • Small Machinist damage up.
    • Moderate chance to doublecast Machinist abilities.

Leo:
    • Small Knight damage up.
    • Moderate chance to doublecast Knight abilities.

Kefka:
    • Small dark element damage up.
    • Moderate chance to gain quickcast x3 when using a dark element attack.

Cid Missions
    • Beat '凶++' with a party consisting of FFVI synergy characters.

Relics

My oh my, generosity from DeNa right before the last realm hype banner before Sun Fest.

The mythril flows, but remember the Parade Draws (75 mythril if you pull all 15) and luckies...not to mention fest banners having 2.0 chains. That windfall can and will dry up quick.

If you want to pull for specific FF6 character other than Edgar, there are better FF6 banners to pull on later; the downside being you'll have to wait until at least fall for Celes and longer for others. If you have been planning to get Edgar's relics for good element coverage (fire/lightning/poison) then this is your shot.

Comparing the next FF6 event with this one:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...l1&sh=4e743723

Like I said, if you want Edgar stuff pull now. If you want Terra or Celes you may be better off waiting. Celes and Terra each have nearly their full suite return on one banner; Celes with B2 of Fall Fest and Terra in Sun Fest B2 assuming nothing changes.

Also keep in mind that while Strago is one of the very rare water magic users for 5* torments, his BSB at least is available through the upcoming Acolyte Archives as a choice selection - but the next FF6 event has his 2.0 water chain without anything else for him.

B2 also holds Relm's last feature of her USB for a while.

Element Boosts:

Banner 1:
    • Fire: Locke AOSB, BSB2, LMR
    • Holy: Celes LMR

Banner 2:
    • Fire: Terra BSB2
    • Holy: Leo BSB

Ultra EX/Chase Type Glossary:
    Rules of thumb:
    1. Stat buffs from the EX mode have a unique ID and will stack with everything.
    2. Many USB’s come with a built in class damage boost. These are separate from the iteration class boosts and do stack.
    3. EX modes last 15 seconds, while buffs provided by the USB entry last 25 seconds. (Terra is an exception, with her EX Mode lasting 25 seconds).

Special Effects:
    • General Boost: These can be anything specifically tied to the EX Mode - HP Stock, Crit Fix, Cast Speed, Ability Boost, Stat buffs, and even Break Damage Limit. This will stack with every other buff on the user, including other EX Modes.
    • Rank Boost: This provides a damage boost scaling with the rank of the ability used. The boost starts out at ~5% for R1 increasing to ~30% for R5+.
    • Chase: Follow up attack(s) triggered by using abilities of a specific element or school while under the EX Mode. The number of these chase attacks can be random, reliant on the rank of the ability used (Rank Chase) or status of the user (Status Chase).
    • Cycle: Unit receives a quickcast or instacast charge when using abilities tied to a specific element or school – generally meant to be used in repetition for maximum effect.
    • Build Up: A gradient damage boost toward a specific ability school based on the number of ability uses from the start of the battle to when the EX mode is applied. This buff is not tied to EX mode duration, and will persist whenever the EX mode is active.
    • Wind Up: Generally applying to Summoners, this will provide additional damage based on the sum total of all type (class or element) damage done during EX mode when the mode expires. The unique aspect of this is that a recast of the USB will count toward the exit damage of the previous EX mode.
    • Phantom Cast: This effect will auto cast an attack every few second at a set rate independent of the character. The number of attacks or potency is not reliant on any outside factors (Haste, Slow, QC) and will generally produce 4 actions per EX Mode.
    • Cheer: This will grant a party wide effect after using a triggering ability. For example, Marche will triple the cast speed of every front row party member (himself included) for 1 turn after he uses a Knight ability.
    • Ability Double: This will guarantee that an ability will cast 2 times per use at the cost of 2 hones. The first cast can trigger appropriate W-Cast materia for a total of 3 hits, but the additional hits will not generate SB gauge.

Banner 1:

Locke gets all the toys, but what else do you expect of the world's most accomplished treasure hunter?

His Arcane is the standard melee 20+1 hit AOSB for fire element only.

Not only that, but he gains a 2nd Ultra in pretty quick fashion. 10x ST fire/non entry with en-fire, 1x no-charge, and EX mode 'Adventurer' - providing an Atk boost and a 'Valiant Flame' chase triggered by fire element attacks. Valiant Flame deals 4x ST fire/non hits +1 additional hit for every 20% of his HP bar he is missing (8x max).

His Glint is a stacking en-fire (not instant?) with quickcast x2. His BSB2 rises like the Phoenix.

Celes gains an improvement to her Runic niche, but sadly with the NAT shift for boss abilities it remains a niche. Her USB carries 3 element with 10x holy/ice/wind/non entry, Grand Cross, a Spellblade boost of 30%, and Spellblade ability double. Her BSB2 shows up here as a serviceable consolation prize.

It is a little sad that Celes is outclassed by her Spellblader brethren (Bartz and Squall specifically), but with the proper support she can still pump out some damage as the class boost almost makes up for no en-element focus.

Ahh, the King of Figaro. Forgotten in the cellars of the Records Archive along with Leila and Quistis. That changes now...

Elemental coverage entry? We got that! 10x poison/fire/light entry with a Machinist rank boost and a 'Machinist' EX mode - providing 30% Atk, doubling of Machinist cast speed, and a 'Debilitator' chase triggered by Machinist skills. Debilitator is a 3x poison/fire/lightning attack with a moderate chance to imperil for the associated element. Time to hone Bio Grenade.

His BSB2 offering isnt bad either.8x ST poison/fire/lightning entry with a self Atk/Def boost and no-charge x1. C1 is a 2x ranged poison/fire hit with a small chance at a minor imperil-fire. C2 is the same, but poison/lightning and imperil-lightning. Both commands are on a shortened cast time and Machinist class.

Returning Items:
    Sabin: BSB
    Mog: BSB

Banner 2:

Honestly, this is one of the better B2's in a long while.

Leo gains a new USB as our 2nd dedicated earth knight and the general does not disappoint. 10x earth/holy ST hits with a *party* Atk/Def boost, Knight class boost, and a Sword Arts chase - 4x earth/holy/non hits triggered by Knight abilities. His BSB is back as well.

Kefka's BSB2 I believe we finally got in that Bra Bra event rush a few months back. For those who don't remember it, it is basically a poison/dark Squall type BSB. It does play very well into his Legend Dive - which we do finally get here.

Again, last chance for Relm's USB for the see-able future.

Returning Items:
    Terra: USB, BSB2
    Relm: USB, BSB
    Umaro: BSB

Legend Materias:
    • Banner 1 - Edgar: Small chance to doublecast Machinist abilities.*
    • Banner 1 - Locke: Begin battle with en-fire.
    • Banner 1 - Celes: Small chance to doublecast Spellblade abilities.
    • Banner 1 - Sabin: Atk buildup. Monk hits: 2% -> 34%.

*Also functions similar to Bartz LMR, granting an additional Machinist hit 10% of the time for 3 total hits.

• Banner 2 - Leo: Deal moderately more physical damage with a sword equipped.
    • Banner 2 - Terra: Small chance to doublecast fire element abilities.
    • Banner 2 - Relm: Small chance to add Magic Blink 1 to a character healed with a White Magic single target ability.
    • Banner 2 - Kefka: Small chance to doublecast dark element abilities.

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...8z&sh=93c2f7c4

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ultimate + Apocalypse Battles
    Maduin
    凶Maduin
    HP: ???
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Maduin with 3 or more heroes not KO'ed.

Weak: None
    Absorb: None
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: None

Notes: For one, we get an Ultimate fight we have not really seen since Ultimates were introduced.

Madiun was global's first Ultimate level fight, and while he has slightly higher stats now the base fight has not changed.

He has a focus on tri element magic (fire/ice/lightning) and around 50% HP he will seal all magic (both him and you) for a few turns. Be sure to heal up going into this since you will not be able to heal.

A dispel is suggested, but not required, as he can cast protect and regen on himself. Additionally, he can dispel you so a manual Shellga, at least, is suggested.

Blue Dragon +
    凶Blue Dragon
    HP: ???
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Blue Dragon with at least 3 characters not KO'ed.

Weak: Lightning
    Absorbs: Water
    Resists: None
    Vulnerabilities: None

Notes: Mostly a water and magic based fight. Nothing physical is of great concern, but certainly pack water resist and magic mitigation. He can also sap, so watch your Last Stand use if Relm is your healer.

At phase change transitions, Blue Dragon will use a potent AoE water magic attack that dispels your party...so be ready with a hastega. If you are relying on RW for haste, maybe hold off on using it until the first phase shift.

Cid Mission:
    No innate lightning users in realm honestly, but Celes and Terra can provide lightning damage through their respective class abilities.

No real counters to worry about, so your support options are wide open between Setzer and Mog.

It is honestly a straightforward fight, so just cover your bases and you should be okay.

White Dragon (Apoc +)
    滅White Dragon
    HP: 500,000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat the White Dragon with 3 or more heroes not KO'ed.

Weak: None
    Absorbs: Holy

Notes: I miss Pearl.

A decent powered 2 hit physical is the only thing you'll want protect for. Bring your magic mitigation* and holy resist. Thank you Yuna's Obi!

Affliction Break should be a consideration here, as the AoE Ultimate Saintly Beam will imperil-holy your party. We know from magicites that can add up quick.

White Dragon can counter physical hits at a decent clip with an AoE regular dispel. That makes mage teams a little weaker since they need more buffing without an element to exploit, but better overall since you won't be hit with all the dispels. Additionally, it does have a small chance for a regular dispel AoE, so having a backup hastega at least is recommended.

Jump Start: No known changes.

Demon (Apoc ++)
    滅Demon
    HP: 680,000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Demon with 2 or more heroes not KO'ed.

Weak: Fire, Poison
    Absorbs: Wind

Notes: Something new instead of facing Chadarnook...we take on the 3rd statue Demon.

This is a mostly magical fight, and bringing a protect is up to you. The lone AoE physical hit can lower Def/Res (but does not remove Wall) so facing a few of those quickly can cause some hurt. Additionally, if you are bringing a physical team, you'll want a dispel more so for protect removal than for removing haste.

A lot of Demon's magic hits ignore Res, so absolutely pack up on the offensive magical mitigation.

Here is the main trick for this fight: Stop mitigation. Demon will cast stop often enough on 1/2/3 characters depending on phase. If a Stop lands on anyone, Demon will follow up with an instant KO move on the afflicted unit. The KO is also auto-hit...so Stop resist is your accessory of the day. Affliction Break as well if you can slot it.

Astra isn't as good a choice here, because Sap happens often enough to eat the Astra and then you get Stopped and then immediately KO'ed. Don't be that guy.

If you have some realm gear for healers...Demon's stop can be negated at 600 Mnd. Mind Breakdown could be another option if you can slot it, but the other methods are vastly more effective.

For the flip side of the previous fight, physical teams will see less incoming counter damage here as Demon counters all attacks with a possible ST Firaga, but will counter Black/White Magic with an AoE fire element attack.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

pulling once then waiting for all those fests

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm doing it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Im a hard 50/50 on pulling here.

I have Locke USB and BSB1 already, as well as Locke and Celes LMR and Mog BSB. Its a minefield of a banner for me, but with Celes being my forever never-pull and my love for FF6 overall...damn this is going to be hard to say no to.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

2 sources of runic on waifu. PULL!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm on the fence too..... but fuck it, gonna pull once, would like to get something for Locke since he was my first character relic and I only have that and his LMR.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I inexplicably keep getting locke stuff in spite of explicitly not pulling for him (burst 1, two copies of osb, an old crappy healing soul break)...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

USB gotten, but I think I need literally a thousand major power orbs now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    USB gotten, but I think I need literally a thousand major power orbs now.
    Torment's open for another 6 days. Get to farming, boy. \o7

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Thats acolyte archived; torment revamp isnt for several months yet?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Thats acolyte archived; torment revamp isnt for several months yet?
    Well, we are not sure.

Torment *should not* be going away and their revamp should not be for a few more months. But with the transition to Acolyte's, we are unsure if those mote rewards will carry over to AA.

I just finished the last of them myself...might as well with excess stamina.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I have the FFX 200 to CM. I'm too lazy to finish that for the 2 ice crystals.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

No, I mean the torments aren’t going away with archives right? I finished all the CMs literally months ago lol

EDIT: for mpo farming

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Torment CMs are NOT going away with AA. They stayed when JP got AA. They ONLY go away when Torment 2.0 arrives.

They will give specific warnings when things involving 5* motes disappear.