FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Daemon X Machina (PC/NSW) Cel-Shaded Armored Core

Developed by First Studio (God Eater 3 | Fate/Exella Link)

A brand-new Nintendo Switch title with the strategy of a mech game at the speed of an action game!

A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to the Nintendo Switch system. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Choose and equip your Arsenal with a multitude of weapons, obtain more from downed enemy Arsenals, and swap them on the fly to suit your strategy in the face of ever-changing threats.

Key Features
    • Kenichiro Tsukuda is well known for his work developing the Armored Core series. He and his talented team have developed this brand-new title with the goal of making it “the best mech action game” out there.
    • The character designs were created by Yusuke Kozaki, who also worked on the Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates games.
    • Mech concept designs were created by Mr. Kawamori, who also worked on the Armored Core series and the Super Dimension Fortress Macross series.
    • Arsenals can battle freely in the air and on the ground.
    https://dxm.marv.jp/en.html

• Daemon X Machina is an Unreal Engine 4-based mech action game led by former Armored Core developer Kenichiro Tsukuda, who summarized the game as “Armored Core with destructible environments.”
    • Players will be able to buy and carry a host of weapons, including laser swords and bazookas, as well as unlock new mechs, pick armor, and customize for durability, mobility, and more.
    • “Orders” are mercenary missions that earn you money. The Orders you choose determines how the story progresses, as well as your allies.
    • With destructible environments, even buildings can be made to collapse on top of enemies. Players can lift and throw cars, tear out sign posts and use them as swords, and pick up weapons dropped by fallen enemies. There may also be hidden items on top of buildings.
    • “We deliberately made this easy to get into, but there is depth to the gameplay as well,” Tsukuda said.
    • On multiplayer, Tsukuda said, “We’re thinking about ways for everyone to play together, but we’ll introduce exactly how we plan to do that at another time.”
    • It is a full game that will launch at retailers.
    https://gematsu.com/2018/06/daemon-x...e-environments
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dae...core-on-switch

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I want an actual armored core, but having literally the lead guy doing this and describing it as basically Armored Core...

...I guess I'll have to take the plunge.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I found Armored Core V to be a disappointment, hopefully this is more like IV.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

All I want is a modern-Gen or PC AC:4Answer with 60fps and online multiplayer. That game was excellent for dueling and teamfighting, but it was crippled by the PS3's tech and chugged at times.

Today's consoles and especially PCs can handle the load.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

> New Armored Core

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    All I want is a modern-Gen or PC AC:4Answer with 60fps and online multiplayer. That game was excellent for dueling and teamfighting, but it was crippled by the PS3's tech and chugged at times.

Today's consoles and especially PCs can handle the load.
    I'm actually going to see if I can spin it up on emulator. But I really really want another Armored Core 4A. That game was so damn good.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Armored Core is one of those rare games where I feel each new release is generally better than the last. Some can be a bit hit or miss, but I've found pretty much all of them fun. 4A though? Damn near perfection.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

At the risk of sounding like a complete fucking echo chamber, I'm really glad there's some cats up in here who both played and loved 4A. The acting may have been B-Tier and the plot may have gotten stupid at the end, but goddamn if the gameplay and theme kick serious ass.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Feels like whenever I tried to get into AC it never really clicked with me (Silent Line, Nexus, 5). Cautiously optimistic about this thing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You may have needed a faster one. Try Armored Core: 4 Answer.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

God I need this in my life so much.

If we can’t get a remastered 4A or a new AC altogether, than I’ll gladly take a spiritual successor.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This looks amazing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wasn't impressed with the two videos, in the OP post, but I'm hopeful that the final game faster paced and fun to play.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

While nintendrones fake hype over rerererereleased games and shitty online service, some small bit of info was buried for this.

- You hop into your Arsenal to find a runaway AI. You can gather weapons from beaten enemies and bring them back to your base. These can be equipped to your character.

- In addition, you can leave your Arsenal. This allows you to explore the world. Your avatar in Daemon x Machina can be customized. When your human form gets new skills from these updates, your Arsenal will change and gain new skills as well.

- 4 players online co-op will be available in Daemon x Machina. This will allow you to fight giant bosses with other people and perhaps team up to have a better chance of taking them down.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Coming Summer 2019, Demo Out Today

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Demo thoughts

+Customization of avatar and mechs is pretty good
    +Sleek art direction
    +Weapons don't appear to have "weight" so seems like you're free to use whatever combinations of 2 hands + shoulder/aux + 2 backup hands

-Kind of a lack of "oomph" in damage, both giving (shots feel like confetti) and receiving ("where am I being hit from?")
    -Framerate is kind of rough at times
    -Boost feels a bit too restricted
    -(personal) Can't paint weapons

+/- Aiming is pretty generous
    +/- Your pretty animu waifu is gonna be slowly converted to machine by necessity of upgrades

It's not like Armored Core depth but the prospect of multiplayer hopefully breathes some interesting takes on the experience.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Oh a demo? Hell yeah. Gotta try that immediately.

This was interesting, it's definitely AC lite but there seems to be a decent amount of customization for both character and mech. I doubt it'll be as crazy as AC could get but it was definitely better than I expected.

Graphics are kinda rough at times, between the UI and colours and explosions it took about 3-4 hours to get used to everything it was throwing at me. I'm not a huge fan of the city environments...oddly enough it feels like I'm looking at the background environment of AC2 with the modern mechs of DxM. It's a hard adjust and some things are just plain hard to read on the map or just on screen in terms of colours and shit. Pretty overwhelming at times but you get used to it. I tried handheld mode and would not recommend it, it looks pretty shit but on a big screen it looked a lot better.

Controls are kind of an issue, but you have full customisation over them so that's a huge plus in my book. I tried a few different control schemes and my ultimate take away is that joycons hurt my hands. Might be better on a real controller so I need to try with PS4 or something. There's autofire on some weapons/arms which helps and it's definitely cool but goddamn that's a lot of buttons to press. I don't like the way the mech descends it's like either I want to hold up to go up and down to go down, not up whenever I want but press a button and I sink like a rock. It's weird that there's so much of a penalty on landing lag but absolutely no resource drain on flying, it basically means you always want to be flying or on the ground, because landing itself will mess you up (and it feels awful). There's also some issues trying to pick up items and sometimes you can use them in the air and sometimes you can't, but the game never tells you which, so if you have to land and use an item there's just so much lag it sucks.

It's not entirely clean or massively intuitive, but with some practice and control changes I think it'll feel pretty good. Since you have infinite flight and your boost bar is very generous you can definitely go fast and shit so I'm looking forward to see what they change.

Hub is weird and pretty barren, hopefully you can talk to people because as it stands it might as well just be a menu. Missions were fun once you get used to the radar, but it definitely needs work. Making active enemies this light orange colour is stupid. Giant bosses were cool, but the level "arenas" you might as well call them are tiny and the penalty for going out of bounds isn't a warning or eventual you have 10 seconds to return or you abandon mission, the solution DxM uses is to take all control away and force you back into the arena in the absolute worst way possible, which usually involves getting hit because you fly STRAIGHT or wasting all your boost because...idk the game is an asshole? They definitely need to fix it because the combination of fast flight and huge bosses means you'll eventually go out of bounds and get fucked for it.

Overall I liked it but it feels very very rough.