FFXI Server
    Sylph

2018 NBA Offseason Thread: The Decision Episode III: Revenge of the Lakers

Bron Watch 2018 intensifies.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

You tried to stifle my scoop!

Reports coming in from all the big dogs (Woj, Shams) that Kawhi wants out, feels betrayed by the Spurs and the relationship is irreparably damaged

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kawhi, Lebron and Playoff P all wearing Laker Gold and Purple. Start of a new dynasty amirite?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Woj says he supposedly wants to go to Los Angelers with the Lakers preferred over the Clippers. Lakers are already chasing two small forwards in George and LeBron.

Wonder if the Clippers regret trading Blake Griffin now?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Woj says he supposedly wants to go to Los Angelers with the Lakers preferred over the Clippers. Lakers are already chasing two small forwards in George and LeBron.

Wonder if the Clippers regret trading Blake Griffin now?
    Those three can play together np.

Not sure what you mean, why would LAC regret offloading that onerous contract?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think the Clippers look a lot better if they still have both Griffin and DeAndre. Don't think that Kawhi and DJ alone makes that team relevant unless the Clips have more spending cash on hand than I'm aware of.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I think the Clippers look a lot better if they still have both Griffin and DeAndre. Don't think that Kawhi and DJ alone makes that team relevant unless the Clips have more spending cash on hand than I'm aware of.
    Maybe, but not if he and his handlers are smart.

I think it's moot because I don't think he'd choose LAC over LAL in either scenario

Saw a report that his team wants him in NY, which makes the most sense if you want maximum shine

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think the Lakers can field a better trade offer anyway (good way to get value out of Randle plus package Ingram/Ball right now) but what would happen if Leonard lands on the Clippers instead of the Lakers against his preference like CP3?

GATTACA!

BG Level

I think the Lakers can field a better trade offer anyway (good way to get value out of Randle plus package Ingram/Ball right now) but what would happen if Leonard lands on the Clippers instead of the Lakers against his preference like CP3?
    He'd be forced to play those last two years out I guess. That would be extremely risky by LAC because his phantom(?) quad injury could "force" him to sit out another season

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

LAKERS PLS GET ALL 3 I DONT EVEN LIKE THE LAKERS BUT LETS DO IT

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    He'd be forced to play those last two years out I guess. That would be extremely risky by LAC because his phantom(?) quad injury could "force" him to sit out another season

*Kawhi can opt out after next season.

So if you trade for him, you're basically doing the OKC-PG gamble unless he signs an extension immediately or gives you an assurance

GATTACA!

BG Level

Lakers already bumped to 6/1 favorites to win the finals next year lol

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If Magic wants to go all-in, I honestly think the Lakers can offer the best package to the Spurs, save for Boston, with Ingram and Kuzma-or-Ball plus a Randle sign-and-trade. Two young players with large upside potential plus a proven ascending young player in Randle. The only thing is I don't know if the Spurs would be interested in that since it would probably require LMA to move up to 5 and I believe he has an aversion to that. Then you use Kahwi as bait for bringing in PG/Bron.

GATTACA!

BG Level

If Magic wants to go all-in, I honestly think the Lakers can offer the best package to the Spurs, save for Boston, with Ingram and Kuzma-or-Ball plus a Randle sign-and-trade. Two young players with large upside potential plus a proven ascending young player in Randle. The only thing is I don't know if the Spurs would be interested in that since it would probably require LMA to move up to 5 and I believe he has an aversion to that. Then you use Kahwi as bait for bringing in PG/Bron.
    I think the Spurs have to re-calibrate at this point and look a few years ahead, meaning they shouldn't worry about LMA's fit

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If we're talking SA looking to the future, Boston has a lot to offer

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Yeah, Spurs/Lakers deal makes a lot of sense. It depends on how they still feel about keeping Kawhi in the West but who fucking cares at this point.

Edit: IF FUCKING BOSTON SWOOPS IN I SWAR TO GOD

Editedit: they got a nice stash of picks. It wouldn't be bad for them to gamble on him imo

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As I said, Lakers have a lot to offer save for Boston. But I'm not sure Boston wants to give up a lot of pieces for Leonard when they were already are poised to take over the East WITHOUT their two best players. I don't think the lack of a third top-shelf talent player is a big problem for them right now. How little can Boston give alongside a bunch of picks?

GATTACA!

BG Level

As I said, Lakers have a lot to offer save for Boston. But I'm not sure Boston wants to give up a lot of pieces for Leonard when they were already are poised to take over the East WITHOUT their two best players. I don't think the lack of a third top-shelf talent player is a big problem for them right now. How little can Boston give alongside a bunch of picks?
    Healthy Kawhi is a different tier than anyone they have though. Turning Hayward and smaller pieces into Kawhi would be a significant upgrade in my mind.

The injury mystery would terrify me though

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah if they wanted to do Hayward + a few small pieces + picks into Leonard I think that is to Boston's benefit. But will the Spurs bite on Hayward? The Lakers are giving up young players which fit into a rebuild. Do the Spurs want to try reload on Hayward + LMA? They aren't making it out of the West like that.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And given the severity of Hayward's injury (and we all know how bad it was), is he going to even be the same player when he comes back?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast