Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Star Trek Expanded Universe Project (CBS)

3 New Live Action Series & 1 Animated Series with Alex Kurtzman Overseeing All of it over 5 Years
    Starfleet Academy developed by Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz (Runaways)
    (Wrath of) Khan
    Other 2 Projects haven't had their details announced

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sta...an-1202842335/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Please can we get something set post-Voyager.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Please can we get something set post-DS9.
    Fixed

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have no faith in this after Discovery.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I have no faith in this after Discovery.
    Same. Already cringing on what they'll spew out

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

All of this sounds like dogshit. Starfleet Academy just seems like a generic scifi "show for young adults" thats probably going to be next lvls of bad (like all of these fuckin vampire shows I can´t even be bothered to remember their names). Who gives a shit about Wrath of Khan subplots after TWO FUCKING MOVIES about him. Animated series....trying to milk the kids too I see. Yep sad to say but my most beloved franchise ever is dead. Actually it´s been dead ever since after Voyager but some fuckin executives dug up its corpse and proceed to rape it over and over again in hopes to make a shitzillion dollars. Fuckin wonderfull...

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still haven't watched DS9, I really need too. I had the same hesitation with Voyage and i loved Voyager.

These are probably going to be vomit but if they can capture the tone of Star Trek I'll give it a shot. They won't, but I'll always have that olive branch extended.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...the-helm-again!

So Next Generation sequel is the 3rd live action. Now we just need details on the animated series.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Its been confirmed this is one of the live action series? As soon as I saw the announcement I was worried it was going to be animated and he was just going to voice the character.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

WHAT THE FUCK!?

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1025848430625734656?s=13

Stewart makes this sound interesting as fuck honestly and if I trust ANYBODY to make sure this iteration of Star Trek is actually being fuckin Star Trek, it´s him. Consider me cautiously optimistic. Also.....PICARD IS BACK!!! Actually....consider me hyped as fuck for that reason alone.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How are they treating the 2009 reboot movie universe? Is it a split multi-verse or is it the movie universe the actual universe but we are still watching stuff that happened in the original continuity before the timeline was altered?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

No reason Next Generation wouldn't eventually happen even in the new timeline.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sure but I imagine that the new timeline would result in changes in at least a number of small ways if not some huge ones. By "next chapter" I'm guessing we're seeing something that builds on the events of TNG as we saw them already.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, doesn't DS9 take place Post-TNG, and in that the Enterprise (from TNG) is actually destroyed. I wonder how they'll handle it TBH. We'll have to get a "new" ship. Either way, I'm really quite optimistic but also extreeeemely cautious.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    We'll have to get a "new" ship.
    Do we really though? Stewart specifically said "It won´t be the Picard you knew. Maybe he won´t even be a Captain".

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Do we really though? Stewart specifically said "It won´t be the Picard you knew. Maybe he won´t even be a Captain".
    The Enterprise D would still be gone/destroyed with how old he is now and how much time has passed if they want to keep it consistent. So unless its more like DS9 (which still had The Defiant) or the series is more about the Misadventures of Admiral Picard going from shuttle to shuttle. Alternatively it could just be an Alternate universe.

Movies killed D, built E. IDK if E is still alive.

Edit: Speaking of movies, the Enterprise E is actually established in the Borg movie, I guess I just forgot about all that nonsense. Past that you get into Star Trek:Online and I doubt anything there is canonical.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    The Enterprise D would still be gone/destroyed with how old he is now and how much time has passed if they want to keep it consistent. So unless its more like DS9 (which still had The Defiant) or the series is more about the Misadventures of Admiral Picard going from shuttle to shuttle. Alternatively it could just be an Alternate universe.

Movies killed D, built E. IDK if E is still alive.

Edit: Speaking of movies, the Enterprise E is actually established in the Borg movie, I guess I just forgot about all that nonsense. Past that you get into Star Trek:Online and I doubt anything there is canonical.
    Not 100% sure but I THINK everything in ST:O is actually canon. Would have to look it up to make sure though but yeah...pretty damn sure.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Giga spoiler with books EU

Spoiler: show

D gets blown up in Generations, E makes an entrance in First Contact and is around for the rest of the movies, EU of Enterprise E is still around as far as I read, captained by Picard (who is married to married to Crusher, son Renè), First Officer Worf. Data is running around ultrarich (but wanted by the orion syndicate trying to sort out Lal, but is Lore, but is Data, but is Lore (I'm not spoiling that part anymore than that), Riker & Deanna are married and Riker got his own command, the Titan, with a slipstream drive, i _think_ LaForge is with the Daystrom institute, Wesley actually made himself useful and saved the universe once, the Borg wiped out significant parts of the Federation (we also learned their origins), but they're rebuilding, we learn the truth about section 31, Andor went pretty much sterile but Bashir broke so many laws it's amazing to fix it (small DS9 there, but potentially relevant), several hostile species (Romulans, Tholians, +++) have joined into a typhoon pact, The traditional Romulan Empire doesn't really exist anymore, but it split into (mainly) 2 governments, and lots of stuff I can't remember off the top of my head

Also:

The new movies are different timeline, the time travel created a different timeline that exists in parallell.
    It wasn't the Enterprise that was blown up in DS9, it was another Galaxy class ship whose names escape me.

Also:

Picard

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I am startlingly excited about all of this. I hope they don't completely shit it up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Two More Live-Action Projects in Development in Addition to the Georgiou Spin-Off, All of it for CBS AA
    http://blog.trekcore.com/2020/01/kur...hows-in-works/

Top two rumors are Starfleet Academy & a Pike/Spock buddy team-up.