+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ghostbusters 3: Afterlife (November 11, 2021)

Jason Reitman, son of Ivan (who directed 1 & 2), will co-write and direct this one. It's a sequel to the 80s, not a reboot. Present day, what's happening to the original crew. Set for 2020 release. Will be interesting to see what they do (Aykroyd's original idea for the third one is New York descends into Hell and no two people speak the same language so communication is almost impossible). Also, because they could never get the third movie going, the game from 2009 served as the third story.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I'm happy about this, but fuck Bill Murray for delaying this so long. Now we can't have Egon...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't see the teaser trailer earlier when I saw it reported on Youtube. The report I watched said Murray hadn't actually signed on yet. Maybe they're wrong, but if not, seems like they're jumping the gun a tad with nothing done beyond the writing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Team Consists of 4 Teenagers (2 boys & 2 girls), Script Written by Jason Reitman, Directed by Gil Kenan (Monster House/Poltergeist), Coming Summer 2020
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horro...lassic-a165849

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I dunno if I want this without Harold Ramis

After the last attempt seems like eventually you would decide to let sleeping dogs lie, but who knows. Maybe a revived long dead franchise won't be terrible. Maybe.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Please don't screw this up

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I also find it funny how they're pretty much saying "okay, we did all guys, and we tried all girls, so lets just make everyone happy and do half and half, okay?" Not that that's a bad thing, just amusing

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hell so long as they understand what made the old movie good I'll have hope for it. Wont know til we get a Trailer with a bit more to it though.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Hell so long as they understand what made the old movie good I'll have hope for it. Wont know til we get a Trailer with a bit more to it though.
    I sometimes think it was just actors which is what made it good and nothing else. It seemed like they really enjoyed the movie and had fun.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah, could very well have been a lightning-in-a-bottle 80's movie that should just be left alone.

But since they're still hellbent on desecrating this corpse I can hope

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lost me at "team consists of 4 teenagers" gl and hf

Spoiler: show
    ?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The Power Rangers (2017) was fine. Juno, which Jason directed, was great. Rocket Science, Assassination of a High School President, Charlie Bartlett, Beware the Gonzo, Brick, Orange County, Grind, Goonies, Breakfast Club, Superbad, Easy A, and many others have teen/high school characters and they are good movies (some are guilty pleasures).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It does happen but several of those were non teenagers playing teenagers and/or established actors (or at least strong support from established actors). All too often we see them throwing relative unknown kids in these roles.... So I'm gunna wait till I see a cast

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

If they are trying to do an "Extreme Ghostbusters" type thing...depending on the cast and storyline, I would be cautiously optimistic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I also find it funny how they're pretty much saying "okay, we did all guys, and we tried all girls, so lets just make everyone happy and do half and half, okay?" Not that that's a bad thing, just amusing
    People I talk to in reality, not online, didn't seem to be bothered by the all female thing. It was the ignoring the original that was turning people off. I had several people mention that even if it was a soft reboot, if it had acknowledged that the original had happened in-universe, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    People I talk to in reality, not online, didn't seem to be bothered by the all female thing. It was the ignoring the original that was turning people off. I had several people mention that even if it was a soft reboot, if it had acknowledged that the original had happened in-universe, it wouldn't have been a big deal.
    My friends and I are of the opinion that it was manufactured feminism covering up a shitty movie. Especially the stance they took defending the trailers from critics. I know there's a bunch of gross man children online, but calling Angry Video Game Nerd a sexist for refusing to watch it was too far. Above all that, it was just a waste of four great comedians who have done way better work in the past.

Now it's floating in bargain bins. GJ, Sony.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    My friends and I are of the opinion that it was manufactured feminism covering up a shitty movie. Especially the stance they took defending the trailers from critics. . I know there's a bunch of gross man children online, but calling Angry Video Game Nerd a sexist for refusing to watch it was too far. Above all that, it was just a waste of four great comedians who have done way better work in the past.

Basically the stance of any real person I talked to. It wasn't women in general or even necessarily the specific ones they used that was the issue so much as it was half being used as the selling point of what was effectively a knock off that didn't understand the original and half bait for said man children to drum controversy for free press. which might have worked if they had ya know put that much thought and effort into the movie itself and hadn't done the full blown if you don't like this you are sexist reviews before it even came out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast