FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Super Mario Maker 2 (NSW) - June 28, 2019

In this new game, a sequel to the original Wii U™ game, players can create the Super Mario courses of their dreams, with access to even more tools, items and features, including the new ability to create slopes for the first time. Super Mario Maker 2 launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch this June.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wonder how hard they had to force themselves not to call this "Super Mario Maker Deluxe: Definitive Edition."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

When you put together your upcoming summer plans, make sure to add “Create the Super Mario course of my dreams!” to the list. That’s because Super Mario Maker 2 launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on June 28, just in time to take the game with you on all your summer travels.

This full-fledged sequel to the original groundbreaking Super Mario Maker game for the Wii U system lets your imagination run wild as you make and play your own Super Mario courses using new tools, items and features.

With an incredibly intuitive toolset ready to be explored and experimented with, including the new ability to create slopes for the first time, nearly anything is possible in Super Mario Maker 2.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

During the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct video presentation, Nintendo shared new details about the Super Mario Maker 2 game, launching exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on June 28. The deep dive into the game revealed some of what’s new in Super Mario Maker 2, including new course parts and tools; a new single-player story mode with more than 100 Nintendo-created courses; new course themes; details about online course sharing; options to create and play together with others; and information about a special offer for Nintendo Switch Online members. The presentation also covered the upcoming Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019 tournament, streaming live online the weekend before E3 from Los Angeles. The Nintendo Direct was stuffed with more fun goodies than a ? block!

Super Mario Maker 2 puts the power of creating unique Super Mario courses into the hands of the player,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Video game fans of all ages have more tools than ever to help them stretch their imaginations as they make, play and share the Super Mario courses of their dreams.”

Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:

• What’s New?: There are a ton of new course parts, tools and features for creators to use in Super Mario Maker 2, some of which include:

- Slopes – Create angled surfaces by just picking a direction and setting the length. Gentler slopes are an additional option.

- Angry Sun – Remember the angry sun that attacked Mario in the Super Mario Bros. 3 game? It’s back and ready to put the pressure on players in this new game.

- ON/OFF Switch – Hit an ON/OFF Switch, and all the red and blue blocks in the course will swap! Setting them up wisely will help players create tricky puzzles and obstacles.

- Water Level – The water level in Super Mario Maker 2 can be adjusted in the Forest theme, so only half the course can be underwater if that’s what the player wants. Water can even be set to rise and fall at different speeds over time.

- Banzai Bill – The red variations of these classic Super Mario enemies have a homing function, and chase poor Mario wherever he goes.

- Co-op Making: Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend to create a course together, side by side.

- To Be Continued...: There are more secrets in Super Mario Maker 2. Players will have a blast experimenting with all the tools and features they can use to create.

• Story Mode: In the single-player Story Mode, which can be played entirely offline, Mario sets out to help rebuild Princess Peach’s castle. To fund this reconstruction project, he needs to collect Coins, which he can earn by accepting jobs from the bulletin board and completing the associated courses. Story Mode is a great way for makers to get inspired, with more than 100 original Nintendo-crafted courses to play.

• New Course Themes: In addition to all the course themes from the original game, players will be able to create and play courses using the Desert, Snow, Forest and Sky themes. These themes feature new music by veteran Super Mario series composer Koji Kondo. The new Moon course part can be used to unlock night versions of themes. Depending on the theme used, wild things will happen at night, including floating Goombas, dimmed lighting in the Ghost House and sandstorms in the Desert. Some items might even transform in the nighttime…

• Super Mario 3D World: Players can choose to create their courses in the style of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros. U games and a new one based on Super Mario 3D World. Some new features unique to this style include:

- Cat Mario – Cat Mario can climb walls, scratch, slide and pounce on enemies. Players can even use Cat Mario to climb up the Goal Pole!

- Clear Pipe – Clear Pipes can be placed in any shape the player wants, but they have to be careful, as enemies can also slide through them.

- Koopa Troopa Car – Hop in this sweet ride and zoom through the course. Players just have to make sure not to crash!

- Track Block – The Track Block will follow any path the player draws. The blue one starts moving when the player steps on it.

- Piranha Creeper – The Piranha Creeper follows the path that the player draws, extending its dangerous spiky stem around the course.

- Who’s Who in Super Mario 3D World?: A cast of other familiar faces will also make appearances in Super Mario Maker 2, so players are in for a treat!

• Course World: An online hub where players can play and share courses, as well as play together, Course World is available for players around the world who have a membership to Nintendo Switch Online. Players can browse by Popular Courses, New Courses or even search for specific tags like “puzzle-solving” or “autoscroll” using a set of filters. Once a course is downloaded, it can be played anytime – including offline! Players can also personalize their Mii character’s appearance using items like shirts and hats that unlock after completing various objectives. In Endless Challenge, players will try to complete as many Course World courses as possible on the difficulty of their choice before getting a game over. Earning impressive scores in this mode might even get the player on the Leaderboards!

• Play Together: In Course World, players can play courses with people all over the world. When playing with four players, players play as Mario, Luigi, Toad or Toadette.

- Multiplayer Versus – Four players face off in a side-scrolling showdown in this online multiplayer mode. Each player will be assigned a different character, then race each other in a randomly selected course. The player who clears the course first wins and increases their Versus Rating.

- Multiplayer Co-op – In this online mode, up to four players must work together to beat the course. If one player finishes it, everyone wins!

- Nearby Play - If up to four players each own a Nintendo Switch system and the Super Mario Maker 2 game, one can set up a virtual room that the others in the same location can join to play together on their own systems. Only the player setting up the room needs an internet connection.

• Super Mario Maker 2 + Nintendo Switch Online Bundle: Launching in stores and digitally in Nintendo eShop on June 28 in addition to the stand-alone game, this bundle includes the Super Mario Maker 2 game and a 12-month Individual Membership to Nintendo Switch Online at a suggested retail price of $69.99, a $9.99 savings off of the suggested retail price when purchasing each separately. Remember: A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the game’s online features.

• Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers – For $99.99, fans with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a set of two Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers from Nintendo eShop. For a limited time, players can redeem these vouchers for two eligible digital games in Nintendo eShop. For example, players can pre-purchase Super Mario Maker 2 and also grab another fun game like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Odyssey, Yoshi’s Crafted World or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. By redeeming these vouchers, users are saving up to $19.99 on the combined suggested retail price of two games. Vouchers are redeemable for one year from the date of purchase and don’t have to be used at the same time. For more information about this limited-time special offer, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/onli...pecial-offers/.

• Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019 – On June 8, four members of the Super Mario Maker community will compete in a variety of wild and unpredictable Super Mario Maker 2 courses designed by Nintendo’s Treehouse team. The event will open up the festivities at The Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, starting at 11 a.m. PT, and will be followed by the Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 3v3 2019. For more information about the event, including ticketing information, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/.
    http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Damn, thats a lot of new content. I love level builders in games... a game designed around level building seems like I should give it a try now that I own a switch.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I knew they would be adding more stuff to this game, but jeez. That video just felt like a neverending "and now this new thing!" lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Super Mario Maker 2 Will Only Allow Online Play With Random Players
    To be more specific, no matter whether you’re going for co-op or versus gameplay, if you choose the online option, you’ll only be able to play with random players. For those trying to best their friends, the only option is to play on the same Nintendo Switch, or via local wireless play.
    According to Nintendo, this is because of how the global leaderboards and versus rating system works. If players were able to play against friends, matchmaking would be compromised. Despite co-op play not tied to global leaderboard, this applies as well.
    https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/2...andom-players/

More Nintendo doing more Nintendo type things. Apparently they also make you pay online sub to just download stages as well, from what I read in comments.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well that kinda ruins my hype.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Online Multiplayer Friends confirmed for a future update: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...32590384701440

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Thank fuck. I was going to skip this. Every friend I have noped out because of that decision.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I probably won't use the multiplayer anyway, but random pairings for co-op was absolutely baffling. For versus? Whatever. That's still dumb, but at least won't affect capabilities as much. I'm kind of surprised that they at least addressed this pre-launch, even though there's no telling how far in the future that "future update" will be.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post

BG Level

If it ain't broke...

They took out the ability to open other people's levels in the editor. Nintendo, you suck.

Anyway, what are people planning for a controller for this? Joycons aren't a good option for me, and I have a Pro Controller, but from all that I've heard I wouldn't want to use that for a game like this. Getting an adapter and using a DS4 is something I'd heard mentioned a couple times. Any suggestions?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Without question the pro-con dpad. Nintendo invented the dpad, theirs has always been superior.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)

I scrolled through the search but didn't find a discussion thread for this game. Thought I would start one where people can post their courses and recommend courses/creators to follow/play.

I uploaded 2 courses I would like to share:

Frozen Snow Valley 27D-TFH-FHF

Mario and Air Zonk C6W-Q7Q-Y3G

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph