FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (NSW) - Remaster - September 20, 2019

Originally released for the Game Boy™ system more than 25 years ago, one of the most beloved games in the Legend of Zelda series returns. In this modern re-imagining, players once again return to the mysterious island of Koholint to guide Link on a perilous adventure.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm not going to hate on the graphics but Link looks like one of the fucking elves from the claymation Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer special.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The music remaster sounds terrible. Also not a fan of what they are trying to do with the graphics

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

"most beloved", ehhhhhhhhh I dunno about that one.

Also, from that clip, the movement speed seems significantly slower when compared to the GB version.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I hate the graphics but I sure as hell will pick this up anyway. I was at just the perfect magical age when this game came out for it to form an enormous impression on me. the trading game, the seashells, that damn eagle's tower, the musical frog dude, the crane game, the roc's feather (JUMPING? IN MY ZELDA?!)... so many memories, I could go on forever.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not entirely sure how I feel about the art style/graphics choice but don't want to say i hate them just yet or I just feel like I'm falling into some serious Wind Waker deja vu.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think it looks okay but kind odd they didn't just go with the link between worlds model since it's basically identical to link to the past and that's the same link as link's in awakening.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly I really like the wood puppet aesthetic they got going on.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think the visuals are pretty nice and clean. I did notice the movement speed was slow. I won't pay $60 for this, but would consider around $30.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm hoping they change the graphics A LOT for release. Structurally it looks clean, yes. But aesthetically I think it is a hot mess of nope. I really don't understand why they are not using LBW or Majoras Mask 3D level graphics.

Don't do Tal Tal Heights dirty with that meh soundtrack either. This was the Majoras Mask "dark horse" title before Majoras Mask, please don't phone this in with a C or D team.

UNLEASH THE MARIMBA, NINTENDO!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just feels like that hand-crafted aesthetic they're going for is spat on when you notice the environment is all built from tiles, and tiles that repeat ad nausea in some cases. They need some small flourishes between things like the trees or grass, or those roots, so it doesn't look so tiled/mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Also, from that clip, the movement speed seems significantly slower when compared to the GB version.
    It's the scaling and camera movement. He looks to be moving about the same speed I recall from GB, which was slightly slower than LTTP speeds.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I really don't understand why they are not using LBW or Majoras Mask 3D level graphics.
    Because different aesthetics blah blah it's a different game etc etc stagnation, repetition, overthrow the fascist government regime, we've heard it all before. Also they would have to remake the entire game to suit that style and personally, I like the top-down gameplay such as this, Link to the Past/Between worlds.

puppet look along with how the buildings and trees all move with the screen make it feel like a diorama and I think that's fun for what's not a massive entry in the series.

I like the look.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Damn it, now I have to get a switch when this comes out. Was my first owned Zelda (first played was LttP) and I remember being stuck for a year on L2 because I didn't know how to get the boss key lol (wasn't as bad as OOT being stuck in Forest temple for 5 yrs due to my intense arachnophobia XD).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Around 1:20, you cant tell me movement speed is similar. Look at the side by side walking left to right infront of the dungeon.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (NSW) - Remaster - 2019

I have faith they’ll put out a quality product.

Link’s Awakening was one of the first games I played a ton as a kid. When I went to the Zelda live symphony I started fucking tearing up at the Ballad of the Windfish lol.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone getting deja vu here of when the time they first announced wind waker? Graphics reaction wise.

Indeed lol. I find the graphics charming but I can at least understand why others may not. That said, when was the last time we got a *bad* Zelda game? Possibly Skyward Sword? Personally didn't play it but Nintendo has had a near flawless Switch record of "Is this good?" and Zelda's in general or usually something I enjoy, so I'm excited.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    The music remaster sounds terrible. Also not a fan of what they are trying to do with the graphics
    Sounds like it was made with only recorders being played by a 1st grade band put together for sunday pratice.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Jesus you guys are fucking terrible lol. You know this shit is gonna be amazing. Stop fronting.