FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Master of the Universe: Revelation - Sequel to the Original Cartoon

Developed by Powerhouse Animation (Castlevania), Kevin Smith will Serves as the Series' Showrunner
    Written by Kevin Smith, Eric Carrasco (Supergirl), Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen), Diya Mishra (Magic: The Gathering), and Marc Bernardin (Alphas)

The war for Eternia begins again! Superstar director Kevin Smith continues the original series’ story right where it left off in Masters of the Universe: Revelation, a new series telling the epic tale of what may be He-Man and Skeletor’s final battle.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's interesting to note that this is the first animated show without "He-Man" in the title. Also interesting that Teela is going to play a big part - which is great! I hope we see her becoming the future Sorceress in the series and see the snake armor make an appearance. It's not surprising that Mattel Television is producing Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Between the live action movie, the new comic series, classic toys and now this, Mattel are really making a big push to revitalize the He-Man brand. I hope she-ra is next.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I can't wait to have 10 minute scenes of the Masters of the Universe just sitting around talking about nothing.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

if this is half as good as the she-ra show on netflix Ill be pumped, I love that show so much

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    It's interesting to note that this is the first animated show without "He-Man" in the title. Also interesting that Teela is going to play a big part - which is great! I hope we see her becoming the future Sorceress in the series and see the snake armor make an appearance. It's not surprising that Mattel Television is producing Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Between the live action movie, the new comic series, classic toys and now this, Mattel are really making a big push to revitalize the He-Man brand. I hope she-ra is next.
    I never could get into the newest MOTU toon but I liked the style and the more serious plot concept a lot. I know a lot of fans were bummed it was cancelled. I hope that vibe is what we get with the new movie(s). Maybe I'll sit down and try it for real when this comes out. Also, some people would claim there is already a revitalization of She-Ra so I don't know how that would impact the interest in a She-Ra of this nature.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A lot of info from Kevin Smith interview
    Spoiler: show
    The way Kevin Smith describes it as "the next episode" and how it continues from where the original left off makes me very happy to hear. He even said they hope to get the original music or for it to sound as close as possible to the original music. Kevin says he just turned in the script for episode 1 and another writer with episode 2. So they're still writing out the season before Powerhouse Animation even touches it and I think Kevin said for every written minute in the script is a week to animate it or something crazy like that.Definitely a waaaaaays off(fall 2021 or 2022).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

https://deadline.com/2020/02/masters...es-1202860165/
    The cast includes Mark Hamill (Star Wars, Batman: The Animated Series) as Skeletor; Lena Headey (Game of Thrones, 300) as Evil-Lyn; Chris Wood (Supergirl, The Vampire Diaries) as Prince Adam/He-Man; Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cruel Intentions) as Teela; Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones, Clash of the Titans) as Man-At-Arms; Stephen Root (Office Space, Barry) as Cringer; Diedrich Bader (Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite) as King Randor/Trap Jaw; Griffin Newman (The Tick, Vinyl) as Orko; Tiffany Smith (Behind Enemy Lines, Supernatural) as Andra; Henry Rollins (Johnny Mnemonic, Lost Highway) as Tri-Klops; Alan Oppenheimer (original Skeletor, Westworld, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) as Moss Man; Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman, Justice League) as Sorceress; Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, Batman & Robin) as Queen Marlena; Justin Long (Galaxy Quest, Live Free or Die Hard) as Roboto; Jason Mewes (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) as Stinkor; Phil LaMarr (Mad TV, Justice League) as He-Ro; Tony Todd (Candyman, Star Trek: The Next Generation) as Scare Glow; Cree Summer (DC Super Hero Girls, Vampirina) as Priestess; Kevin Michael Richardson (The Batman, ThunderCats) as Beast Man; Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Crisis on Infinite Earths) as Mer-Man and Harley Quinn Smith (Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot) as Ileena.
    I don’t know about Kevin Smith casting his daughter and Jason Mewes but I hope they fit the characters.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    I don’t know about Kevin Smith casting his daughter and Jason Mewes but I hope they fit the characters.
    Jason is playing a skunk and Harley is playing a drug addict. I'm sure the casting is fine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mark Hamill is Skeletor. This is amazing. Nothing will touch the original VA fro me but hot damn if this won't be the next best thing. I'll give this a shot for sure!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I would hate how often Holding Out for a Hero is used in things, if it wasn't so god damn perfect in everything.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Such Saturday morning cartoon vibes from this. Looks awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

100% in. 40 years ago huh? Almost 40 years but man that makes me feel old.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looks great, but worries me how much He-Man we’ll get in first season. The plot is He-man’s disappearance and Teela being the next Sorceress of Castle Grayskull.

I’m guessing Skeletor wins and kills or imprisons the Sorceress.

This promo picture they released a while back, gives it away.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So back in college I read somewhere that the storyline for season 3 of MotU was along the lines of Teela taking up the role of the Scoreress. Somehow he man was framed for doing something bad and people started to not trust him. I guess the original sorceress was gone because teela didn't know Adam's secret. So he Man approaches teela for help clearing his name but she is distrustful. He is going turn back to prince Adam to prove himself to her but as he reaches for the power sword she assumes he's going to attack her. She causes the sword to vanish or leave somehow, leaving him stuck as he man. The rest of the season he man is hiding in exile trying to prove his innocence. I remember battle cat knowing the truth but forget how he is trying to help. Anyway it sounded awesome but maybe a little heavy for the cartoon back then. Maybe some of that made it unto this season

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I hope they work in that the canonical end of the Injustice story is that He-Man gains the power of Shazam and kills Superman.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Mark Hamill sounds fucking great as skeletor. I'm really impressed.

RAWR SKELETOR YOU MADE ME DO SOME COKE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Let's fucking goooooooooooooo!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text