Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1) - Turn-Based JRPG Combat - 2020

SEGA and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio are happy to announce that the latest entry in the RGG / Yakuza series, Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Japanese title - Ryu Ga Gotoku 7) is releasing in Japan on January 16, 2020, for the PlayStation®4, with a Western launch planned for 2020. Actors Shinichi Tsutsumi, Ken Yasuda, and Kiichi Nakai will be lending their appearances and voices to the game’s main cast members, with Kazuhiro Nakaya voicing the game’s main protagonist, Ichiban Kasuga.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon introduces a new main protagonist for the first time since the series’ inception over a decade ago — Ichiban Kasuga, a low-level yakuza member looking to prove his self-worth, and follows him and his motley crew of unlikely allies as they attempt to rise from rags to riches in this modern human drama.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is much more than just a new chapter in the Yakuza series. Much like the new English title itself, Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a complete reimagining of the franchise, a landmark to coincide with the series’ 15th anniversary. With the bulk of the game taking place in the large-scale, painstakingly-realized setting of Ijincho in Yokohama, players will explore an entirely new side of Japan never-before-seen in the series. Not only that, but Yakuza: Like a Dragon’s combat system has undergone a major overhaul, combining Yakuza’s established brawling action with a turn-based RPG battle system.
    https://likeadragon.sega.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

November 2020, English Dub, & PS5 Version Announced

Spoiler: show

Kicking off Comic Con @ Home, Sega of America launched pre-orders for Yakuza: Like a Dragon alongside the debut of the game’s new “Heroes of Tomorrow” Trailer, which showcases explosive, dynamic RPG gameplay of protagonist Ichiban Kasuga and his ragtag party. Ever want to see a group of middle-aged “heroes” battle massive construction vehicles, take down thugs with an uppercut from a facial wand, or summon a tempest of pigeons? Yakuza: Like a Dragon has you covered – it’s like no other RPG before it.

Also revealed in today’s announcement is the English voice cast of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which features, among many talented actors, esteemed TV and film actor George Takei. George Takei plays the role of Masumi Arakawa, a powerful patriarch whose dissolution of the Tojo Clan’s yakuza empire sets into motion the conflict at the heart of this complex, winding narrative. Yakuza: Like a Dragon will also feature full EFIGS subtitle support.

SEGA also announced today that Yakuza: Like a Dragon will launch on PlayStation 5 in the West, in addition to the previously announced Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Windows 10, PlayStation 4 and Steam releases. This offer comes in addition to the previously announced support for Xbox Series X Smart Delivery, ensuring players only have to buy the game once, and will be able to play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X when both the console and that version of the game are available. A PlayStation 5 upgrade path is also being planned for the Western release and will be announced at a later date.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be available in the West on Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, PlayStation 4, and Steam in November 2020 (Xbox Series X will release on day one of the console’s release date, and the PlayStation 5 version will release at a later date). The previously announced Day One Edition will now be called the Day Ichi (“one” in Japanese) Edition, and will be joined by the Hero and Legendary Hero editions, also available for pre-order on all platforms’ digital storefronts starting today.

Pre-Order Packages

Today also marks the unveiling of Yakuza: Like a Dragon’s various package offerings:

The Day Ichi Edition, available for $59.99 in digital format, includes the Legends Costume Set incorporating eight costumes representing fan-favourite figures from the Yakuza series, from Kazuma Kiryu to Daigo Dojima. A physical edition, called the Day Ichi SteelBook Edition, also includes the Legends Costume Set and comes in a stylish SteelBook® for your collection.

The Hero Edition (for $69.99, available in digital format) includes all features from the Day Ichi Edition, as well as the Job Set, which adds two new playable jobs – the guitar-shredding Devil Rocker and the naginata-wielding Matriarch, and the Management Mode Set, which contains a wide selection of additional employees for the expansive Management Mode minigame.

Lastly, the Legendary Hero Edition (for $89.99, available in digital format) includes all Hero Edition content as well as the full in-game Crafting Set, Karaoke Set, Ultimate Costume Set and Stat Boost Set.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon’s English Voiceover Cast is Revealed

As a veteran actor of TV and movies, George Takei has lent his talent and gravitas to such characters as Hikaru Sulu (Star Trek), Yamato-san, (The Terror) Kaito Nakamura (Heroes) and other iconic roles. Mr. Takei is taking on the role of Masumi Arakawa, a powerful patriarch whose dissolution of the Tojo Clan’s yakuza empire sets into motion the conflict at the heart of protagonist Ichiban Kasuga’s story. Ichiban joins forces with a colourful crew from different walks of life to uncover the truth behind his former patriarch’s capitulation to a rival yakuza organization, the Omi Alliance of Kansai.

The main cast includes the following talent:

• Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga, protagonist of the story returning from 18 years spent in prison

• George Takei as Masumi Arakawa, patriarch of the Arakawa Family

• Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi, an ex-cop on the search for truth

• Greg Chun as Yu Nanba, downtrodden former nurse making amends with the world

• Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda, a bar hostess on a mission

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait, have yakuza games always been turn based?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Wait, have yakuza games always been turn based?
    No

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Alright well cool that they are branching out and I am way more interested

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why would you post something so controversial, yet, so brave?

Soooo anyone else actually play this?

I’m only on chapter 5 and it’s incredible. One of the best turn based rpgs I’ve played.

I also grinded 50 million yen once I unlocked the management game and used that to craft the first form of he ultimate weapon plus like the second best armor available (can’t get the mats for the best yet) so now I can just coast along on the story.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm planning to get this once it goes on sale. But for now its all Cyberpunk

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I just picked up the Legendary Hero Edition for almost 30 bucks off on the Xbox TGA sale

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Don't have an xbox ;(

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Same sale on Steam. Idk about PSN tho

I bought it at retail then price matched for $35 at Best Buy. I suspect it will be 40 or less everywhere soon.

I have no prior experience with the yakuza series save for like a single 1 hour romp in yakuza 0. So far though this game is incredible. I also love how the plot has a lot to do with the shit poor and impoverished have to deal with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag