+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PC Site     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

PC Site

So I know I posted in the PC Build thread earlier this weekend. I'm also looking at pre-built PCs (as I likely wont have any clue what I'm doing). What are some reputable sites to browse? I know newegg is good, but are there any others to consider as very reputable sources?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Newegg got bought by a Chinese company and their reputation has been losing faith

anyway,

https://www.letsbld.com/ BLD by NZXT is good

Alternatively, check the standard pc builders - cyberpowerpc, iBuyPower, Puget systems, falcon, origin PC, etc.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

NZXT echo, they are basically top tier without breaking the bank. maingear is amazing if you can afford it but they are pricey.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've used https://www.ibuypower.com/ for 3 of my own machines, and 2 of my brothers over the years. Mainly because they're within driving distance from me and I am/was concerned about damage during shipping (so I just picked them up). Every one has been reliable

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cail, minor hijack of your thread after looking at Rulke's ibuypower link.

Anyone have good gaming laptop recommendations? Just looking for something that is durable and will last a while; do not need crazy high end specs. Will be mostly used for Path of Exile and other relatively low-req games. It's been ~10 years since I built my desktop (still going strong somehow), but I'd like to get a portable gaming option. Was looking at something like this, but really do not know laptop reputations; only laptops I've had are work ones (ThinkPads).

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/MSI-...-Gaming-Laptop

I bought a cyberpower pc through costco for 3k month ago lol

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Cail, minor hijack of your thread after looking at Rulke's ibuypower link.

Anyone have good gaming laptop recommendations? Just looking for something that is durable and will last a while; do not need crazy high end specs. Will be mostly used for Path of Exile and other relatively low-req games. It's been ~10 years since I built my desktop (still going strong somehow), but I'd like to get a portable gaming option. Was looking at something like this, but really do not know laptop reputations; only laptops I've had are work ones (ThinkPads).

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/MSI-...-Gaming-Laptop
    I suggested this to a friend recently, they've been having a very solid time with it.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-IPS-Type...dp/B07QQB6DC1/

Really really good specs for just over 1k

Unless you really want RTX cores, the laptop version of the 2060 is a waste of money compared to the 1660ti, the performance is almost identical for a (minimum) 100-150 dollar upcharge.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I bought a cyberpower pc through costco for 3k month ago lol
    I bought a Cyberpower branded one earlier this year as well (Tongfang GK5CN6Z), which can be a decent deal or not (Wal Mart sold the same chassis at slashed prices for a bit, hard to catch in stock though).

Lenovo does have a decent gaming laptop line with the Legion models if you like the brand, they just aren't often competitively priced. HP does deals fairly often (if not constantly) for Omen laptops on their site, which can be pretty solid, and have some of the best list of options if you want to configure things (like putting in a better LCD if you want). A 1660 (or older model with a 1060 like mine, etc) will be very solid on a 1080p panel, and that's something you can likely get for around $1k.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I suggested this to a friend recently, they've been having a very solid time with it.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-IPS-Type...dp/B07QQB6DC1/

Really really good specs for just over 1k

Unless you really want RTX cores, the laptop version of the 2060 is a waste of money compared to the 1660ti, the performance is almost identical for a (minimum) 100-150 dollar upcharge.
    Thanks Krandor. Ended up going with a very similar ASUS option, except with a larger SSD and a 17.3" screen.

If you absolutely must have it built for you, I recommend NZXT BLD.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hire Kalmaldo to do it for you.