FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Expansion

Sylvanas Windrunner has torn open the veil between Azeroth and the afterlife, jeopardizing the fragile balance between the realms of life and death. To ensure that the cosmic order is preserved, Azeroth’s champions must set out on a journey into the realms of the afterlife to deal with the consequences of Sylvanas’s actions.

World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands, the eighth expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, sends players to the ultimate undiscovered frontier—the Shadowlands, an infinite plane where the souls of the dead go to be reborn, serve, do battle, or endure endless torment. There, Azeroth’s heroes must forge bonds with the powerful beings who hold dominion over the Shadowlands—among them some of the most iconic figures in the Warcraft® universe—and acquire the unearthly powers they need to uncover the extent of Sylvanas’s designs.
    • EXPLORE THE REALM OF THE DEAD—For the first time in World of Warcraft, cross into the Shadowlands, a realm of infinite afterlives where wonders and horrors abound. Ride across the gleaming fields of Bastion, lose yourself among the gothic spires of Revendreth, confront the twisted visions of the Maw, and more.
    • PLEDGE YOURSELF TO A COVENANT AND SHAPE YOUR DESTINY—The Covenants who hold dominion over the zones introduced in Shadowlands are eager to recruit Azeroth’s champions. Each has unique story line and an array of powers they bestow upon those who pledge their cause. Choose between Bastion’s valiant Kyrian or Revendreth’s cunning Venthyr, fight for the mighty Necrolords of Maldraxxus, or seek renewal with the untamed Night Fae of Ardenweald.
    • TAKE ON THE BOUNDLESS CHALLENGE OF TORGHAST, TOWER OF THE DAMNED—The vilest souls in existence are damned to suffer eternal torment in this horrific, otherworldly prison. This everchanging, roguelike challenge is open to solo players and groups of up to five, and those who brave its trials will earn some of the afterlife’s worthiest rewards.
    • JOURNEY THROUGH A NEW LEVELING EXPERIENCE—Level up your next hero through a fully revamped 1–50 experience where every level is meaningful, then advance to the new level cap of 60 in the Shadowlands.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The reaction so far...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

level squish is much needed but ehhh no new classes or races and the only new features are covenants which seem like order hall / faction rep retreads and a tower of the damned mode which is in every other game on earth

also they really doubled down on Sylvanas as emo Garrosh huh

ehhhhh

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A lot of race options came about in BFA, so none in Shadowlands doesn't surprise me. Interested to see what eventually happens, and how much Classic influences Live, but no real desire to play the actual game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Based on WoW lore, that's not Arthas anymore, right? I thought after WotLK, the heroes killed Arthas and some dude took the crown to maintain control over the undead?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Um, sorry for bump. But there's absolutely no where else active that I can find to ask this.

I'm looking to maybe return, I found a work friend that plays and he has a bunch of friends that also play, so I feel a small urge to return.

One thing that is bothering me, I quit back at 90 (Mists?)
    I remember in one of the expansions after, I forget which, but every class and its talent tree can build their own relic/legendary? So I recall specifically Paladins can build that Ashbringer.
    Can that still be built? And is it easy now because it's probably 10-20 levels above cap? Or still an annoying grind.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Um, sorry for bump. But there's absolutely no where else active that I can find to ask this.

I'm looking to maybe return, I found a work friend that plays and he has a bunch of friends that also play, so I feel a small urge to return.

One thing that is bothering me, I quit back at 90 (Mists?)
    I remember in one of the expansions after, I forget which, but every class and its talent tree can build their own relic/legendary? So I recall specifically Paladins can build that Ashbringer.
    Can that still be built? And is it easy now because it's probably 10-20 levels above cap? Or still an annoying grind.
    That was two expansions ago in Legion. You can build up your sweet Ashbringer but once you start in what's-it-called uhh Battle for Azeroth, you'll throw it in the trash. Literally.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks! But wait! Of course I'm not building it to use, but for glamour, unless you now tell me that it cannot be used for glamour lul

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Thanks! But wait! Of course I'm not building it to use, but for glamour, unless you now tell me that it cannot be used for glamour lul
    I'm pretty sure you can't. Honestly, if you're looking to come back I would just wait till November when the new expansion comes out. The whole experience will be different with the giant ass level squish

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks, yeah the fact that I can't use that Ashbringer for glamour sort of turned me away hahahaha, as that was the first thing I wanted to do post level cap.

You can transmog Ashbringer as long as you are a ret pally. You don't actually even have to be using a sword, as long as you are a ret pally you can trasmog any weapon into it assuming you went through the leveling process and obtained it.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Thanks, yeah the fact that I can't use that Ashbringer for glamour sort of turned me away hahahaha, as that was the first thing I wanted to do post level cap.
    When you get to legion, if you're questing to level, the first quests will give you the ashbringer and you can forever transmog/glamour it as long as you're playing ret paladin spec. You will not throw it away.

There's 100% leveling bonuses going on right now so it's easy to skip but you don't have to wait till max level to do it. It's a quick chain.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Also when you hit legion do the Invasions they pretty much get you 4-6 levels that's why it's easy to skip the artifact quest lines.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rated for the Series X in Brazil

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'll just be taking both sides with a grain of salt. I remember when Blizz was adamant that Diablo 3 wouldn't come to consoles.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

B-but what about the shareholders?!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There is going to be a ton of pissed people if they don't start shitting out miracle patches soon.