FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ruined King: A League of Legends Story (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW) - 2021

Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is a story-driven, turn based role-playing game (RPG) being developed by Airship Syndicate and published by Riot Forge.

Set after the events of Burning Tides, players will take control of LoL champions and explore the bustling city of Bilgewater and the mysterious Shadow Isles in a game for the first time.

Featuring fan favorite champions, innovative turn-based combat, and beautiful art direction along with brand new surprises and plenty of poros, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story advances the stories of many champions in the LoL Universe and offers an exciting new way to experience the World of Runeterra.
    https://www.riotforgegames.com

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Early 2021
    Bringing the League of Legends IP to consoles for the first time, Ruined King will be available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One, Steam, and The Epic Games Store and soon thereafter on PlayStation 5 system and Xbox Series X|S with existing PlayStation 4 system and Xbox One owners having the ability to upgrade their version for free.

“Ruined King is a great way to expand the world of Runeterra for brand new players as well as our dedicated League of Legends (LoL) fans,” said Head of Riot Forge at Riot Games, Leanne Loombe.

“Ruined King will be the first single-player game to bring the LoL universe to both consoles and PC. We are excited to take this plunge into exploring stories and champions that players have enjoyed over the years, and can’t wait for our players to embark on this new adventure with us.”

Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is developed by Airship Syndicate (the creators of Battle Chasers: Nightwar and Darksiders Genesis, led by the legendary comic book artist Joe Madureira) and is the first game published by Riot Forge. This single-player and immersive turn-based RPG invites new players to the LoL universe as well as players entrenched in the lore to enjoy exploring its mysteries.

The story is set in two regions of Runeterra, Bilgewater, a port town that is home to sea monster hunters, dock gangs, and smugglers from across the known world; and the Shadow Isles, a land cursed with the deadly Black Mist which shrouds the island and corrupts those it comes in contact with. In order to defeat a common and mysterious enemy, players will form an unlikely party of beloved League of Legends champions – Miss Fortune, Illaoi, Braum, Yasuo, Ahri, and Pyke.

“We couldn’t resist the chance to work with Riot Forge to expand the epic world of Runeterra,” said Joe Madureira, CEO of Airship Syndicate.

“These are some of our own favorite champions, and we can’t wait for players to see how we brought the characters, creatures, and environments of Runeterra to life.”
    https://ruinedking.com/

I'm curious but I'm kinda lost on how there's no gameplay when it's supposed to come out next year? Also the latter part of the combination title seems super hamfisted. I know they gotta remind the planet that it's a League of Legend's game but there's gotta be a more elegant way to do it.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    I'm curious but I'm kinda lost on how there's no gameplay when it's supposed to come out next year?
    I was looking at their previous games, since it's a turn based RPG it matches Battle Chasers. I suspect we'll get a similar game:

The first screenshot is basically Garen lol

And here's a video of combat:

I can see their style and how it'll work for the Ruined King but I still can't help but think it'll be weird if we get a side turn based combat system akin to FF.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content