Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"The Cycle" - EGS - A game by YAGER Development. PvEvP game.

https://thecycle.game/

I really tried to see if we had a thread for this game and could not find one either through googling or the internal search. IDK how old it is so I didn't go back very far but yah, couldn't find it.

I discovered this game thanks to a Youtuber I follow, "Rag Tagg". Its an interesting title, its out now in "Early Access", Free to play. Video gives you a good idea of what to expect but here's a few things I can explain about the game having played it for several hours now and thoroughly enjoy it.

• First things first - F2P Game with a battle pass. No pay2win, entirely cosmetic, no Loot Boxes. Its an Epic Game Store exclusive right now I believe. Wanted to get this out of the way.
    • Combat is slower paced than most recent games. No insane movement speed or such, I relate it probably closer to Halo 1/2 in terms of movement speed except you can Sprint and glide.
    • PvE Contracts are the major focus, fulfilling contracts consists of some semi-randomly selected objectives (Collecting Ore, Holding X Item, Protecting Something, defending a station, claiming Gas rigs for x points/s, etc). There are PvP contracts however, being defeating other prospectors which offers a good amount of progress.
    • Every completed Task grants 1 Star, person who has the most stars and LIVES to extract wins.
    • There is Crafting. You gain materials by winning, killing enemies, completing contracts or just randomly placed around the map. You use these to craft new guns, suits, upgrades, kits, gadgets, gun upgrades, etc. Theres a lot to craft.
    • On the topic of "Suits". There are 3 options. A Sneaky one, a Tank one, and a Flying(Glider) one.
    • There are 3 Factions, you chose one at the beginning of each Game. Ranking up in these factions unlocks new crafting recipes for Guns and abilities.
    • You start every game with a secondary weapon, I.E a Pistol (There are 4 options atm). Primary weapons (Scouts, Snipers, GL, rockets, etc) Can be "Called in" for cash. You earn cash by killing enemies, fulfilling contracts, etc. There are different prices for different guns. 200$, 500$, 800$. You can also temporarily upgrade these guns(for that round only) after you call them in for extra cash.
    • Has 3 games modes. Singles, Doubles, and Squad(4 man). Rotating "Ranked" Versions of each. Singles you can form pacts with another player at the cost of your shields as balance. HP regens just like shields though so its not like you're crippled. Every game mode has 20 Players in it. So 20 singles, 10 doubles, 5 Squad (Squads are 4 man)

Overall I want to point out I've had a blast with this game. I'm looking forward to how they improve it in the future. For the suits I mentioned above, theres a Sneaky one, a Tanky one, and a Glider one. I don't know much about Sneaky boy, but Tank has higher HP/Shields, a Shoulder charge, and a High Jump. While the flyer one has a high vertical jet pack with low fuel, or a horizontal "hover" jet pack with high fuel. also has perks that greatly increase air time when aiming down sights, oh, and a buttslam from the air.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://thecycle.game/release-notes-release-10/

Decently big patch dropped a few days ago, rebalanced gunfights a bit. Multiple weapons had their RoF increased slightly, overall Min/Max weapon spread reduced for higher accuracy to make gun fights feel more like you're in control. Some balancing of Kits (Tank mostly). They also significantly changed Contract Scoring (Contracts are how you "Win", presuming you don't die before escaping). They also adjusted credits... stronger enemies now reward more than before, and Crates give money now too.

This patch also increased AI Difficulty and changes some behaviors.