• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

PS4 controller keeps getting installed on my PC as an audio device

I'm using DS4Windows, but every time I go to plug in, or re-plugin my controller windows automatically re-installs it as an audio device. I managed to fuck around with my settings and get a wired connection to work by deleting most of the devices, but the second I took my cable out the controller re-installs itself as an audio device, doesn't work in game anymore, and takes audio away from my headset (which is also Bluetooth). Google is not assisting me well, as the official Microsoft response I'm seeing says to just disable the device and take the bluetooth dongle out/in, but that just makes it re-install it.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You might want to uninstall all the ds4windows stuff.
    Sony released official Dualshock 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and DS4 drivers for pc.

You need to install PSNow to get the drivers to install.
    https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ex.../ps-now-on-pc/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I installed the PSNow, but nothing changes in regards to the controller. There's a notice in PS Now about a controller being disconnected, but when I unplug/plugin the dongle, it installs itself as an audio device, and doesn't work as a wireless controller at all.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gryffes; I might try that myself! Unofficial drivers are nice but official is better. I'll have to check it out.

[Edit] Slight test on XIV but so far great! I'll make sure it's configed in Steam as well just in case, but no more scptoolkit for me. And you just pointed something out for the software list.

[Edit again] Just for those that don't know, SCPtoolkit can be a bear to get rid of. Here's how to get rid of it; get rid of it before you install PSNow, of course!

Also I'll ask on their discord to see if there's a "you ratty rat of a piece of [CENSORED]! OFF my system!" guide for DS4forWindows. You might need to total kill it before it'll work right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I installed the PSNow, but nothing changes in regards to the controller. There's a notice in PS Now about a controller being disconnected, but when I unplug/plugin the dongle, it installs itself as an audio device, and doesn't work as a wireless controller at all.
    I'm not sure about the PS4 controller (my brother is borrowing my PS4 right now), but I can share my experience just now getting my DualShock 3 to work. The first time I installed PS Now, nothing happened. After poking around online a bit I found a reddit thread about someone uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. So I uninstalled it and then I ran the installer again as admin. This time the install prompted me to install the PS3 driver (there was no prompt the first time) and I said yes. And that was it, it's working now. I had to remap my buttons from what I had using the SCPtoolkit, but it seems to be working just fine. I don't know if there's supposed to be a prompt for the PS4 driver or if it should just work out of the box, but maybe try an uninstall and reinstall as admin to see if that helps.
    I also uninstalled SCPtoolkit before doing all of this, so maybe make sure DS4Windows is gone like Gryffes said, if you haven't already.