FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Flashback 2 (PC/Consoles) - Action Platformer - 2022

Paul Cuisset and Microids are delighted to announce the development of Flashback 2 has started on PC and consoles! Developed by a team under the supervision of Paul Cuisset, Flashback 2 will be an action platformer starring once again Conrad B. Hart.

Released almost 3 decades ago, Flashback was ahead of its time offering an innovative gameplay with breathtaking character animations. Unrivaled pioneer in 1992, the game also reached a legendary status thanks to its rich and engaging story.

Publishing a sequel to Flashback is a real honor for Stéphane Longeard, CEO of Microids: “We are super excited to offer the fans a sequel to this masterpiece of the French video game history. At Microids, we thrive for delivering projects highlighting the craft of talented individuals. Paul Cuisset is a French hall of famer known internationally. We are proud to work hand in hand with him and his team on this project.”.

“Developing a sequel to Flashback is an idea I’ve had for a very long time. I can’t wait for players to discover the new adventures of Conrad B. Hart, a character created almost 30 years ago. With Microids, we are really aiming to please the fans of the original title while being appealing to any players with a weak spot for futuristic games“ adds Paul Cuisset.
    https://www.microids.com/us/microids...production-us/

Reminder of the original;

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Flashback is one of my all time favorite games. Very happy to see it being supervised by the original designer as well. Another World, Heart of Darkness...loved all these french platformers a lot.

I hope Microids can pull this one off. I am still disappointed at them for screwing Syberia series after such a long wait with the 3rd game...above all the game was a technical failure. I am somewhat worried that if they go the 3D route on Flashback as well they may end up screwing it too.

For those interested original Flashback is usually on sale on Nintendo eshop for a dollar. Despite clumsy controls it was a marvel on its day, supports widescreen and quite fun/playable even today.