FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Guardians of the Galaxy (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW) - October 26, 2021

Fire up Star-Lord’s jet boots for a wild ride across the cosmos in this third-person action-adventure game, a fresh take on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. With the unpredictable Guardians at your side, blast your way from one explosive situation to another, with original and iconic Marvel characters caught in a struggle for the fate of the universe. You got this. Probably.
    https://guardiansofthegalaxy.square-...mes.com/en-us/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wonder if Avengers did better than assumed for this to get greenlit. Still haven't played Avengers, but everything I read/saw said the story was pretty much top notch. Hopefully the live service elements stay outta here and they stick to the strong points.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/...-of-the-galaxy

We’ve just announced our new game Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy! Wow, it feels so great so write this. Even if technically, as I’m writing, it’ll be a couple days before it’s actually announced, hahah!

I’m Jean-Francois Dugas, Senior Creative Director at Eidos-Montréal. Buckle up, we’re taking you for a wild ride on October 26, in an original Guardians of the Galaxy universe.

When we set out to create a Guardians game, we asked ourselves: how can we deliver the best Guardians adventure possible? We quickly knew we wanted to make a single-player, story-driven, third-person action-adventure game (that’s a mouthful). And it became clear to us that the best way to deliver on a Guardians experience was to put the player inside the group.

It felt like a natural fit to put players in the boots of Star-Lord. He’s always at the heart of the group and in the center of the action, getting to interact with characters that have such strong personalities and calling the shots for them in and out of combat… Or at least trying to!

In our universe, Star-Lord started the Guardians to sell their services as heroes-for-hire, and convinced Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot to join him along the way. The promise of adventure and profit was exactly what they were looking for. They even have a business card to prove it!!

At the beginning of our game, they trigger a chain reaction of catastrophic events, which will eventually put the fate of the universe at stake. Obviously, preventing intergalactic annihilation was never part of the plan. But they (and you) got this. Probably.

Working closely with the team at Marvel Games, we took a deep dive into 50 years of Guardians of the Galaxy history - from comics to movies, animated series and more - in order to create a fresh and unique take on this band of misfits. This also gave us the opportunity to pick and choose cosmic Marvel characters that were the best fit for the story we wanted to tell. There’s gonna be some familiar names, some you probably don’t know, as well as some surprises… We can’t wait for you to meet them.

So, what does this all mean in terms of gameplay?

Equipped with Star-Lord’s jet boots and Element Blasters, as well as the unique abilities of each Guardian, you will be facing a variety of enemies across the galaxy. You are the (so-called) leader of this group of outlaws, and the decisions you make throughout the story will have repercussions: some light-hearted, some more unexpected, and can affect how certain sequences play out.

With Rocket, Groot, Gamora and Drax always around you, you can expect a lot of laughs and touching moments - our writing team had tons of fun. But in true Guardians spirit, we also wanted to capture what it’s like for a ragtag group of misfits to become family. Making those personalities collide, fight and come together… there’s going to be some real drama as well.

But even when the odds are stacked against them, the Guardians never back down.

Oh, and I have to mention our killer soundtrack. Whether you're hanging with the gang in the Milano or fighting opponents, you’ll get opportunities to (re)discover some 1980's classics - which are some of Star-Lord’s favorites.

We got Iron Maiden, KISS, New Kids On The Block, Rick Astley and more. But it doesn’t stop there and we’ll have more to say about the music in our game soon!

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It has Cosmo the Spacedog in it, already GOTY material

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I want to play as groot and just dance and yell I AM GROOT all game long

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I want to play as groot and just dance and yell I AM GROOT all game long
    No, only Troy Baker.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I wonder if Avengers did better than assumed for this to get greenlit. Still haven't played Avengers, but everything I read/saw said the story was pretty much top notch. Hopefully the live service elements stay outta here and they stick to the strong points.
    For this to come out later this year, its been in development for way longer then Avengers release.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

woops double. had some lag posting.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    For this to come out later this year, its been in development for way longer then Avengers release.
    For sure, but development time doesn't always matter for canning a release.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Reviews are out and its good? MC: 81 / OC: 82

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Amazingly, that is not Troy Baker as Star Lord. Instead it's Jon McLaren.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2374363/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Star Lord voice is too off putting for me despite how good people say it actually is.

Game is legit good

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some reviews are saying it's bit buggy but I played for like an hour on my lunch break after seeing the overall positive reviews and it seems solid enough.

Probably more what we thought we were getting from the Avengers game with a tight single player narrative and nothing else

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Playing a bit more I am enjoying that this is very heavily rooted in the older Cosmic Marvel era.

Lots of references to Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest and the like, even if it's distinctly within its own continuity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast