+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy IX Animated Series

Cyber Group Studios, the leading international producer/distributor of animated series and creator of entertainment brands for children and families announced today that it has entered into an exclusive option agreement with Square Enix Co., Ltd. for an adaptation of the timeless classic, FINAL FANTASY® IX into an animation series for the first time.

Based on a fan favorite, FINAL FANTASY® IX, will be an adventure animation series primarily aimed at 8-13-year-old kids and family audiences with respect to co-viewing. It will also target and please game players, as the adaptation will maintain the world of the game thanks to the supervision of Square Enix, while incorporating some additional major production and entertainment value.
    https://en.prnasia.com/releases/apac...e-323064.shtml

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Preliminary excerpts on discord of the prediction the show will go in:

[23:18] The Stig: sounds like we'll get something where zidane flirts with garnet
    steiner stops him
    at the end of the sketch, we get a steiner sez segment lol
    [00:00] Kaisha: This is a modern animation though, so Garnet is a strong independent princess who knows kung fu. And to cater to the adults watching with their kids, Zidane would regularly go "Well excuuuuse me princess".
    [00:00] The Stig: what about quina lol
    [00:01] Kaisha: The token non-binary to appease that crowd.
    [00:02] randomcat112233: figures, the token non-binary is also non-human and doesn't speak at all
    [00:02] The Stig: Eiko will be that annoying energetic kid then. Vivi the shy one. Steiner the brute/jock
    [00:02] The Stig: Amaranth the silent wanna be cool type
    [00:02] The Stig: fuck it fits all the archetypes
    [00:02] Kaisha: Would Eiko be the mascot-bait? The chirpy one stuck in scenes she doesn't belong just so she has show presence?
    [00:03] The Stig: depends on the plot i guess haha. would it be from during game or post-game XD
    [00:03] randomcat112233: it will likely be game-parallel tbh
    [00:04] Kaisha: Stretch the general ideas of the game plot out, and you got your FF: The Last Airbender setup.
    This little chat spawned from the fact that Cantih showed us the shows the studio has made so far over at https://www.cybergroupstudios.com/productions/ which are mainly shows aimed at children.

edit: I think I missed 2 people there, but Freya I guess would be the cool girl, and Beatrix will be the super cool but rarely seen girl, or maybe the cool big sister of Garnet, who also happens to fall for Steiner lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Also looking forward to them explaining Quina Quen.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    This little chat spawned from the fact that Cantih showed us the shows the studio has made so far over at https://www.cybergroupstudios.com/productions/ which are mainly shows aimed at children.
    Wish I hadn't clicked that link...

Also, what is wrong with the eyes of Raju the Rickshaw??

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Looks like I picked the right time to do my first playthrough of this game.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Hopefully it's not a retelling of the game cuz from what I remember there was a lot of murder, existential crisis, kidnapping, torture etc. As goofy as IX looks a lot of shit goes down in it lol

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

FYI Cyber Group Studios is based in Paris. They've had a partnership with SE for several years, who distributes the Studio's animated shows worldwide.
    Their big IP is something called "Mini Ninjas", which looks to be for a young target demo. Here's the season 2 trailer:

The quality of the animation looks well produced. I sure get those flash Wakfu vibes. I bet it will capture the colorful, big-hands FF9 aesthetic well. I can see why SE trusted handing them the reigns to the property. They're trying to get the "under 13" demographic with this project, so hopefully they're kind to the plot / universe, and don't go all apocryphal and ruin canon to skew younger.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    Their big IP is something called "Mini Ninjas", which looks to be for a young target demo. Here's the season 2 trailer:
    That's weird. I thought IO Interactive retained the IP rights to Mini Ninjas.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    ++

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Yeah, Disc ONE of the game is Alexandria wiping out every other major city on the continent and then in Disc Two it also gets blown up. And beyond the explosions there's also a lot of the Black Mages going around murdering people in the streets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aang confronts the genocide of his entire people in like ep2 of Avatar. Shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe had apocalypse/cataclysms at the center of their lore. Wakfu's world always seems on the brink of existence. We've seen heavy themes like these handled well for this demo, by Western showrunners, countless times. Give it a shot. Don't forget 90s FF targeted young teens, too. We ate this shit up.

@6souls ur right, didn't know it was a game first.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

WAT

One of my favorite purchases. It was a good stealth platformer for it's time.

Aang confronts the genocide of his entire people in like ep2 of Avatar. Shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe had apocalypse/cataclysms at the center of their lore. Wakfu's world always seems on the brink of existence. We've seen heavy themes like these handled well for this demo, by Western showrunners, countless times. Give it a shot. Don't forget 90s FF targeted young teens, too. We ate this shit up.

Ok sure but how many times did Aang have to deal with Zuko after he's killed a city full of people? Like countries get destroyed while you're doing shit in this game and you don't stop any of it lol.

There's a difference between dealing with genocide hundreds of years ago vs right fucking now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

By book 4 of Korra, Zelda Williams is literally Hitler, consolidating the Earth Kingdom states, and developing the bomb. She attacks Republic City with a nuclear powered giant robot.

So? She doesn't actually hurt that many people and mostly takes prisoners. If she actually destroyed Republic City and 90% of it's people (along with all the other nations) we could be talking about western audiences handling it, but even as a kid I knew what I was seeing was fucked up when Atomos just sucks an entire city.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whatever, go see a star war.

If they defang the warring powers, and curtail the eidolon and black mage devastation, it reduces the motive and arc of basically every strong character, especially Freya, Vivi, Zidane, Kuja, Dagger, Brahne, and Beatrix. If they stick to the script, and choose not to portray the massacres to avoid cold calls from Karen, fine, but I hope they at least retain the implied impact of certain scenes so guilty parties remain just as guilty, and character motivations just a strong.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alternatively, it ends up being a 13 episode series about Tetra Master.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server