• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

2022 NFL Division Playoff Weekend: A Nice Leisurely Stroll Down the Middle of the Field

went 4-2 ATS last week because gambling on nfc east teams was apparently not the correct strategy. i deserve this

anywho,

Bengals (+3.5) vs Titans: the titans are getting healthy with Henry coming back and gave guys like julio and brown a little extra rest with the bye, plus they are the one seed playing at home, so things look good for them.

the titans also lost to the jets

the titans D is still not very good, and i think burrow and the bengals offense is gonna score in this game. the titans will too, but i think they have so many pieces that may be out of sync from injury/rest where they will make the extra mistake(s) that keep this game close. #1 seeds lose around 25% of the time in their first game the last few seasons, and im pulling the trigger here. Bengals +3.5, and I think they win outright.

Packers (-5.5) vs 49ers: the other #1 seed I feel better about because of their qb being in full fuck everyone mode, the extra rest, lambeau being more of a homefield advantage, them also getting healthy (i do wonder how their guys coming back will play also though), and jimmy g being a little gimpy. if the 49ers are going to win this game it’s going to be by mauling the packers with the run like they’ve done in previous playoffs (with deebo making plays too). But I won’t be going against the packers in lambeau in their first playoff game at least. I’ll have the packers winning and covering (I do like the under here though)

Rams (+3) vs Bucs: stop what you’re doing and take a look at the offenses the rams have played this year, especially late. ill wait.

k so they’ve played probably 3 good offenses all year. the cowboys in week one, the rams in week 3 (they scored 34 in a win), and the bills towards the end of the year. they played a gimpy saints team twice, the panthers twice, the falcons twice, and the nfc east. they also played the rest of the afc east (jets pats dolphins). im not saying their defense is bad, but i don’t think they’re near as good as people make them out to be; they almost lost to said jets team late in the year. yeah yeah never count out touchdown tom, but fuck it, I think stafford cupp and obj get it done here. Rams +3 and win outright. i am worried about Donald/Miller et all getting flagged for touching tom inappropriately

Chiefs (-1.5) vs Bills: i had a whole writeup here about how if both teams play their “A game” on both sides of the ball i like the bills. then i deleted it because i am dumb. my assumption is the bills will not play their best possible game on the road, that andy and mahomes will get just enough done to win, and we’ll see a couple random plays of mahomes scrambling for his life then making bullshit throws down the middle of the field to kelce/hill. my heart says the bills but my heart is old and dead. Chiefs win and cover

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

how do i feel about this

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    how do i feel about this
    I feel like it means fuck all until we have a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

maybe the panthers will trade for danny dimes

or geno smith

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    I feel like it means fuck all until we have a QB.

Supposedly he was a decent OC? but he was terrible as an HC....so i really dont know....idk how he was as an OC/playcaller honestly

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    maybe the panthers will trade for danny dimes

or geno smith
    Book it

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'd like to nominate this thread for Title of the Year.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I'd like to nominate this thread for Title of the Year.
    hahaha

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

did i spell something wrong or something

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    did i spell something wrong or something
    I don’t see something wrong or something in the title so not likely

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd assume Xno is just a fan of anything that shits on the Cowboys, as everyone should be

BG Level

Supposedly he was a decent OC? but he was terrible as an HC....so i really dont know....idk how he was as an OC/playcaller honestly
    Eli arguably had the best year of his career statistically with McAdoo as the OC. Interpret that however you want.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

he honestly wasn't a bad hc. he got them to the playoffs in his first year when the teams were mediocre before him for 4 years straight

giants fans just hate him because he benched eli when eli was playing like shit and nobody wanted to hear the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I'd assume Xno is just a fan of anything that shits on the Cowboys, as everyone should be
    mcadoo didn't even have a real job for the boys. he was literally just a consultant

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Rams @ Bucs: I actually like the Rams here. My underdog pick of the weekend. I feel like they have a lot of momentum on both offense and defense right now. My worst 3 betting losses of the season were all on the Bucs too, so fuck em.

Bills @ Chiefs: The Chiefs are not losing until next season.

49ers @ Packers: Might be close at half, but the Pack is going to have a comfortable win by the end. Probably a big day running the ball.

Bengals @ Titans: I am going Bengals simply because I'm going to the game and have some shit luck with my team while attending playoff games. Important factors:

1. The Titans probably have the best front 4 in the NFL. They rush the 2nd least in the league while still generating pressure/sacks. Tennessee is 2nd best against the run, edged out by the Ravens by only 2 total yards.

2. Burrows QBR falls by 36.4 when not being rushed by more than 4.

3. Bengals got banged up last weekend on defense. They lost their best run stopper to IR, but will get a few of the injured guys back from concusion and ankles. Are they 100% or going to be playing at 80%?

4. Bengals on a short week vs Titans off a needed bye. Vrabel is 8-0 as a coach with extra time going into a game (minus Week 1s)

So, can TN continue to get pressure in this game without bringing extra guys? If so, edge goes to TN. If I was not a Titans fan, I would be taking TN moneyline all day. I think Mert is wrong about why TN will lose. If they lose, it will because the offense has a terrible opening possession and fails to pick up any yards on first downs throughout the game - our offensive coordinator is trash. He needs to come out aggressive on 1st downs with bootlegs, play-action, utilize TEs etc.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    mcadoo didn't even have a real job for the boys. he was literally just a consultant
    That was a reference to his statement about the thread title, not Macadiddle

BG Level

ah

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Why am I reading shit about the Seahawks trading Metcalf? Last year of rookie deal.... they wouldn't really do that, would they? They have almost as much cap space as the Jets do.

BG Level

i see no reason why the seahawks would want to move on from metcalf on a rookie deal. sounds like bullcrap

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    he honestly wasn't a bad hc. he got them to the playoffs in his first year when they were mediocre before him.

giants fans just hate him because he benched eli when eli was playing like shit
    Giants made the playoffs in 2016 in spite of McAdoo. The $200 million dollar defense Reese spent in the offseason dragged them there. The offense, McAdoo's specialty as an OC, was absolutely putrid. When those defensive players who all had career years came crashing back down to Earth the whole thing became a colossal clusterfuck.

McAdoo completely lost the locker room to the point players like DRC and JPP were openly mocking him during games. Every other week felt like there was a player being suspended for behind the scenes issues. And this was way before the benching controversy.

The handling of Eli being benched was the straw that broke the camel's back. Along with Mcadipshit's excuse of wanting to "evaluate" the QB position. Were people mad Eli was benched? Absolutely. But most felt "hey let's at least check out what our rookie QB, Davis Webb, can do since we just spent a third round pick on him." Not Geno fucking Smith. You can go back to the old threads and check me on that.

Ben McAdoo was a horrible HC. Plain and simple.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    That was a reference to his statement about the thread title, not Macadiddle

Rhyis came into the thread immediately with a defensive posture lmao.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast