1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And update error has occurred. (Error 20524)

Trying to install the newest patch. Gets to 66.9% installing after verifying the patch file and gives me this error. Deleted patch file, re-downloaded, same error.

Any clues?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

was going to link you to the first page that i found solving this problem from a google search, but it was a gil selling website... Anyhow this is a problem from a corrupted ffxivgame.exe, this usually results from you applying the mouse fix someone released a while back. just get someone to give you a backup of the exe and it should go away

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I didn't install the mouse fix though

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fixed it rofl. Went to C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV and changed the date in the game.ver file.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Full Reinstall w/ error

I just reinstalled the game i have all the patches inserted to the patch folder, the dl screen goes through them all really quickly, then the xiv updater screen pops up and goes to the very end and at the very end i always get the Error 20524 can someone help me please

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
    I just reinstalled the game i have all the patches inserted to the patch folder, the dl screen goes through them all really quickly, then the xiv updater screen pops up and goes to the very end and at the very end i always get the Error 20524 can someone help me please
    Delete your FFXIV Folder in MY GAMES. I had the same issue when I swiched my FFXIV floder to my SSD. Oh I forgot to say dont delete your patch folder take it out and you macro's ect.