>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That said, the Abyssean hordes will not be routed so easily. Especially in the event that martello cores have attracted the attention of scores of foes, we urge that players expend all effort to perform resistance operations in advance to gain every possible advantage in the forthcoming battle!
    See, this is nice and all... but you can still only do one Resistance Op per day.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    See, this is nice and all... but you can still only do one Resistance Op per day.
    If you could just repeat Ops by zoning in/out, there would be no reason to really do Bastion.

i'd like to know when we can store all these damn seals at the NPC w/o having to start the trial and hold a borderline useless trial item which soaks up the slot instead while we sit continually at 7/8 because the damn NPC keeps stiffing me.

on topic though, this goes with my observation in another news thread. the new administration seems to still be woefully out of touch, but by goodness they're trying. the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, and i think they passed that stage. here's hoping they pick the ball up and run with it rather than just thumbing their noses at the users like the old guard did.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    >_> c'mon... not one comment about the shitty fucking WoE system? god damn.
    Would like to take this moment to RAGE about coins in WoE. Been low manning regularly with friends, and it seems as if the game knows which coins we don't want and gives us those in our personal chests. I'd love to know if they plan to make coins or pouches tradeable or obtainable by other means, 'cos this is very frustrating indeed.

/QQ over.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    i'd like to know when we can store all these damn seals at the NPC w/o having to start the trial and hold a borderline useless trial item which soaks up the slot instead while we sit continually at 7/8 because the damn NPC keeps stiffing me.

on topic though, this goes with my observation in another news thread. the new administration seems to still be woefully out of touch, but by goodness they're trying. the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, and i think they passed that stage. here's hoping they pick the ball up and run with it rather than just thumbing their noses at the users like the old guard did.
    Feels like bitching for the sake of bitching to me. Not only can you already store seals for trials you are currently on IN the box, but they also stack. You should just focus on one slot before going to another. That's how I finished SMN and SCH at the same time.

Stop complaining about minor things when there are so many more important issues that could be fixed.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnux View Post
    Feels like bitching for the sake of bitching to me. Not only can you already store seals for trials you are currently on IN the box, but they also stack. You should just focus on one slot before going to another. That's how I finished SMN and SCH at the same time.

Stop complaining about minor things when there are so many more important issues that could be fixed.
    Seal thing wouldn't be a problem if you could do like 10 trials at once. But with only 5 trials at a time, the seal thing is a huuuuge pain in the ass no matter how you slice it.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Seal thing wouldn't be a problem if you could do like 10 trials at once. But with only 5 trials at a time, the seal thing is a huuuuge pain in the ass no matter how you slice it.
    Yea i agree with the huge pain in the ass , i have 15 slots taken up with seals, i have 11 spaces taken up with base feet shit is fucking retarded between events and random quests and base feet my inventory is taken a huge hit.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    We realize, however, that due to the sheer number of players competing for the upgrade items, they are currently more difficult to obtain than we anticipated.

So I reached the point where I considered ffxi'ing again, and read this, and said to myself, "don't be fucking stupid, Tag." I mean... they create a new standard for best gear, and actually try to claim that they didn't expect everybody to want it all at the same time, as justification for shitty drop rates? What a load of horseshit. Maybe I"ll check back again in a couple of years to see if they start designing the game to be fun instead of just a time sink.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    If you could just repeat Ops by zoning in/out, there would be no reason to really do Bastion.
    Or they could arrange the system so that you could perform each one of the Ops every Vana'diel day.

Voila, Bastion is still intact and is in fact improved, while players who want absolutely nothing to do with the system can buy a piece of Empyrean legs in a couple of hours rather than more than ten.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Really annoyed about no questions relating to WoE. The game also needs some kind of inventory upgrade soon because this is just getting ridiculous for anyone with many jobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Reaaaaally wish WoE would have been addressed, as many of us here do, but I guess BG's more endgame-centric than zam so not suprised it wasn't asked. Still, i like this new dev team. The old team would've answered with "lol dunno". Nice to get actual answers, however infrequent the opportunity arises.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xeydias Stahlzahn
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Given how popular Walk of Echoes cause of the TotM line, we would have liked to ask a few about WoE, but we didn't have the opportunity to during this particular Q & A. Maybe in a future Q & A one of us (a premier site) can ask a few regarding WoE.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

that would be nice. I realized what i said above may come off as harsh, but it wasn't intended. Just different audiences for the most part.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    While I think those questions are pretty good. Another good question would be: the new empyrean WSs are extremely overpowering, making even the WoE version better than some of its relic counter part. Was that by design? and will empyrean WS eventually be accessible to all players? The idea of magian weapons are that players are able to select the path they want that fit their playing style, but now it seems like it is either empyrean WS or bust, how do you balance that aspect of the game out?
    I agree that it may be simply a plea to draw attention to WoE, but I also think that we will be receiving new physical weaponskills very soon.

Looking at the huge gap between these WSs and the ones we have now (on the whole) makes me feel that looking at them with our current weaponskills is like we would've seen Guillotine/Raging Rush etc when we had the crappy ones before that. I think they'll introduce new weaponskills which will be weaker than the Empyreans but stronger than our current ones on the whole, but this is pure speculation.

Also, DRK's will be shit. Calling it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Also, DRK's will be shit. Calling it.
    Of course it will. they keep trying to push the casting bullshit on us. don't know why they can't get over it and make us a DD on par with at least WAR. Nether void, infernal scythe/herculean slash both being MAB based, shit's getting old.

at least there's SOME practical benefit to it when you cast drain on a mob and get 2 (i think...) tp. why do sch and blm get occult acumen? are they seriously trying to suggest that i should not only stick to a single weapon for all spells but also run foolishly toward a mob and expose myself to no end of nasty AoEs while shouting "I ATTAKZ IT NAO!" cackling madly as my staff tinks off the enemy's armor for 0-1 damage?

i sometimes wonder if before a patch, the devs take a dart board with every job on it and pick up a collection of 10 darts, 3 red, 2 blue, and 5 yellow and hurl them at the dart boards. any job that gets hit with a red gets a buff, blue gets a nerf, and yellow gets a joke ability that serves no use except to consume an extra line in the update notes (would anyone like to say libra?)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hate WoE. You shouldn't get points for getting hit. You should lose points for getting hit. I don't fucking understand SE.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I hate WoE. You shouldn't get points for getting hit. You should lose points for getting hit. I don't fucking understand SE.
    No individual point system is ever going to works when everyone's roles is completely different. The guy kitting outside the party is as useful as the tank, the healer and the dd. Hell, even the guys that bite the dust midfight might have done more for than someone else.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    1) Bastion is a new battle system that allows for players to gain large amounts of experience points, cruor, and resistance credits, used to purchase the normal quality Empyrean leg armor, in relatively short periods of time. Currently, it is very difficult to make any progress in Bastion if there are very few other players there, as the resistance fighter npcs offer very little support. This leads to battles lasting only a few seconds after they start and very little experience gained. What plans are there, if any, to adjust Bastion to allow for it to be more low-man friendly?

We are aware that at certain times of day players may find themselves severely outnumbered in Bastion battles. To give small groups a fighting chance, we intend to give NPC Resistance fighters a boost in power, as well as to make clone wards more resistant to damage.

That said, the Abyssean hordes will not be routed so easily. Especially in the event that martello cores have attracted the attention of scores of foes, we urge that players expend all effort to perform resistance operations in advance to gain every possible advantage in the forthcoming battle!
    I think they need to sit in on a typical bastion battle, which goes something like:

NPC fighters engage mob, NPC mages' first -ga III lands within 5 seconds, mob is pulled on top of the martello, first AOE ends the battle. They need to design the battles so stupid AI can't end them as soon as the mobs show up, not just buff up the NPCs.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If people bothered to do Resistance Ops the Martello might have enough HP to survive said AoEs. Relying on that isn't necessarily a sound idea, but it's probably what SE had in mind.