Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 8: It's good to be home on Halloween. Why?

Because every single home team is favored this week. However, there are no huge spreads. Largest spread of the week is a slim 8 points.

SUN, OCT 31

Washington at Detroit (-2.5) Detroit is a favorite at with one win against a pretty damn good Redskins defense. Haynesworth may actually pan out pretty damn well. Detroit has played up to good opponents, but sadly, played down to bad opponents this season. They've been on the losing end more times than not. We'll see the return of Stafford, but seeing as it's his first game back, I don't know how much faith I have in Detroit. Washington wins.

Jacksonville at Dallas (-6.5) - True talk...Who's the better starting QB in this game? All that really needs to be said about this game is nothing. Look at the television coverage map for Dallas this week compared to just about any other week. The might hath fallen, yet they'll still win right? If not, I think Jerrah is going to regret saying that "he'll never fire a coach mid-season".

Miami at Cincinnati (-2) - Cinci has a terrible running defense and absolutely no pass rush whatsoever. Not that it really matters, because Miami rarely allow sacks, and have a great offensive line. If Ricky and Ronnie get going, it could be a very long day for Cinci, as Henne is going to have all day and tomorrow to play-action pass, and patiently hit his WRs. Honestly, I don't see a lot of matchup advantages here for Cinci, although someone can kindly correct me. The road streak continues for Miami.

Buffalo at Kansas City (-8) - Largest spread of the week. Buffalo, coming off an emotional game against the Ravens, play another hot team. Fitzpatrick has been playing surprisingly well for Buffalo, and kept them competitive. The buffalo defense has given up almost 200 points, so even though the offense has put up 25+ in 3 of the last 4 games, they have no wins to show for it. This is my upset special, I like Buffalo to put up some points, and KC to not be able to turn it up on offense. Buffalo wins.

Carolina at St. Louis (-3) - Interesting stat for St. Louis...outside of the Detroit game, the Rams have yet to give up more than 20 points in a game. The defense is damn good, and other than a low completion percentage, Bradford is playing damn efficient football. This kid is going to be pretty damn good. Jackson had surgery on a broken finger this week, but he says he won't miss any time. God bless Steven Jackson, what a fucking mule. St. Louis wins.

Denver at San Francisco (-1) - While technically a home game for San Fran, this is actually the London game for this season. I don't know what to really expect out of either team in this situation. I know this much, San Francisco sucks, and since starting 6-0 last season, Denver is 4-13. Denver has allowed under 20 points in only one game this season. The defense just isn't all there. Sorry you got such a shitty matchup London. Eh, Denver wins.

Green Bay at NY Jets (-6) - Coming off a stolen game in Minnesota, which may have been the worst officiated game in the history of the NFL. The Jets are coming off a bye week, and I don't know if Green Bay is going to get up for this game. I'm sure Revis is going to be covering Jennings, so we'll see if he's really "100%". He's the only CB in the NFL giving up over 20 yards a reception. He's been terrible. Will he get up against a corner who stole his award last season? Jets win, cover.

Tennessee at San Diego (-3.5) - Hey, it's an AFC team for Tennessee to play. How good is Tennessee? They beat what we presume to be a good Eagles and Giants team, and got hammered by Denver at home. One thing we do know...San Diego isn't great. But, alas, it's week 8, which means it's about time for the Chargers to start playing. Chargers start their hot streak, and take down the Titans.

Tampa Bay at Arizona (-3) - It seems like great news...Max Hall may be playing. Bad news, so is Blount and Freeman. Freeman has been a pretty damn good QB, and seemingly flying under the radar. Tampa is sneaky good. The best in the NFC apparently. Well, I don't know about that, but they're pretty good. Good enough to beat a Max Hall lead Cardinals team? Hell no. Cards win.

Minnesota at New England (-6.5) Does Favre start against a weak NE secondary? Say Chilly have the cajones to bench Favre if he's capable of playing? Lot's of storylines. Does Jackson give that team the best chance to win? It's a very athletic Minnesota team, with a great RB and great WR corp. Great in the trenches. Yet still, they've been on the losing end of more games than not. I think NE is playing a little over their skis, and Minnesota is playing way under theirs. I like NE in this game, but Minnesota pulling out a win wouldn't be surprising in the least bit.

Seattle at Oakland (-2.5) - So, Oakland is the most talented team in the NFL right? Right? Well, they crossed the half-century mark against Denver. Well, jump on the Oakland bandwagon while it's hot. I'm sure there's plenty of room after everyone jumped off early in the season. I've been riding this Seahawk since day 1, and I'm going to use this bird to fly into the playoffs. Seattle wins.

Pittsburgh at New Orleans (-1) - How many picks has Brees thrown in the past 2 games? Something like 7 if I remember correctly. Not good football. He's not making great decisions. The defense isn't what it was last year, and the running game is halted. Chris Ivory can't replace the versatility of Reggie Bush. Will Reggie Play this week? He's started practicing, however, it doesn't look promising. Until NO can get their defense and running game back up to par, they may be in for a long season, and against Pitt, the running game isn't going anywhere. Pitt to win.

MON, NOV 1

Houston at Indianapolis (-5.5) - Finally, after centuries of continuous losing, the Texans beat the Colts. Sure, they spent an entire offseason to gameplan for the Colts...well, they don't get that liberty this time. Even banged up, Manning is capable of making a pro-bowler out of talent like Blair White and Jacob Tamme. Tamme, a nice sneaky waiver pickup before Sunday. My tip of the week. Manning inflicts the worse kind of revenge against the worst kind of pass defense. Indi with the win.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

STOP PICKING THE COWBOYS. YOU'VE BEEN WRONG 5 TIMES IN A ROW.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

At this point, does it even matter?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Now that I think about it, in my week 1 prediction, I predicted Romo to have his best season ever. Oh my god, I'm the anti cowboy clairvoyant.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes, fuck you.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I predicted Roy Williams doing well too, which is also very much detrimental to the cowboys cause. Fuck, there's really something to this.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Now that I think about it, in my week 1 prediction, I predicted Romo to have his best season ever. Oh my god, I'm the anti cowboy clairvoyant.
    Keep up the good work.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

And now that you said Jerry Might regret holding himself to not firing coaches mid-season... now Wade is the next coach until 2015.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Upset pick of the week: Miami over Cincinnati. Cincinnati is without the most unstoppable force in pro sports, Pacman. Chad Henne connects to Davone Bess 3 times in the end zone because Pacman was not there to be the most unstoppable force in pro sports. Tyche loses his fantasy game again and complains he'd be the most unstoppable force in fantasy if his fantasy team played defense. Nigga u still not even top scorer, so zip it.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I'd be top scorer if rex Ryan wasn't an idiot and started LT the first few games when it was apparent that Greene sucks.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, you still wouldn't be top scorer.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If I hadn't dropped Garrard the week he had 30something points in favor of 8 point hasselback... i'd be the blahblah. etc. ALSO GIMME QB HOMOS.

Demosthenes11

which league leroy, and whats your team name

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

holy shit olroy, ryan fitzpatrick and josh freeman are available, stop being such a faggot and grab one.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Should have baited him with kolb, beings he's now useless. Ditzy and Freeman are both good pickups though.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I dropped Kolb for Cassel.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I coulda sworn I saw Fitz on a team, meh. I'm just not sure I can win the league now without a QB getting me 30 odd points when each game is decided by 6-7 points each week.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

That is easily fixable by NOT DRAFTING ALL FUCKING COWBOYS

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh, I forgot that Tony romo goes out with a fractured clavicle every year.

Demosthenes11

it's no coincidence that you are a faggot cowboys fan and you draft faggot cowboys

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast