+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    tol

I love the epic ideas but I wonder if they can even pull off half of what they are proposing?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    I love the epic ideas but I wonder if they can even pull off half of what they are proposing?
    They may very well be taking on more than they can handle, it might also not work out in the end. However what impresses me the most is that they do at least deserve a lot of hype and are attempting to pull off great ideas. In the past 10 years I have seen very little deserving of any hype, an idea here or there but nothing to write home about.

No matter how AA turns out, imo it is the very first game to deserve some hype, most other games have had me running for the exit with pitiful game development. I am also skeptical of the end result of this game, but I hope for the best, we need a developer like this. If they can turn a decent profit it migth hold well for future developement both in AA and other games.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

XL Games has released some new animations on the "Yata". The "Yata" is the mode of transport to get around the world. It's exactly like Chocobo's from FFXI.

In Korea they are already calling them "Jar-Jar's" as they kinda look similar to Jar Jar Binks...lol

Other modes of transport are Air Ships, between cities, just like in FFXI. Carriages if you want to ride in style with your wife and kids.

Also in the cities themselves, they have monorails to move from one part of the city to another.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New Video on combat animations, and shows what skills you can combine to make devastating attacks.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In case anybody is interested, CBT3 just started not too long ago, and there are some live streams. Here's the one I've got up atm. ~

http://www.justin.tv/fallanx?utm_cam...#/w/1246545840

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here is the character creation video of a Ferre (cat girl)

Here are some game play videos of a Ferre(cat girl), starting out in the world of Arche Age.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Too little videos. Update faster!

This and TERA and like my 2 fuck buddies. I can't get enough of playing TERA and I can't get enough of watching this. 2012 is gonna be be a helluva year for my poor video card. I think I'm gonna end up purchasing an account here as well for the time being.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Too little videos. Update faster!

This and TERA and like my 2 fuck buddies. I can't get enough of playing TERA and I can't get enough of watching this. 2012 is gonna be be a helluva year for my poor video card. I think I'm gonna end up purchasing an account here as well for the time being.
    lol ok here is more videos

Here is one traveling and fighting at sunset, in the volcano region.

Here is one climbing up a tree

Here is a video of a airship, that you can use to transport from city to city

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Wooooah, did someone say cat girls? Omw!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I will stand by my word and continue to say the success for a game like this in the western market will more than likely be minimal.

That being said, I'm sure if they do manage to pull it all off, it will have its loyal fan base, which will hopefully prove sufficient enough to expand and allow the game to grow in time, a la FFXI.

If the game does nothing but progress, and polish itself, I'll be all over this one. :3

E: Thx again for the vids.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well, AoC just announced that they're going F2P so we'll see what happens with a title like this.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

CryENGINE 2 is a bit steep for my rig but the thing that lost the game for me was the razing of homes / total looting on PvP death especially if it's worldwide PvP. Everything else looks completely insane and amazing though.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty sure, from what I understand, there are going to be different servers, and some will require flagging (at least on the two npc continents), they won't all be FFA PvP. And for some reason I want to say I got pointed to an interview the other day that said there won't be full looting from PvP, either (people were arguing over it in the live stream of CBT3 I was watching). Also, from that same place, from what I gather is it's more a territorial dominance thing, they can't actually destroy your home after you've built it, or at least not directly. It's about capturing territory, and they would have to capture the territory your home is on, then raise your taxes through the roof or something, to actually destroy it.

I could have just misunderstood, but from what people were saying, and this interview I think I saw that I don't have time to hunt down again right now, that's the way it sounds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    CryENGINE 2 is a bit steep for my rig but the thing that lost the game for me was the razing of homes / total looting on PvP death especially if it's worldwide PvP. Everything else looks completely insane and amazing though.
    Actually, the game will be released in CryENGINE 3. I think they already switched to it with this CBT.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Another vid from some of the ones Bombur posted, nice city view.
    Spoiler: show

Thanks for the links Bombur. I'll try to find some time later today to put them all in a spoiler in the OP.

Obligatory: Game looks fucking hawt

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Hard to explain but there are 2 npc factions, if you belong to a npc faction, that npc faction will protect you. The devs have guaranteed that you won't lose you house due to PVP, if you belong to a npc faction. If any no gooder gets close to your home or farm those elite guards will kill anyone on site. Only if your guild decides to go at it alone and make their own faction, can you lose your house.

Also you can't lose your loot to PVP, if you are a nice player. Only players who are branded as criminals(aka gankers) using the bounty system or players who decide to go at it alone (make their own faction) will lose their loot to pvp.

But of course there are still players dumb enough to try and gank other players, but if you die you won't lose anything.

XL games has implemented some themepark elements to CB3, there are now quest hubs, instance dungeons, and battlegrounds to appease to a more western market. So if you stay with your npc faction and don't gank other players, you will never have to worry about losing your house or loot.

With the extra funding, XL games received from Tecent games. They paid 20 million US to publish it in China (which is a record), they decided to upgrade to Cry Engine 3. CB3 is half Cry engine 2 and half Cry engine 3, the Eastern continent is mostly done is Cry engine 3, while the Western continent is mostly done is Cry engine 2. It's why the cat girl videos look more impressive. As the cat race is on the Eastern continent. Elves and Nuians (white humans) are on the Western continent so they still in Cry Engine 2.

XL games hopes to have Arche Age in full Cry Engine 3 by Open Beta in November.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

More Video's

Here is a video of someone swimming out to a island. You can check out the swimming animations. Also did someone plant a tree at the bottom of the ocean?

Sorry no sound on this one.

Someone cutting down a tree for wood.

House tutorial, shows you how to build your house. But this player just gave up..lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Foxer wanted more videos..lol

Here is someone exploring at night.

Note to self, don't xp grind near a named mob

Low lvl cave

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Elementor blink and big trees. Best Korea for sure. lol

Videos are all amazing. I don't know if I like the race specific starter(?) regions though but I guess with a game like this, it makes the most sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    CB3 is half Cry engine 2 and half Cry engine 3, the Eastern continent is mostly done is Cry engine 3, while the Western continent is mostly done is Cry engine 2. It's why the cat girl videos look more impressive. As the cat race is on the Eastern continent. Elves and Nuians (white humans) are on the Western continent so they still in Cry Engine 2.

XL games hopes to have Arche Age in full Cry Engine 3 by Open Beta in November.
    What do you mean by that? The game cannot run on 2 engines simultaneously, no?