Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Snooping around with Snoopy. I was going to stop there but then people would wonder why I would make such a post! It seems that it may be possible that NCEVIL... I mean NCNEVER... I mean NCSOON... I mean NCsoftpenis. Well, that didn't go well.

We have:

http://archeage.eu/

If we go to:

http://www.eurid.eu/

we can check with the WHOIS search. We get this result from them:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4822/registrant.jpg

If we look at the history we get the following:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5...anthistory.jpg

If we open up the following website that has the global contact offices we get this:

http://global.ncsoft.com/global/support/contact.aspx

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1047/ncoffices.jpg

Let us see what we have so far. For South Korea XL Games is taking care of business over there. For China we have Tencent Holdings and for Japan we have GameOn Co. Europe's ArcheAge may very well be published by NCSoft with this information. For NA folks I would think it may be possible that it goes to NCSoft as well.

If that is the case, then we have NCSoft publishing Guild Wars 2 this year (probably the most anticipated MMORPG of this year) and ArcheAge next year (well funded sandbox MMORPG rather than the typical overused theme park MMORPG). Jake Song left NCSoft in March 2003 and formed XL Games. I guess it must of been an amicable departure if he is partnering with NCsoft. Unless...

Well I hope by the time Blade & Soul and ArcheAge comes out that NCsoft is singing a different tune with their NA/EU counterparts (compared to previous relationships). But I may need to stretch my imagination.

One thing is for certain, NCMoneyTacitoBurrito is going to be laughing all the way to the Bank™, if this is true.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

O.K. folks ArcheAge has sort of been quiet the last couple of months. Not a whole lot of new information, but MMORPG.com just released an interview with Suk Woo Choi at ArcheAge about 20 minutes ago. That name...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...re.html/page/1

ArcheAge Interviews: Closed Beta, America Bound, & Siege Warfare

ArcheAge is one of those games that has gathered an impressive number of fans as it slowly makes its way into the MMO space. During this year's E3, we had the opportunity to chat with Suk Woo Choi to talk about all things ArcheAge. You won't want to miss this one so keep reading!

After we’d stuffed our faces a bit, I led off with the obvious question: When, oh when will we finally here the good news that ArcheAge is coming stateside?

Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

MMORPG: When the game is published here, will the team’s focus mostly be on localization of the language, or do you feel pressured to “westernize” it as well? The divide between the two regions’ gaming cultures is pretty deep.

Suk Woo Choi: While we definitely won’t be afraid to change the mechanics of the game in the west if the players demand it, I definitely think we’ll end up having to listen to the wishes of the publisher in North America (though we don’t know just who that is yet). A big part of the undertaking is definitely the localization, and if we have to change up some mechanics like combat or something of this nature, or even leveling pace, we will. But we want to find the balance, and not lose the soul of what makes ArcheAge so unique.

MMORPG: A lot of our readers are absolutely rabid for more info from the game. Can you tell us how the most recent beta test went, and what the goals of the next test will be?

Suk Woo Choi: The fourth CBT went on for about 95 days, and the main thing we wanted to test was siege warfare. But we only got to it about 5 times in that lengthy test, so we’ll definitely be focusing on it again in CBT 5. The fifth test will begin later this summer in Korea, and the new features will be looked at heavily too: namely the dungeons, the early game which we’ve completely redone as most people don’t really like it so far.

MMORPG: What about the first part don’t people shine to? What kind of changes can we expect to the intro 20 levels or so.

Suk Woo Choi: Before it was missing a lot of the cut scenes, as the early levels are supposed to introduce the systems and set up the story of the world. It just didn’t flow as nicely as it needed to. So we’ve put in more cut scenes, and we actually did pull out some story from the beginning, as we wanted to save a lot of the more narrative stuff for the dungeons that are in the later game as well. We didn’t want people to level 1-20 and feel like… Okay, the story’s over. A mix of the sandbox and the narrative is what we’re aiming for.

MMORPG: How will the dungeons behave? Will they be the sort of things we’re used to from our MMORPGs of late? Instanced affairs for concentrated group content?

Suk Woo Choi: We have several kinds we’re exploring, and we haven’t talked too much about some of the more special ones we have in mind, but the first kind we can speak on. They will be the more traditional group-oriented instance dungeons. But those are something we feel we can do pretty uniquely in our own right with our character system too. As to the others, we’re not ready to talk much about them just yet.

MMORPG: Shifting to the siege warfare, and I apologize if this has been covered before, but how many players do you expect to be able to compete in a typical battle?

Suk Woo Choi: During our 4th CBT, it was 50v50. But we definitely want to make the system capable of hosting many more than that.

MMORPG: One of the things our readers are curious about is the crafting. Can you tell us what kind of work is still being done on something so extensive, where you’re able to make just about anything in the world?

Suk Woo Choi: Some things might be changed, but we can’t really talk more on that just now. It’s definitely one of the most important parts of the game, so we’re taking it very seriously. Obviously, you can build houses, boats, and all of that so you know we’re very serious about it.

MMORPG: Fair enough! Let’s move on to the Guild and Social systems, as it pertains to the PVP. Has the team worried at all about players “spying” on other sides of the battle where PVP is so important to the experience?

Suk Woo Choi: Well. That’s actually very interesting. I don’t think we’ve really thought about that part of it. But if someone is able to do that, we might just have to say “good for him… he’s spying well!” Because it’s part of the warfare, right?

MMORPG: You might be right! One more thing then. If there’s one part of the game you’re most worried about translating to the North American and Western audiences, what do you feel that is? What do you really want us to get excited about, what should we be fawning over?

Suk Woo Choi: The main thing that Jake [Song] wants everyone to take from us as we lead up to the Korean launch and eventual westernization is that this is the true MMORPG. Not just for Koreans, but for everyone. It’s not the violence, the casual game, the hardcore game, or the action… it’s the RPG part of it he wants to get across. He can’t wait to hear how the NA and EU regions will react, which hopefully won’t be too long from now!

MMORPG: Fantastic, thanks so much!

Suk Woo Choi: Thank you! We look forward to bringing ArcheAge to America!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    O.K. folks ArcheAge has sort of been quiet the last couple of months. Not a whole lot of new information, but MMORPG.com just released an interview with Suk Woo Choi at ArcheAge about 20 minutes ago. That name...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...re.html/page/1

ArcheAge Interviews: Closed Beta, America Bound, & Siege Warfare

ArcheAge is one of those games that has gathered an impressive number of fans as it slowly makes its way into the MMO space. During this year's E3, we had the opportunity to chat with Suk Woo Choi to talk about all things ArcheAge. You won't want to miss this one so keep reading!

After we’d stuffed our faces a bit, I led off with the obvious question: When, oh when will we finally here the good news that ArcheAge is coming stateside?

Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

MMORPG: When the game is published here, will the team’s focus mostly be on localization of the language, or do you feel pressured to “westernize” it as well? The divide between the two regions’ gaming cultures is pretty deep.

Suk Woo Choi: While we definitely won’t be afraid to change the mechanics of the game in the west if the players demand it, I definitely think we’ll end up having to listen to the wishes of the publisher in North America (though we don’t know just who that is yet). A big part of the undertaking is definitely the localization, and if we have to change up some mechanics like combat or something of this nature, or even leveling pace, we will. But we want to find the balance, and not lose the soul of what makes ArcheAge so unique.

MMORPG: A lot of our readers are absolutely rabid for more info from the game. Can you tell us how the most recent beta test went, and what the goals of the next test will be?

Suk Woo Choi: The fourth CBT went on for about 95 days, and the main thing we wanted to test was siege warfare. But we only got to it about 5 times in that lengthy test, so we’ll definitely be focusing on it again in CBT 5. The fifth test will begin later this summer in Korea, and the new features will be looked at heavily too: namely the dungeons, the early game which we’ve completely redone as most people don’t really like it so far.

MMORPG: What about the first part don’t people shine to? What kind of changes can we expect to the intro 20 levels or so.

Suk Woo Choi: Before it was missing a lot of the cut scenes, as the early levels are supposed to introduce the systems and set up the story of the world. It just didn’t flow as nicely as it needed to. So we’ve put in more cut scenes, and we actually did pull out some story from the beginning, as we wanted to save a lot of the more narrative stuff for the dungeons that are in the later game as well. We didn’t want people to level 1-20 and feel like… Okay, the story’s over. A mix of the sandbox and the narrative is what we’re aiming for.

MMORPG: How will the dungeons behave? Will they be the sort of things we’re used to from our MMORPGs of late? Instanced affairs for concentrated group content?

Suk Woo Choi: We have several kinds we’re exploring, and we haven’t talked too much about some of the more special ones we have in mind, but the first kind we can speak on. They will be the more traditional group-oriented instance dungeons. But those are something we feel we can do pretty uniquely in our own right with our character system too. As to the others, we’re not ready to talk much about them just yet.

MMORPG: Shifting to the siege warfare, and I apologize if this has been covered before, but how many players do you expect to be able to compete in a typical battle?

Suk Woo Choi: During our 4th CBT, it was 50v50. But we definitely want to make the system capable of hosting many more than that.

MMORPG: One of the things our readers are curious about is the crafting. Can you tell us what kind of work is still being done on something so extensive, where you’re able to make just about anything in the world?

Suk Woo Choi: Some things might be changed, but we can’t really talk more on that just now. It’s definitely one of the most important parts of the game, so we’re taking it very seriously. Obviously, you can build houses, boats, and all of that so you know we’re very serious about it.

MMORPG: Fair enough! Let’s move on to the Guild and Social systems, as it pertains to the PVP. Has the team worried at all about players “spying” on other sides of the battle where PVP is so important to the experience?

Suk Woo Choi: Well. That’s actually very interesting. I don’t think we’ve really thought about that part of it. But if someone is able to do that, we might just have to say “good for him… he’s spying well!” Because it’s part of the warfare, right?

MMORPG: You might be right! One more thing then. If there’s one part of the game you’re most worried about translating to the North American and Western audiences, what do you feel that is? What do you really want us to get excited about, what should we be fawning over?

Suk Woo Choi: The main thing that Jake [Song] wants everyone to take from us as we lead up to the Korean launch and eventual westernization is that this is the true MMORPG. Not just for Koreans, but for everyone. It’s not the violence, the casual game, the hardcore game, or the action… it’s the RPG part of it he wants to get across. He can’t wait to hear how the NA and EU regions will react, which hopefully won’t be too long from now!

MMORPG: Fantastic, thanks so much!

Suk Woo Choi: Thank you! We look forward to bringing ArcheAge to America!

I worry about the endgame dungeon instances, Koreans didn't like them very much, so XL games took them out. Everything is now open world. I'm thinking Xl games might put them back in the for Na version. But wow there is still so much work to be done, XL games wants to have 10 races each with it's own starting zone, and increase the landmass about 60%. I don't know if they can get all that content in time for a winter 2012 release.

other News....
    http://archeage-online.de/forum/show...ielle-Webseite

http://www.onlinegamer.jp/news/201205270001/

Xl games has signed a massive contract with Neowitz games. Neowitz games will publish Archeage in Japan and publish ArcheAge for Mobile phones/tablets using their "pmag" cloud system. Tencent games will be publishing AA in China and use a cloud system as well for mobile phones. Arche Age will be the first AAA mmo playable on smart phones/ipads/tablets and other such mobile devices.

Tencent showed off a trailer of AA on a moblie phone.

Also Tencent has been gearing up for a 2012 release so they been busy making hype videos.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As for Xl games they showed a sneak peak trailer of what CB5 has in store. 2 new races warborn and Dwarf, new buildings to construct ( like stores and shops) and new cannons on ships that can fire from great distances. So you can destroy castle walls from your ship !

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07...s-with-survey/

"For sandbox fans in the western part of the globe, watching the development of ArcheAge is a bittersweet experience: sweet that a game with so many coveted features is being developed and bitter that the game is only launching in the East for now. But XL Games has indicated that a Western launch is not so much an "if" as a "when." In that vein, the studio is seeking information on North American and European demographics through a short survey posted on Facebook.

The information garnered from responses may be used to shape decisions concerning ArcheAge in the NA and EU markets. Fans can also give their email address to receive information about the game in the future."

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/arch...-demographics/

ArcheAge Online Fan Opinion and Demographics

Information collected below may be used to inform decisions concerning ArcheAge in the EU and NA markets.

There are 3 pages on this survey. One question that caught my eye was:

"Imagine you're a lead producer at a major publisher in your country. You've been tasked with leading a small team of translators and artists whose task is to localize a foreign-made videogame. You're given a small budget and six months to complete the process.

The game contains cultural references that you don’t recognize. Furthermore, the focus group that represents the game’s target audience finds the game's graphics, audio, story, combat, endgame, revenue model and cultural references to be offensive or boring. To fix any one of these items will take at least a month (potentially longer).

Order the features in terms of importance. You'll have to designate one issue to be fixed after launch."

(It lists 7 features with a rating from 1 to 7 on what you consider to be most important)

Let me go get my armchair... be right back!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Today XLGAMES sent an interesting Twitter post. A fan from South Africa wanted to participate in CBT5, here is the answer:

I mean Blue Gartr is a Game community right ????..lol

Anyways here is another video of a guild defending their built castle during a siege.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Awesome thanks for the heads up Bombur. You guys should contact XLGames. Only 3 English websites that keeps ArcheAge up to date with information are ArcheAge-Online, ArcheAge Source and here.

With the extensive survey they just had for the NA/EU market, it may very well be possible that they want those communities to partake in a closed alpha/beta of the game... who knows!

Note that the initial waves of CBT5 invites went out last week. You had to participate in CBT4 as well as reach level 25 to get in this 1st round of invites.

The good news is that there will be 3 more rounds of invites for CBT5 in the near future.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

http://www.archeage.com/

CB5 has been announced !

CB5 will run from 8.16.12~8.31.12. It is a short amount of time, as XL games wants to explode the servers.

They hope to have upwards of 130,000+ players to play during this Beta period.

ArcheAge Source has posted a fan trailer on what to expect in CB5. ArcheAge Source mods are German, so you have to put up with a little German in this video..lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    http://www.archeage.com/

CB5 has been announced !

CB5 will run from 8.16.12~8.31.12. It is a short amount of time, as XL games wants to explode the servers.

They hope to have upwards of 130,000+ players to play during this Beta period.

ArcheAge Source has posted a fan trailer on what to expect in CB5. ArcheAge Source mods are German, so you have to put up with a little German in this video..lol

Idk if you watched the video, but CB5 will be the return of the Cut Scenes and the stories for each race. The Cut Scenes were re-done and will now be in Full Cry Engine 3.

XL games showed a Cut Scene Teaser video today.

This teaser introduces us to the character Orchidna.

Orchidna is the cousin of Kyprosa Daeior "Kyprosa Daeior", the Daughter of the Winter Fir; The Nearest to the Mother; Keeper of the Garden., and is considered the bastard of the family. So she isn't a very happy girl.

If you want to read more about the lore check out this link
    http://archeagesource.com/topic/622-...yprosa-daeior/

More teasers will be made till CB5 starts!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow all the cut scenes redone in Cry Engine 30? Awesome!

The translation on that video is: "Why do you come now?" (You are too late) from one of the Youtube posts.

I hope they announce the other CBT5 invites soon.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Wow all the cut scenes redone in Cry Engine 30? Awesome!

The translation on that video is: "Why do you come now?" (You are too late) from one of the Youtube posts.

I hope they announce the other CBT5 invites soon.

In the video she says " Why are you here ?" -> "Why did you come now?" -> "Whatever your now too late!"

In other news XL games has posted a new video showing what the new zones look like it Cry Engine 3, and gives a small world flyover.

The video also mentions a new smurf like looking race, and you can now build a beach house. Build a beach house and throw a party !

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Very cool, thanks for the translation Bombur. Seems XL-Games released these trailers back to back. Here is another one with the flying kites! I love how the world looks. I wouldn't mind having a beach house, I'm just worried it might get bombed from above.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

http://www.archeage.com/notice/types...0?pager.page=1

Xl games showed some more changes to CB5.

In earlier CB tests, talking to NPC's you would get a bubble text over their head and the NPC's were kinda blurry. People complained that it was hard to figure out what they were talking about and what they wanted.

Now with CB5 in full Cry Engine 3, the NPC's will look much sharper and talking to NPC's will be more cinematic and interactive, so players will get the full scope of what the NPC wants.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Another new Video, this one shows what the new character/weapon and armour models will look like in CB5. Don't ask me what is going on at the end of the video...lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://www.mmoculture.com/?p=3612

After a brief teaser at ChinaJoy 2012 talking to the Chinese media, XLGAMES is now preparing for ArcheAge Closed Beta 5 in Korea. A media conference was held as the date draws closer to 16th August, with ArcheAge’s development staff answering various questions. Having gone through over 6 years of development and 4 beta phases, with the previous one lasting 95 days, what new content will be for testing this time? Note that not all information is translated, and may not be 100% accurate. Original article from Inven Korea.

Q: What is the main objective of Closed Beta 5?
    A: The main objective is still to make sure the game client is stable and running properly.

Q: Can you tell us the schedule for Closed Beta 5?
    A: Closed Beta 5 will begin from 16th August and last till 31st August, with all PC rooms in Korea having access a day earlier. For those players who have yet to gain access to Closed Beta 5, they may try the game out at these PC rooms.

Q: Will Closed Beta 5 be extended, similar to what happened with Closed Beta 4?
    A: It is possible, but we do not have plans for that now.

Q: Despite the game being in the Korean language, China players are invited to join in. Will there be a separate server for them?
    A: No, all players will be in the same servers. About 500 China players are invited to join Closed Beta 5. Actually, there was quite a number of China and overseas players in ArcheAge since Closed Beta 4. We also placed an announcement, urging players from these regions to experience ArcheAge together during their timezones.

Through observation, we do acknowledge there were some communication problems during Closed Beta 4 for the foreign players, but most of them are very patient in seeking out guidance and even joining the Korean gamers on expeditions and other activities. We do not foresee this as a problem in Closed Beta 5.

Q: Has Open Beta been confirmed?
    A: Open Beta has been scheduled within this year.

Q: An estimated 130,000 players will be entering ArcheAge in Closed Beta 5. Will there be a problem for the servers and any are any precautions taken?
    A: We will be opening 3 servers initially, and observe how the situation goes.

Q: Players were talking about ArcheAge being unoptimized. Has this problem been resolved?
    A: From what we know, the current game client will run smoothly on at least the “high” settings on normal computers in the country (Korea).

Q: There were also complaints about the quality of screenshots in ArcheAge.
    A: Yes, in Closed Beta 4, players were telling us about the poor quality of screenshots. We certainly made adjustments, and hopefully players will like the images taken this time. There weren’t any options to customize how screenshots were taken, and now these options will be in Closed Beta 5.

Q: Has the download time of the client been shortened?
    A: Yes, we optimized the download process as well, along with the client’s stability.

Q: How big is the Closed Beta 5 client?
    A: We are still in the process of tweaking the client, hence the file size is not confirmed yet. We are definitely trying to lower the file size. This process will still carry on until before Open Beta is to launch.

Q: What is the game mastering procedure like in Closed Beta 5?
    A: Like in previous phases, we will not be involved with any player disputes. Players were questioning why are we silently in the dark, but this will be the philosophy we will be sticking to. It certainly is controversial if we should be directly take an active role, but we do not want to strip players of their rights of how they want to play their game. We will remain low profile, and this will be of the best interest for everyone.

Q: What differences are there between Closed Beta 4 and 5?
    A: In Closed Beta 4, we have already introduced many new features. In Closed Beta 5, we will continue to add new content and also better guidelines/ tooltips to help all players have a better experience.

Q: After ArcheAge was rated as 19+, will there be any new elements which will reflect this rating?
    A: After opening the game client this time, there will be a guide about this rating (violence, sexual content, drug info). 1 of the reasons ArcheAge was given this rating is due to the in-game ability to steal from other players’ bag-pack. This act of stealing from others is listed as a 19+ feature. There was also a feature which gives players buff after drinking beer, which is drug-related. There aren’t actually any adult content showing off nudity in ArcheAge. In the original novel, there is a place call “City of Dreams”, a gorgeous city with various adult entertainment spots. We did not go into context, just giving a brief introduction and have no plans to expand into full details in the game.

Q: Will the new instanced dungeons be dropping exclusive equipment?
    A: Yes, they will. In terms of equipment, there will now be level restrictions allocated. The new equipment dropped from dungeons will be better than the ones obtained from quests (same for crafted equipment, stronger than quest ones). We encourage players to try challenge the more difficult dungeons, instead of running the same easy ones 50 or 100 times. If players choose to do so, repeating the dungeon in a continuous fashion will increase drop rating.

Q: About the equipment level restriction, does it mean all equipment in the game will have the same feature?
    A: All equipment will have level restrictions, but we are looking to lower or do away with this restriction beyond level 40. In our internal testings, we found out that our staff are more used to this level restriction placed on equipment. Before this, they were not able to differentiate if what they have in the bag pack or the ones equipped are better. We believe this will provide players with a clearer view of choice as well.

Q: The repair function was edited towards the latter stage of Closed Beta 4. Will it remain the same for Closed Beta 5?
    A: For a small fee, repairs can be done immediately now.

Q: Will castle siege be available in Closed Beta 5?
    A: Given that Closed Beta 5 is planned only for 2 weeks, it is not possible to hold a castle siege. Castle siege requires many players to level up, conquer a territory, gather materials and build the castle. Adding in siege will just confuse and stress players out. That is not our main focus point either, hence it will not be in. We will still allow players to build castles. Closed Beta 5 is also the final preparation before Open Beta.

Q: Without castle siege, what other features will players be able to enjoy in Closed Beta 5?
    A: Despite not having castle siege and battlegrounds, there are still tons of new content added upon the Closed Beta 4 client. Many more quests are added, the housing features are expanded, and we are unsure if players will be able to experience all these in 2 weeks.

Q: Following the increase of materials needed to build houses and ships, the time to craft is also extended by a significant amount. Are any adjustments done?
    A: Actually, there isn’t much change in this aspect, the amount of material required remains the same. It is just the raw ingredients needed to craft these material which will see some changes. For example, it will take 300 raw wood to craft 1 bundled wood, which was 100 raw wood before. We also fixed the situation where newly planted trees are available for chopping right after the server reboots. Even though the duration of tree growth is extended, players will now be able to obtain 8-10 raw wood, with wild roadside trees giving 6-7 as well.

Q: Is it true teleportation is adjusted, with new aqua content added as well?
    A: In Closed Beta 4, players may use teleport portals an unlimited amount of time. Now, players will have to obtain a rare stone item before able to activate any portals. We did not add in much new aqua content as it is not the time to do so yet. We did add in a new trade system, and we expect the number of sea transportation trips to increase.

Q: Talking about the new trade system, how will player earn a profit from it?
    A: We added in a new craft-able item category call “specialties”. These items can be sold to various trading NPCs (not between players) to earn a “handsome profit”. To earn more, players will have to carry these specialties and proceed to further places to sell them. The sale price will be even higher if players travel to further regions using ships (traveling to same destination on land will yield lesser). In Closed Beta 4, players were questioning how high level monsters are dropping too many good items and too much gold. Hence, this specialties system will be another way for players to earn some keep. However, note that players will only receive special “trade currency” (not soft currency), which can then be used to buy items such as housing and ship blueprints.

Q: Do introduce to us the new instanced dungeons.
    A: There will be 3 new instances. The first dungeon will be for players around level 20 and located in the Eastern region. The other 2 will be for players around level 30. There aren’t many changes to these 3 new instances, and similar to the current ones, will be hard to solo. These new instances will introduce an interactive environment, such as activating switches to open doors, using a pail of water to put out fire cause by mobs etc.

Q: What about the dungeons after level 30?
    A: Other than the 3 new dungeons, there will be 2 new undiscovered zones (1 mentioned below) as well following the level 46 quests. Closed Beta 5 will feature about 250 hours of content, and those players who are just into leveling will not be able to fully enjoy the game content.

Q: Can you tell us more about the new zones?
    A: There will certainly be new quests, new fields for hunting and new bosses.

Q: Will the NPC, Orchidna, make an appearance in Closed beta 5?
    A: No, she will have to wait till next year or even the year after to make an appearance. She is a very important character in the lore, hence she was just teased in the trailer. Players will still find content which will trace back to her in quests, and it will be inappropriate for her to appear during the current storyline.

Q: Will there be changes for the storyline quests in Closed Beta 5?
    A: Yes, there will be major changes. The quest UI has been changed and rewards given out will be better. (Note: There is something about the Ferres race using a device to understand certain quests better, I am not really sure what that means.)

Q: In the latest trailer, interactions with various home furniture were shown. What do these actions really do?
    A: Players now can rest by either sitting on chairs or lying on bed. There will be couches supporting 3 players, cabinet drawers can be opened and fireplaces can be lit up. The basic features of housing are also very important. If players want to craft, a craft point must be placed in the house, for farming a piece of empty land, and even an alchemy desk to craft buff potions. A new family title system is also introduced, where players can name who are brothers, sisters etc.

Q: Is there any major new content in Closed Beta 5?
    A: We added a new location call “Horizon Isle”, which exists as an instanced area. Players will see both eastern and western designed buildings on the island, with many ships docked at the harbor and various new mounts for sale. Players can think of this place as a giant shopping mall, if they see a house they like, they can immediately buy it or even test-drive a pre-made ship before buying. Of course, there are the mentioned specialties and trade systems, and also a new player court system.

Q: How does the player court system works?
    A: When a player’s PK rating hits 50, a bounty will be automatically be issued to capture him. Once killed, he will be sent to jail (means he will be free until being killed by someone else). However, he may also seek for a trial and be judged by a court. If found to be innocent (what?!), he will be released without being jailed. Players will form the jury panel, with those who are level 30 and above will be eligible. Whenever a jury panel is needed, a mail will be sent to all these players. The first 5 to accept will form the panel, with the ability to affect the sentence duration as well. For now, there are no rewards for being a jury, which may change in the future. The development team is looking to a bribing system as well for the jury panel.

A player who becomes a pirate and is killed in PvP will be sent to the gallows (jail) unconditionally.

Q: Are there any other new features?
    A: Yes, we have improved on the character customization functions. Players can now create even more looks and be unique from the other players. There also also various new gliding/flying equipment, as well as land mounts. Players may also learn the other faction’s language through interacting with study materials such as books to increase their knowledge.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The new character creator for CBT5:

The second wave of invites went out I think early this morning. When you log on you should see this:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8...cheageicon.png

In the example above note that #1 - #4 are greyed out; meaning I did not participate in those events. I got accepted to event #5. You should also get an email; make sure to check your junk mail just in case.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5...eageletter.png

Age architecture became the fifth win in the CBT testers.
    Hello,
    Aki Age (ArcheAge)

Age of 5th CBT architecture would like to express my heartfelt congratulations on becoming a tester.
    Simply refer to the following schedule CBT Age architecture also have your fun,
    Age of the architecture can be further developed so many opinion, please.

Thank you.
    CBT 5th Schedule Information
    Test period, Thurs Aug. 16 - Aug. 31 (Fri.)
    Test Time weekdays 12:00 to 02:00 / Saturday 12:00 to 02:00 Monday
    Client download Mon, August 13

I edited out my name on the first picture for privacy reasons. Good luck to everyone!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08...rial-system-a/

"ArcheAge's fifth, yes fifth, closed beta test kicks off this week. XLGAMES recently released the latest patch notes which have been helpfully translated from the original Korean via Google. ArcheAge Source has the full list, and perusing them brings a few interesting points to the fore.

For one, there seems to be a form of XP loss on death (though not for avatars below level 10). CBT5 also marks the introduction of the game's trial system, so all you naughty-by-nature folks will likely find out what sort of crime and punishment await you in XL's fantasy sandbox. Finally, there are bits about crop growth and how climate affects it as well as some verbiage about certain regional tradeskill specialties."

You better not solo that rabbit in Valkurm Dunes... or else.

Armor Rating again?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I really try not to spam the AA thread, but I found a really nice fan made video of ArcheAge - Hope you all like it !

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Exploring ArcheAge !

If your interested in the world of ArcheAge and interested in exploring then this game may be for you !

Exploring the Western Continent

This thread explores the Western continent!

Regions

Golden Moss Forest (Fairies starting zone)
    Bronze Rock (Dwarves starting zone)
    Solzreed (Nuian starting area)
    Gweonid Forest (Elfves starting area)
    Lilyut Meadow
    Garangdol Plains
    White Forest
    Marianople
    Two Crowns
    Cross Plains
    Golden Plains
    Hell Swamp
    Long Sand
    The Kingdom of Mirrors
    Frozen Skyscrapers
    Bandipur Peninsula
    The Carcass / The Land of the Bones
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Everdry Wasteland
    Cradle of Genesis
    Nee Maru
    Vortex Meadow
    Kinked Coast
    Floating Islands
    White Islands

*In CB5 you could only play 35% of the western landmass, some regions are still under construction. Also Dwarves and Fairies are still not playable races yet. Xl games promises to have them playable shortly.

Video of the Western Continent

This video was done by the German AA fansite, but it's in English !

Regions in the Video

Table of Contents:
    01:43 Prologue
    03:26 Nuia Introduction
    03:42 Solzreed
    07:20 Gweonid Forest
    11:47 Bronze Rock
    12:06 Lilyut Meadow
    16:40 Cradle of Genesis
    17:29 Garangdol Plains
    20:15 White Forest
    25:48 Marianople
    29:48 Two Crowns
    34:54 Cross Plains
    39:17 Golden Plains
    41:19 Hell Swamp
    47:24 Long Sand
    55:47 The Carcass / Land of Bones
    56:54 Isle of Enid
    59:41 Interlude

*Not all regions were in the video, but it has most of the regions!

Enjoy !

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Exploring ArcheAge Part.2

Exploring the Eastern Continent

This thread explores the Eastern Continent

Regions

La Veda (Returned starting area)
    Sunny Wilderness (Warborn starting area)
    Falconry Plateau (Ferre starting area)
    Rainbow Field (Hariharan starting area)
    Tiger Spine Mountains
    Mahadevi
    Sunrise Peninsula
    Singing Land
    Ancient Forest
    Ynystere
    Lokas Checkers
    Steppe Belt
    Ruins of Hariharalaya
    Una Basin
    Nightmare Valley
    Land of Sacrifice
    Lokas Mountains
    Hasela
    Silvi Volcanic Region
    Volcanic Coast
    Fossil Desert
    Black Desert
    White Foam Island

*Again in CB5 you could only play 35% of the Eastern landmass, some regions are still under construction. Also Warborned and Returned are still not playable races yet. Xl games promises to have them playable shortly.

Video of the Eastern Continent

Again from the Germans, but it is in English though !

Table of Contents:
    02:37 Falconry Plateau
    07:53 Rainbow Field
    12:14 Sunny Wilderness
    12:52 Tiger Spine Mountains
    15:48 Singing Land
    20:27 Mahadevi
    24:10 Sunrise Peninsula
    27:52 Ancient Forest
    31:55 Ynystere
    36:46 Lokas Checkers
    42:26 Steppe Belt
    47:35 Ruins of Hariharalaya
    54:30 Hasla
    54:58 Liberty Island
    58:51 Pirate Island
    59:39 "German" Island (this is the German guilds home base, in CB5..lol)
    1:02:53 Outro & Credits

*Not all regions were in the video, but it has most of the regions!

There is still the Northern continent (which is bigger than both western and eastern continent combined), The Pirate Island, Merchant Island, The Ocean regions, and under the ocean regions - So much to explore !

Here is the World map of CB5~!

*Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast