+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Goldeneye[Wii] / Goldeneye: Reloaded[PS3,360]

Anyone pick this up yet? It's Activision, so I may not buy it unless it's actually really good.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Replace Pierce Brosnan with Daniel Craig and there you go. At least the multiplayer looks good.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Looks pretty bad tbh, not surprised that it's Activision that did this

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

IGN gave it a high rating, tempted to pick this up after reading about it

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

looolllllllllllllllllllll basing your opinion about buying a game on rating.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroDiabolos View Post
    looolllllllllllllllllllll basing your opinion about buying a game on rating.
    ^ No kidding. Rating is the absolute last thing I look at when buying any game, but that's just me. But anyway, I picked it up yesterday at lunch, it is a nostalgia bomb all over again. It is a really really good game that plays just as the original did.

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    ^ No kidding. Rating is the absolute last thing I look at when buying any game, but that's just me. But anyway, I picked it up yesterday at lunch, it is a nostalgia bomb all over again. It is a really really good game that plays just as the original did.
    Is it? The multiplayer footage posted made it look a lot like COD lite (not that COD is bad but its not what I imagine for a goldeneye remake), but if its at least decently true to the original I'll have to check it out.

I mean maybe it's just the map that was presented in that video but the colored lighting reminds me of a 13 year old's attempt at a half-life map back in 1999, and the music is just dull. It doesn't really bring back memories of the classic goldeneye maps and music. I don't think I would have recognized this was a James Bond game if the video didn't say it was.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm hearing Classic Controller Pro is the controller to use for this game.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Classic Controller is defiantly better

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It isn't a main factor for buying, it made me look into the game more and it looked good. Yes, there have been times where bad rated games were good imho.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I usually look up the rating for a game I'm on the fence about.

For example, I liked the look of Front mission evolved. I read a review about it and the reviewer highlighted some pretty significant problems. I decided to pass on it and buy something else. Of course, some games are good despite poor ratings, while others are hyped to shit and are actually buggy and have a bad story.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by sephir View Post
    I usually look up the rating for a game I'm on the fence about.

For example, I liked the look of Front mission evolved. I read a review about it and the reviewer highlighted some pretty significant problems. I decided to pass on it and buy something else. Of course, some games are good despite poor ratings, while others are hyped to shit and are actually buggy and have a bad story.
    Offtopic:
    What problems did the review bring up, I wonder? I played through Front Mission Evolved recently and the main problem I had with it was lack of replay value for the short campaign mode... other than that I was loving it (I didn't play multiplayer though, if that's their beef)

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    ^ No kidding. Rating is the absolute last thing I look at when buying any game, but that's just me.
    Gotta go with this. IGN shit all over DBZ RB2, yet I'm having an absolute blast with the game now that I have my own OSTs playing.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Well having watched the intro I have to say I'm impressed. I'm still hesitant because it's Activision though -_-.

Also, they axed Tina Turner's version of the Goldeneye theme song in favor of that skank from Pussycat Dolls... I almost thought it was Tina until the last moment when it showed Nicole's name... eck... why would they even change it?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Bought it, love it. As I am a huge bond fan and loved the N64 version. More detail that the 64, same great playability. More additions to the levels and a twist on the story (Stays with the original). Love the updated characters, love the multi-player mode. Imo, worth it to pick it up. I got the SE with the gold controller, it's pretty boss. You can use miltiple controllers (Wii Zaaper, Gamecube Controller, Numchuck Combo) with it so you don't have to buy the SE version.

~Erl

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

saw it got an 8,5 on gamespot. There is apparently stealth, stealth kills and grappling in this version that the reviewer liked, but I really wouldn't want and the online multiplayer has no voice chat, so playing with friends is gonna include a blue tooth headset and night and weekend minutes I guess(or really go back in time to 1/4 screen)

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Am I the only person who thought Goldeneye was good but really nothing special? <_< Seems a lot of people are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment with this remake~

The original Perfect Dark was way better anyways~

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    Am I the only person who thought Goldeneye was good but really nothing special? <_< Seems a lot of people are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment with this remake~

The original Perfect Dark was way better anyways~
    It was the first decent FPS that did FPS half decently on console and had good multiplayer, it was the 90s version of halo.
    Compared to any PC FPS it wasn't anything special, but for console gamers it was zomgbestgameever.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Don't get me wrong, I played it to death and it was great for it's time...But it's been 13 years, doesn't seem like it'd age too well :s