1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    This just sounds like an odd thing to say, and they're calling out basically 99% of the people who play the game. I think if it weren't for the negative fallout of the game, we wouldn't be seeing this Ask the Devs at all.
    I think a lot of it too is that no one thinks DEX does anything, as others have said, acc is still piss poor no matter how much they pump into dex.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Vilmos View Post
    Yea, I agree with you on this. The post is one of most informative yet(if not the best). Yet, it comes across as them being pissed off having to even divulge this Secret Squirrel Information. Despite this information SHOULD have been in the instruction booklet or in game tutorial to begin with.
    Because it goes against everything they stand for as a MMO developing company. They never had to do this in XI, and hate the fact that they have to do it in XIV, because part of what they feel (IE: them putting their wants and ideals over those of the players that essentially sign their paychecks) is an "allure" of the game is people having to figure everything out themselves; to literally sustain themselves on the small scraps that SE provides them, and somehow turn it into this glorious feast. Its like being asked to prepare a 10-course turkey dinner on a 2-pound bird and a can of green beans.

They now realize that customers are willing to walk away if a game isn't catered to their style, so SE is bitter at having to basically do a 180 of their basic design philosophy.

It just makes me interested to see what kind of changes are going to roll out in the next 2 years, now that they've seen the laundry list of complaints that people have about the game, and about the industry itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They now realize that customers are willing to walk away if a game isn't catered to their style, so SE is bitter at having to basically do a 180 of their basic design philosophy.

It just makes me interested to see what kind of changes are going to roll out in the next 2 years, now that they've seen the laundry list of complaints that people have about the game, and about the industry itself.
    I did laugh at the bitterness too. But fuck their pride, even if they remain bitter and angry for it, we'll get a better game for it. I can understand that admitting fault and changing despite thinking otherwise is hard. I just hope they transition quickly and get used to being our bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Well, at least now I can reallocate a fair bit of my MND over to DEX for Weaver.
    lol, this is exactly what I did as soon as I logged on. I don't need that much MND as a THM anyway, I never run out of MP (unless I'm fighting undead).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ I'll second that entire post. If they don't like the taste that bitter pill, they can get out of the MMO business, really.

Ultimately you make games for people, as games made for developers tend to be shitty games. Not much annoys me, but their tone is pretty stupid. It has no place here, or anywhere you speak to customers, no matter how stupid or annoying you think they are.

SayomiSassaki

well about the DEX, its a little normal that you don't really see a difference since you lvl up and kill mob who have a higher lvl to so higher defense and harder to hit...

(I will use false % for explain)

If you are rank 1 and have 15 DEX and hit 75% of the time, then at rank 20 and have 50 DEX, maybe you will still hit 75% of the time because the mob are harder...

But if you were rank 1 with 50 DEX you will maybe hit for 85% of the time, and if you were rank 20 with 15 you would hit 45% of the time...

In FFXI you had the choice to buy Acc/DEX gear for do more then the 75% normal...

(Remember that the % are false it was just for explain)

I'm Rank 20 PGL with 50 DEX and when i switch to a rank 1 I miss less that when i was Rank 1 PGL but it seems that the TP attack is really random for hit/miss.

Next time put the link at the top. It is a long read and I want to read it on the site.

Anyway, this is quite the update. As for stats, all I really want to know right now are the caps.

EDIT: In a way I dislike that my character is going to have a low INT score. Because of DnD, seeing a low INT score makes me feel stupid. Only MND and PIE have any use for a melee character.

Developers make games for humans. The idea they make a game only for developers is retarded and shouldn't even be considered. Developers and players don't have some substantial difference in taste. (Plenty of good devs have bad taste like everyone else.)

I think the idea that players work together to figure out stats and stuff, if purposely placed there, comes from the days of the arcade rogue-likes. Players would write down and share all their information together(usually by notebook in the arcade). Slowly they would progress through the game as community. That last sentence sounds like SE's intention, with their focus on fan-sites. Probably not something many people, especially from the west, are interested in.

EDIT: They have revealed and explained stuff before in FFXI. Most explicitly in fanfests, but also during updates where they would explain stuff as they introduced it. They are not crushing their own pride, you fucking fantasy writers.

So are primary stats more important than fashion now? What a shame. Wearing whatever looked good was quite liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    So are primary stats more important than fashion now? What a shame. Wearing whatever looked good was quite liberating.
    STR+3 and etc probably really doesn't matter. I mean if it was so easy to sabotage your stats...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm slightly amused that Culinarian's off-hand mod is PIE.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I need to spread out all my points on 5/6 stats.

STR/VIT/DEX for GLA is obv.

MND for MP and Magic Def.

INT for Goldsmithing. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    Developers make games for humans. The idea they make a game only for developers is retarded and shouldn't even be considered. Developers and players don't have some substantial difference in taste. (Plenty of good devs have bad taste like everyone else.)

I think the idea that players work together to figure out stats and stuff, if purposely placed there, comes from the days of the arcade rogue-likes. Players would write down and share all their information together(usually by notebook in the arcade). Slowly they would progress through the game as community. That last sentence sounds like SE's intention, with their focus on fan-sites. Probably not something many people, especially from the west, are interested in.

EDIT: They have revealed and explained stuff before in FFXI. Most explicitly in fanfests, but also during updates where they would explain stuff as they introduced it. They are not crushing their own pride, you fucking fantasy writers.
    It's just a saying that you shouldn't develop games as if you had insider knowledge about everything. That is to say, you shouldn't design a level, puzzle or fight and assume the player knows what to do automatically. Which is why we have tutorials, hints etc, as a game developed for a developer would lack these things.

And while most people get their intentions (whether the like or agree with them or not), doesn't change that people don't seem to like having parts shrouded in darkness. There's a limit to what people want to find out, and usually involves whether they can find it out or not.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whats the total amount of points we have available @50?

Little disappointed seeing DoTs are supposed to scale with PIE. Mine is fairly high, and my DiaII still can't kill a Star Marmot in a single cast. It does maybe 5-10% of its HP per tick, so guessimating 50-100 damage? Meh I guess that's not terrible.. but still.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Whats the total amount of points we have available @50?

Little disappointed seeing DoTs are supposed to scale with PIE. Mine is fairly high, and my DiaII still can't kill a Star Marmot in a single cast. It does maybe 5-10% of its HP per tick, so guessimating 50-100 damage? Meh I guess that's not terrible.. but still.
    Should be 702 points.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I kind of wonder if Square developed this game with the thought that there would be people who would main a DoH or DoL class and not touch DoW or DoM classes at all.

It's kind of funny that the least applicable stats (to me) are now INT for DoW and STR for DoM, unless the mage is going to use a shield and solo (although I suppose a mage might not need that much DEX). VIT for HP, MND to reduce magic attacks, and PIE to increase resist against magic attacks all sound particularly useful for any class. Toss in the way stats affect crafting and gathering, and suddenly there isn't enough bonus points!

For the gathering jobs though, I noticed the stats that affect them include one DoW (STR/VIT/DEX) and one DoM (INT/MND/PIE) stat. Anyone have any experience to know if the stats add together or if the highest of the two is used? My VIT and MND are pretty high and I found mining to be fairly easy, but I was only doing grade 1 and 2 deposits and thought the ease of mining came from having proper gathering gear and an appropriate level tool.

Given the descriptions attributes probably mean less for crafting than it does for combat. At least this is before you start using any of the abilities you buy with guildmarks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeda View Post
    I kind of wonder if Square developed this game with the thought that there would be people who would main a DoH or DoL class and not touch DoW or DoM classes at all.
    I don't know, given that DoM/W gains differing amounts of SP than DoH/L. All of the rank 50 people are DoH/L's, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I don't know, given that DoM/W gains differing amounts of SP than DoH/L. All of the rank 50 people are DoH/L's, right?
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1006234

At the very least, pretty sure there's also an archer. Probably a few others as well.

Wish each job/class had it's own settings for stats. :/ Would make life 100000x easier and allow shifting around like in XI much better.