FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thorny can

same group has posted blue !! stuff like 5x in the last 3 days, gets old

like i said, we'd have another 10 pages if i posted every blue !! i've done this week.. not much different than failure calling out the people who got 3 jewels on cirein-croin(easiest t2 NM too..)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Just out of curiosity then, what drops do you think are worthy of being in this thread? I mean, almost all the best gear comes from abyssea now right? And if its easy to get because triggering blue isn't hard now, what does that leave as "impressive"?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What would be worth posting to you then? Dunno why it even matters, these threads don't see much action anymore and maybe not until next expansion.

Nothing's that impressive, but lack of variety is lame. Same group posting old drops gotten with the same technique, thoroughly meh. Like I said, no different than being unimpressed by a 3 gem pool.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

If nothing impresses you, why do you come to this thread then? Just wondering really. Seems like there is no reason to even look here.

Honestly, not trying to start a fight, just trying to understand your point of view. To me its like me turning on a baseball game and knowing I don't like baseball and then complain about how much I don't like baseball.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Just to be the dick to shit on peoples parade I guess.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Drks can use ridills for when they dual wield i guess?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well here's the interesting conundrum. If you're on BG, then you're striving to be the best. If you are striving to be the best, then you strive to get the best gear. The best gear for individual's classes (DRG, RDM, and so forth) is best for all individual's classes. Thus, everyone on BG will try to get the same set. On the other hand, people on BG should not post the same set of gear because it is boring.

Note that this is not an argument about the way it is, but what is considered "ideal". Notice the problem?

Probably should not post this, blue drop etc, but 1/27. would say 9 staggers through out my time farming him ended with no drop. so was pretty happy. I had similar awful luck on bullwhip belt too.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2161/...1118015711.png

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Harvest View Post
    Probably should not post this, blue drop etc, but 1/27. would say 9 staggers through out my time farming him ended with no drop. so was pretty happy. I had similar awful luck on bullwhip belt too.
    I obviously don't speak for Thorny, but when you finally get an item you've been trying for forever, it's kinda noteworthy and stuff. On the other hand, going and killing turul 4 times in a row and getting 4 Loki's for people that haven't even tried is pretty uneventful. All that being said, I think blue proc items are better than posting a grellowed loot pool which literally looks the exact same 75%+ of the time...least blues are something like 1/3 or 1/4 average. Regardless though, the same group/person spamming blue proc or grellow proc screenshots is lame...I mean, we get 10-20 grellows per Abyssea night 3-4 times a week, it's really really far from impressive, not just unimpressive to see 3 itemA + itemB

But how about some Galdr Ring pictures, they aren't real imo.

We should make a list of mobs and there drops, and then as people post them, we check them off. If someone else posts a pool from a mob that was already posted, we ban them. Thorny and Failure will be here to point out how they did it with less people and less time, acting like pchan.

For the gear thread, make a post about "be-all-end-all gear to strive for" and lock it. And if you have got the best gear, thorny and failure are still superior, and will repost that they are 40 times a day. "Failure + Thorny = teh best ffxi playerz evars" should be made a sticky (So that no one will read it, and they can continue to post the same)

Tarutarus still look the same, lock it.

Random fail can be kept open, because what is BG without pointing out others shortcomings to make ourselves feel better. Majority of Thorny/Failures ego stems from this. "Hahaha I can do this by myself while playing 5 accounts, infidels etc"

Gimp thread stays open for same reason as random fail.

Rename FFXI Media to FFXI Gimps and Failures, and delete every other post. Oh and if you post in the section, you're banned (cause thats the solution to everything, so Failure and Thorny can talk amongst themselves without using PMs) This is the only forum that posting in a topic is actually criticized and looked down upon. You're a fucking retard.

Oh, and add "Thorny's superior one liners : Bester than you I" and "Failure : Writing books for responses for everything I".

There you go, BG fixed. Fuck off.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelf View Post
    We should make a list of mobs and there drops, and then as people post them, we check them off. If someone else posts a pool from a mob that was already posted, we ban them. Thorny and Failure will be here to point out how they did it with less people and less time, acting like pchan.

For the gear thread, make a post about "be-all-end-all gear to strive for" and lock it. And if you have got the best gear, thorny and failure are still superior, and will repost that they are 40 times a day. "Failure + Thorny = teh best ffxi playerz evars" should be made a sticky (So that no one will read it, and they can continue to post the same)

Tarutarus still look the same, lock it.

Random fail can be kept open, because what is BG without pointing out others shortcomings to make ourselves feel better. Majority of Thorny/Failures ego stems from this. "Hahaha I can do this by myself while playing 5 accounts, infidels etc"

Gimp thread stays open for same reason as random fail.

Rename FFXI Media to FFXI Gimps and Failures, and delete every other post. Oh and if you post in the section, you're banned (cause thats the solution to everything, so Failure and Thorny can talk amongst themselves without using PMs) This is the only forum that posting in a topic is actually criticized and looked down upon. You're a fucking retard.

Oh, and add "Thorny's superior one liners : Bester than you I" and "Failure : Writing books for responses for everything I".

There you go, BG fixed. Fuck off.
    Holy shit, that's the best post in a while. fucking lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You're just mad because their mules are better than your main ect

Please find a post where I even remotely said anything along those lines. You're right that I wall-of-text a lot though!

Honestly though...please tell me the difference between someone posting a Joyeuse and a grellow pool, honestly, I'm curious. While you're at it, point out a post where I said I'm the best ever and better than everyone else? 'cause I definitely don't believe that, at all.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Skeelo View Post
    You're just mad because their mules are better than your main ect
    Their mules are probably better than 99% of the entire population of players. Doesn't mean it's fun to read about how awesome they are every day.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Please find a post where I even remotely said anything along those lines. You're right that I wall-of-text a lot though!

Honestly though...please tell me the difference between someone posting a Joyeuse and a grellow pool, honestly, I'm curious. While you're at it, point out a post where I said I'm the best ever and better than everyone else? 'cause I definitely don't believe that, at all.

No difference between the pools, we've seen everything from every mob already. Nothing is new except for the first 2 weeks of every big update, which is at what, every 3 or 4 months now? I'm guessing what you ultimately want is the drop thread to just be locked and that be the end of it?

@other points, effort and time involved, please do it for me.

Drop thread is to occasionally post interesting drops, it's a fun read at times.

Seeing 9 consecutive AV pools or 4 straight loki's from the same group is lame.. the last 5 pages are all the same gimp group thinking that blue !!s make them special. I don't see what's hard to understand. You don't see anyone else posting every single drop they get, and I guarantee most of us have gotten twice what that group did this week if not exponentially more.

Who cares what is posted? It's a drop thread, people post their drops. Where does it say "Post only if something new/done with a lowman strategy/most efficient way possible so you can go back to AFKing"? Oh, that's right, it doesn't. Shut the fuck up already.

Move over Sath, cause YOUR SHIT JUST GOT SAVIOR'D.

No difference between the pools, we've seen everything from every mob already. Nothing is new except for the first 2 weeks of every big update, which is at what, every 3 or 4 months now? I'm guessing what you ultimately want is the drop thread to just be locked and that be the end of it?
    No, and I also said I'm ok with blue procs in some situations...you really seem to have issues separating me and Thorny. Drop thread isn't about "oh we've seen every item", it's about "hey, that's cool, 'grats man!". Which c'mon, isn't the case on Joyeuse or any other 100% drop item. You do recall virtually everyone jumping on the joyeuse hate? But it's cool, now you're gonna flame me for saying the exact same thing about similar drop rate bullshit.

@other points, effort and time involved, please do it for me.
    AKA, "I can't find one, or even think of a single time you used those statements". Awesome, you sure are a quality poster. Fact is, I haven't made posts like that, I dont sit here and post "OMG I did it with less"...ever? In fact I've argued against Thorny on shit like that before (in regards to Kirin for sure). Really, you should stop assuming every post by me is by Thorny and vice versa.

Who cares what is posted? It's a drop thread, people post their drops. Where does it say "Post only if something new/done with a lowman strategy/most efficient way possible so you can go back to AFKing"? Oh, that's right, it doesn't. Shut the fuck up already.
    Where were you to defend the little people over the Joyeuse affair - and if you can't come up with a reason some of these recent pools are better than the Joyeuse one, get the fuck out.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast