Closed Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    best way to get 2 lvs for whm? (have kupo ring), shits stuck at 28
    There is thing that called exp party. I am pretty sure it still exist. Get some friend and level sync? With ring would take you like an hour at most.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

what's the best ranger weapon ? i know that's really broad question but what's general consensus on rankings of weapons including relic/mythic/empyr/trial/craft/drop etc
    top 5?
    also another random question is there a good rng forum out there?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

mnk/war or /nin cor Chloris?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

What's currently the best way of getting enfeebling skillups? I remember from my time before that you could get easy skillups casting para/slow/blind/silence on Om'Hpemde. I've tried this yesterday since a friend kind of boosted my BLM from 75 to 78 the day I returned to the game and I'm left with underleveled magic skills. However it seems like a very slow way of gaining skillups. I got maybe 0.3 after spending ~800 mp worth of enfeebling spells (excl. 1mp/tick refresh).

Also, abyssea is a vast place and there seems to be a lot added that I don't quite understand yet. Which things are extremely important to get/do when someone has just got abyssea access? I have got all the cutscenes that you get from trying to enter an abyssea area with traverser stone on you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by aspekt View Post
    Meleeing him is retarded, you would spent more time raising people than actually doing damage.
    What? We did it mnk,brd,whm,rdm/nin and the war and nin for !!. The monk punched him to death and kited when zombied. There were no deaths and it was an easy fight. The rdm/nin was to kite in case the monk died, but that never happened.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

mnk/war or /nin cor Chloris?
    /war, hits soft even /w counterstance up~

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Thanks and fuck at his evasion. Pizza next time and the fight will go a lot smoother. Almost got my shit fucked on yellow curry bun. 77% hitrate average (including focus)

Were we really this unlucky with Minax? in the ~5 times i've fought, one time he used the death move 3 times in under 3 minutes. another time he did death > death back to back tp moves. I've seen it far too often when trying to low man it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've only seen Minax kill people with his death move if multiple people are hit. It seemed the target was always safe to me, and I know he's never killed me with it. Sobek is more like a 1/3 chance in my experience. Just limit the number of people hit with it and you'll be okay.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks and fuck at his evasion. Pizza next time and the fight will go a lot smoother. Almost got my shit fucked on yellow curry bun. 77% hitrate average (including focus)
    I don't remember my accuracy being bad, but you can always just use a stawarts. Fight is less than 5min even with mnk solo damage, and it's an easier way to get the acc needed to cap off~

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

If you refer to the gimp/confused/wtf player thread, I didn't have one because of that worthless excuse of a 15k/hr in abyssea party I was in yesterday, lol.

But while we're here, strat?

Stalwart, counterstance, Razed ruin/(vv will do, no GH atm?), Afury when possible. Holy water spam when necessary?

If you refer to the gimp/confused/wtf player thread, I didn't have one because of that worthless excuse of a 15k/hr in abyssea party I was in yesterday, lol.

But while we're here, strat?

Stalwart, counterstance, Razed ruin/(vv will do, no GH atm?), Afury when possible. Holy water spam when necessary?
    Get one out of the temp items npc for 200 cruor <.< Pretty basic, it's like a 5 min fight mnk + whm using RR+VV.

@Briareus: Mages is cleaner, but if you have a good MNK it's really not an issue to duo RDM + MNK and is notably faster.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Should I be good to duo 4/4 NMs for Chloris or will I need something other than mnk for the adamantoise thing? I have 90 stones, so time to get this shit done.

Melee damage is fine on turtle. It takes -80-90% PDT/MDT while in shell and not casting, so make sure that if it's in shell you wait until a cast to WS.. ascetics easily takes 10% off, smite in the 15-20% range.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Should I be good to duo 4/4 NMs for Chloris or will I need something other than mnk for the adamantoise thing? I have 90 stones, so time to get this shit done.
    Only NMs leading up to Chloris that I've fought were the bat and turtle. Turtle is a joke /w MNK + mage. The bat can actualli hit kinda hard last I recall, so if you get unlucky with counters can take a decent amount of damage fast, but no reason you can't duo that with a mage either. I imagine Chukwa is going to be camped to hell with everyone trying for an Empyrean, you're better off finding a way to farm the zone for Gold Chests. If you're at a shortage for one particular key item can just target it specificalli after~ Since Glavoid drops items for Empyrean GAX+Dagger might not be too hard to team up with someone else when farming gold chests~

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Yea, I have 90 stones myself, my main problem is going to be getting someone to come along w/ en las adventuras de Chloris

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

As for the wiki chart for phal II, does it indeed cap at 30 reduction with the need of 350+ enhancing magic?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'd assume
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...bent_scale.png
    To be soloable on mnk.

That being said, how is their acc? Razed ruin and VV for DD, razed ruin and cloak/dagger for Evasion, or razed ruin and mounted champ for Chakra and Regen?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pretty easy to kill at 80 with just VV and a good Chakra set, so just go with RR.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

More of a speculative random question - but what seems more likely for the version update... Dec 6th, or Dec 13th (I just assume it'll be Monday, since it pretty much always is...)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast