Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Last Chloris related question for now. Rdm or whm for duo partner? Was thinking rdm cause para II slow II etc.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Our small group is going to try a Fell Cleave burn for the first time tonight. If we use a RDM puller, what would you guys recommend as the best Subjob for survivability on the way back to camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Last Chloris related question for now. Rdm or whm for duo partner? Was thinking rdm cause para II slow II etc.
    Assuming they have Minikin Monstrosity, WHM. Unlimited hate-free healing > tier2 enfeebles :s

Those Cure IV's are going to catch up with you eventually

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust View Post
    In the Blind II equation: "Accuracy down is calculated with the formula (Caster_INT - Target_MND + 100) / 4, and has a lower floor of -15, and a cap of -30""

Are the -15 and -30 percentages? Or just a raw point loss to accuracy?
    There is no % sign in there, so not sure why you would think it's a %.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    What? We did it mnk,brd,whm,rdm/nin and the war and nin for !!. The monk punched him to death and kited when zombied. There were no deaths and it was an easy fight. The rdm/nin was to kite in case the monk died, but that never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Get one out of the temp items npc for 200 cruor <.< Pretty basic, it's like a 5 min fight mnk + whm using RR+VV.

@Briareus: Mages is cleaner, but if you have a good MNK it's really not an issue to duo RDM + MNK and is notably faster.
    i went on a asupmtion that they dont have good mnk, because people shpuld know 90% of NM in abyssea can easily by duo with mnk and rdm(whm) at this point.

but yeah what you guys said, mnk and rdm is the minimal and fastest way to kill him.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

In my experience, Asuran Fists beats Ascetic's Fury outside of Abyssea. Inside Abyssea, Ascetic's destroys Asuran. When is Victory Smite better than either of these?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Pretty sure it's slightly better than Asuran outside of abyssea, and absolutely destroys Asuran and Ascetic's fury inside of abyssea.

Kinematics did some math on Alla forums. Victory smite w/ razed ruin by itself beats Afury/Asuran w/ any combo of 2 atma.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    In my experience, Asuran Fists beats Ascetic's Fury outside of Abyssea. Inside Abyssea, Ascetic's destroys Asuran. When is Victory Smite better than either of these?
    Everywhere

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Abyssea - Konschtat fame?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Turn in pictures of the T1 VNM (it sleeps) one per game day. There's no benefit to lowering its HP. You have to get past the first quest series first though, which involves a martello quest that you may or may not be able to do.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

That merit abyssite will have to wait then. I'll do Bhumi for 3/4

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by rithridan View Post
    Also, abyssea is a vast place and there seems to be a lot added that I don't quite understand yet. Which things are extremely important to get/do when someone has just got abyssea access? I have got all the cutscenes that you get from trying to enter an abyssea area with traverser stone on you.
    Sorry I can't remember names, but there are atma's that give you +3 minutes per stone. Those are nice to have to maximize your stones spent. Also, two atma's that lower the time for stone recharges by 4 hours each (so new stone every 12 instead of 20). One of these is easily solo'd. Look up the tonberry's near Tonberry Liege. Those mobs have a random chance to drop one when you pull/kill one. I got lucky and got it first time on SMN/WHM.

Someone else hear probably has name/location memorized, but this should at least point you in the right direction.

Then I'd start spamming some seal quests if you have a AF3 piece you really want to upgrade.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Abyssites of Celerity and Sojourn. Atma are key items must be activated per usage by the NPC to get the bonus, Abyssite are key items that are always active. I hate when people use the two words interchangeably, it just confuses people.

Celerity (stone cool down) come from the Wither the Whisker quest and Tonberry Bedevilers. One Sojourn is purchasable, two are nm drops(full ally gets it), the last is a quest reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    That merit abyssite will have to wait then. I'll do Bhumi for 3/4
    Save yourself a lot of headache, find a RDM friend to duo Mict with ;s

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can a rng/nin solo Chukwa? how long would it take, and what's a good pin spot for a ranger/nin to kill the T2 VNM in tharongi, want the gloves...?

Banned.

BG Level

Yes, a long time.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

hmmm, i ask as i have something like 327 minutes right now, working on unlocking trueflight, would holybolts with atmas and trueflight be the way to go? i assume i'm just gonna run him around that rock that's just south of turtle spawns.

will that same rock work for t2 vnm?
    (haven't done much ranger soloing, but i got a machine bow and i'm curious if it can put out decent enough numbers with atma buffs to justify attempting it, instead of just coming back on my rdm

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What is a decent gaxe for WAR, verhmeil bhuj/magian axe. Not WOE axe.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    What is a decent gaxe for WAR, verhmeil bhuj/magian axe. Not WOE axe.
    Pretty sure the 13weapon skill = 1 metatron ax is the highest base dmg you can get outside of emp/mythic/relic

but verhmel is also pretty good and relativly easy to aquire.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    Celerity (stone cool down) come from the Wither the Whisker quest and Tonberry Bedevilers. One Sojourn is purchasable, two are nm drops(full ally gets it), the last is a quest reward.
    BLM Tonberries drop it as well, and are less annoying if you have a method of stunning the -ga.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast