BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Which shows a thread from 2005 from a guy who* talks about watersday affecting droprates and won't tell us which mobs or drops he used to test with. I would hardly call any of that conclusive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Azuark View Post
    Wanna solo Deep Digestor, T2 Vnm in Aby-Kon, as 85 RDM /nin any tips? do i need mov speed? etc etc ty in advance
    He stops to cast pretty frequently, so movement speed isn't really necessary. It can be helpful if you're having trouble getting out of range of the -ga spells, though. If you don't mind pinning, he's fairly simple. I usually kite him around the mountain by Conflux 5, nuking when he uses single-target spells, and getting out of range for the -ga. At some point he'll switch from damage spells to AoE debuffs, and then he's an easy pin at the flowers nearby.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by fereydoon View Post
    Not sure about the /sam question, but wouldn't smite > smite do more damage then kick > fury/smite?
    Would Smite > Smite make a skillchain?

And oops, I initially thought Smite was Fusion based.

Ascetic's Fury > Victory Smite should = Light (for potentially massive damage)

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Which shows a thread from 2005 from a guy who* talks about watersday affecting droprates and won't tell us which mobs or drops he used to test with. I would hardly call any of that conclusive.
    Being an idiot doesn't mean he made the numbers up. Not sure why the mob or items really matter, unless you plan on verifying his results, or want to add to it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    He stops to cast pretty frequently, so movement speed isn't really necessary. It can be helpful if you're having trouble getting out of range of the -ga spells, though. If you don't mind pinning, he's fairly simple. I usually kite him around the mountain by Conflux 5, nuking when he uses single-target spells, and getting out of range for the -ga. At some point he'll switch from damage spells to AoE debuffs, and then he's an easy pin at the flowers nearby.
    I think this switch occurs when he uses a TP move, Promyvion Barrier. My Abyssite upgraded again after I made the connection though, so I couldn't check on another run. It's seriously a 5 minute fight, open with the MAB/MAcc Drink and Chainspell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Being an idiot doesn't mean he made the numbers up. Not sure why the mob or items really matter, unless you plan on verifying his results, or want to add to it.
    It's also only 2 items who are already fairly close to eachother in drop rates. Nothing in that test excludes it from being a percentage increase. It's just not enough to be used for anything other than speculation, nor is any other test I've seen through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Would Smite > Smite make a skillchain?

And oops, I initially thought Smite was Fusion based.

Ascetic's Fury > Victory Smite should = Light (for potentially massive damage)
    Smite > Smite is light, Fury > Smite is light. and if you have a sam or another mnk or whatever you can fury > smite > fudo/smite/whatever-else-makes-light for a three way, not too practical but fun

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    Smite > Smite is light, Fury > Smite is light. and if you have a sam or another mnk or whatever you can fury > smite > fudo/smite/whatever-else-makes-light for a three way, not too practical but fun
    This is correct. It seems the empyrean WSs work the same as the relic ones in terms of their level 3 properties. If you make a light or darkness skillchain using 2 WSs of the Light or Darkness property, you cannot continue it. If you make a normal light or darkness skillchain (Fusion + Frag, Distortion + Grav), you can continue that with a weapon skill with the level 3 property (relic, empyrean, campaign-only WSs?).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Anyone know if the following would run ffxi smoothly? New laptop with this:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M 1GB graphics with Optimus

Im hoping so.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreserve View Post
    Anyone know if the following would run ffxi smoothly? New laptop with this:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M 1GB graphics with Optimus

Im hoping so.
    New Invidia cards have trouble with ffxi, drivers don't seem to like it. More information can be found in the tech section, but the short answer is if you bought the laptop in the last 5 years, it should run ffxi fine.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    New Invidia cards have trouble with ffxi, drivers don't seem to like it. More information can be found in the tech section, but the short answer is if you bought the laptop in the last 5 years, it should run ffxi fine.
    The 400-series cards had problems, but the most recent set of drivers has 'fixed' them. I say 'fixed' because FFXI still drops frame rate in crowded areas or around teleport crystals on my 460, but it's not nearly as bad as it was pre-260.XX drivers.

EnterpriseMMX

Question about elemental trial path, the one required "finishing blow" on ice path, would i still get 5 points on ice weather? I was told "no" in /tell.

Edit: Or would it act like physical trial point by per member match trial path?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by EnterpriseMMX View Post
    Question about elemental trial path, the one required "finishing blow" on ice path, would i still get 5 points on ice weather? I was told "no" in /tell.

Edit: Or would it act like physical trial point by per member match trial path?
    You only get additional points from weather when the trial requires certain weather (day OR weather trials work also). So to answer your question, no.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    What would be better for MNK/DNC solo tanking WoE mobs? -25PDT 25% haste or -31PDT 19% haste.
    No direct answer to your question, but this got me looking into a -pdt set for monk.

VIT/-PDT Taipan Fangs +1 (-9% PDT)
    Arhat's Jinpachi +1 (-6%PDT)
    Arhat's Gi +1 (-9%PDT)
    Darksteel Mittens +1 (-2%PDT)
    Jelly Ring (-5%PDT)
    Patronus Ring (-2%PDT) (or dark ring from aby-kon if you're lucky to have one better than patronus)
    Black Belt (-5%PDT)

That'll give you -38%PDT and still leave give you 21% haste (blackbelt, tantra hose +2, fuma sune-ate). Nothing on that list is too hard to get, hardest would be tantra hose +2, which shouldn't be too hard, and even until you get them, you could have 20% from haidate or hose+1.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ditch darksteel+1 for aurore or ocelot...gain 2/3% haste at the expense of 2 pdt. Seems worth it?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Or use Denali Wristbands for -2% DT along with evasion, str and att. Not necessarily recommending, just noting as another option.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Where in the POL viewer folder is registered accounts for member list? My friend doesn't remember his password(cause it's saved) and I'm going to be using his mule.

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

To those who have played FF7:

Does this song sound familiar to you?

This song has so many familiar elements in it, such as the way of how its arranged. The mystery feel to it, strong high's and low's and especially all the instruments (strong'ish violin and calm piano and several others).

Have i gone crazy or why does this remind me of FF7... or something else possibly?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

What's the dat file for abyssea field music?

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast