BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by From old thread
    Does sobek's tyrant tusk cause death more often than minax bugard? Cause in all the times I've killed minax that move never death'd me on mnk (although has killed a mage a couple times). Other than instadeath cheap shit it seems like it'd be pretty easy.
    From my experience, the proc rate seems about as rare as minax's version. Awful eye does petrify+hate reset, so that's a bit annoying, but heavy bellow doesn't seem to reset hate like minax's does.

Banned.

BG Level

eh...

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Maybe someone here can answer this odd question for me that never gets answered. Just for the sake of knowing, why do some adult wamoura have red sparklies and others do not?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Maybe someone here can answer this odd question for me that never gets answered. Just for the sake of knowing, why do some adult wamoura have red sparklies and others do not?
    Perhaps it's a way of distinguishing which ones are the evolvers and which are just normally placed Wamoura?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Perhaps it's a way of distinguishing which ones are the evolvers and which are just normally placed Wamoura?
    This.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Are all/some/none of the key items to pop Briarius part of the potential loot pool of gold pyxides?

Banned.

BG Level

Yes, all of the KIs in visions areas can drop from chests. Except a few specific ones like tonberry, but idk which, if any others that applies to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Thanks. Otherwiki had me second-guessing myself.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    From my experience, the proc rate seems about as rare as minax's version. Awful eye does petrify+hate reset, so that's a bit annoying, but heavy bellow doesn't seem to reset hate like minax's does.
    Have to disagree here. Just did 4 Sobeks earlier tonight. His Tyrant procs death much, much more than Minax. Done a few dozen Minax and it's only procced maybe twice, and we had 2 or 3 procs per Sobek. Gonna want more than one person who can tank or hold it. Also, it seemed to be more likely to proc the closer it was to death. I think we only had 1 death before 50%, but below 10% seemed to be a 50-50 toss up.

Then again, this is just eyeball parsing, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Low man for Briareus? I am talking the minimum.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Have to disagree here. Just did 4 Sobeks earlier tonight. His Tyrant procs death much, much more than Minax. Done a few dozen Minax and it's only procced maybe twice, and we had 2 or 3 procs per Sobek. Gonna want more than one person who can tank or hold it. Also, it seemed to be more likely to proc the closer it was to death. I think we only had 1 death before 50%, but below 10% seemed to be a 50-50 toss up.

Then again, this is just eyeball parsing, so take it with a grain of salt.
    2nd'ing this. Sobek just took turns dropping half our ally last we fought it. Bring a few people that can tank it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In the Blind II equation: "Accuracy down is calculated with the formula (Caster_INT - Target_MND + 100) / 4, and has a lower floor of -15, and a cap of -30""

Are the -15 and -30 percentages? Or just a raw point loss to accuracy?

Why does this thread still exist? Look at advanced 6 months ago; the same few threads on are the front page still, with others that are relevant/locked for asking one question. When will it split so that advanced actually looks like there is something new to offer?

ib4: "Quit bitching"; genuine question here. Why is making a new topic so shunned upon? If it's not used, it'll get pushed back page wise, but searching for it will be easier.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Looking at the entire front page of Advanced is rather depressing seeing how the bottom lists as far back as early October, but the expectations here have always been that only new information can deserve its own topic. As the amount of new information is limited to 7 new zones + whatever older content was aggro'd in the past two updates, those threads exist. The lack of an evolving policy is what breeds the creation of this thread, and the limits of Advanced. RQT is the most entertaining thread in this section, because of its freedom. You won't change the opinion of those stuck in their ways of "this is advanced?" so learn to live with it or move on.

As well, the broadness of those topics just further emphasizes how organized information has never been a specialty here.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust View Post
    In the Blind II equation: "Accuracy down is calculated with the formula (Caster_INT - Target_MND + 100) / 4, and has a lower floor of -15, and a cap of -30""

Are the -15 and -30 percentages? Or just a raw point loss to accuracy?
    Not to quote myself.. but..

Assuming my Thief is fighting a level 95 mob using 482 evasion (348 skill, 98 agi, 48 from bonuses, 37 from gear) and parsing at 60% evasion, that would put the mobs accuracy at about 372

Assuming Blind II is a % after all calculations, that's be a 72% evasion rate (30% of the remaining 40% removed)

Assuming Blind II is a raw 30 accuracy drop that'd bring mob accuracy to 342, meaning when all the equations are done, evasion would be at a 75% for a 25% hit rate, assuming:
    Code:
    Hit Rate = 75% + (Accuracy - Evasion)*0.5% + (Attacker's Level - Defender's Level)*2%
    In this case:
    Code:
    75% + (342 - 482) x 0.5% + (95 - 85) x 2% = 25%
    Assuming Blind II is a % of Raw Accuracy however, It'd floor hit rate at 20% all the way up to a little over 478 accuracy.

So at worst it'd be 20% more evasion, at best 33%, but which is it?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If 20 new threads are made a day instead of 20 new posts in the RQT, it becomes harder to sift through all the trash and find when something genuinely new and worthwhile is discovered. I also think RQT is good for finding out things you wouldn't go looking for yourself ("oh, that thread doesn't look relevant to me, I'll not open it), but stumble upon as interesting bits of knowledge.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesio View Post
    Low man for Briareus? I am talking the minimum.
    2-3 rdm bounce hate. Depends on playskill and gear 4 is very easy.

Did him tonight with full alliance since people needed atma. But, the fight itself was a joke, had rdm and blu kite, smns for hateless damage, and dd on side tp on pixies. Blm can do some nice damage but need to be careful for hate.

Meleeing him is retarded, you would spent more time raising people than actually doing damage. You can always do the height difference, buri didn't want to take my chance with SE.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

best way to get 2 lvs for whm? (have kupo ring), shits stuck at 28

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast