1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 7 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 2 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    ?_?
    I agree with Lucavi, their way of naming stuff is pretty silly. Hm, it sounds a bit like besieged/campaign?
    BUT THEY CAN'T CHANGE DESIGN
    1) I told you, man! I don't know where they dig this stuff up.
    2) I'll believe it when I see it. Seriously. A "different UI" could simply mean larger icons on the side for mouse clicks. That doesn't say anything about the UI lag, or anything about any problems, really. They've listed no actual changes in the UI other than the fact that its "geared" towards mouse and keyboard, though, to be fair, if that's slated for PS3 release, then we're so far away from it that its understandable. I'll take their word on it, but until we have more information on what exactly they're changing/speeding up/slowing down, I'll have to believe it when I see it. It'd have to be a radically different UI for me to say that its some kind of "design change", as I don't consider larger text boxes or different icons a design change.

Shit looks good, though, and of course its damage control, Mioko. Don't try to make excuses; for whatever reason (we all have our assumptions on it), the mess was released early. Now they're working on fixing it, and letting everyone know through plans how they're going to fix it. For what it is - simple text promises - it looks good.

Edit: Hyan, if its anything like Campaign, then you already know how I'm feeling about it. I want to see screenshots of whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    All of this looks great, but it's still missing a simple addition of regular quests. NPC quests. Not go here, kill this, collect reward. The stupid things.. You know... like Fear of the Dark, and all those mini quests. Simple in design, but served a greater purpose for getting fame and all that.
    This is what I immediately thought of as being missing from the list. I'm hoping they start appearing and were just left off the list somehow. All of the side quests and self-contained stories in FFXI really helped to flesh out the world.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    2) I'll believe it when I see it. Seriously. A "different UI" could simply mean larger icons on the side for mouse clicks. That doesn't say anything about the UI lag, or anything about any problems, really. They've listed no actual changes in the UI other than the fact that its "geared" towards mouse and keyboard, though, to be fair, if that's slated for PS3 release, then we're so far away from it that its understandable. I'll take their word on it, but until we have more information on what exactly they're changing/speeding up/slowing down, I'll have to believe it when I see it. It'd have to be a radically different UI for me to say that its some kind of "design change", as I don't consider larger text boxes or different icons a design change.
    Well IDK, but this is what they're saying:

Changes to main menu display format
    Changes to inventory list display format
    Improvements to various user-interface layouts
    Improvements to the Interactions menu
    The addition of a help text window
    The reorganization of on-screen information
    The reformatting of existing widgets, allowing for access of multiple windows at the same time

(The addition of drag and drop functionality
    The addition of mouseover popup help text
    The addition of right-click menus
    The addition of a feature that will allow the cutting and pasting of macro buttons from the macro palette)

If none of that is 'changing the design', I don't know what you people consider 'changing the design', lol.

Once estbalished, companies will be able to work towards acquiring their own communal assets, such as buildings that can serve as headquarters, or ships that can be used to access multiplayer content.
    Dynamis-Open Sea?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Dynamis-Open Sea?
    More like Ballista.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The addition of new main scenario quests
    The addition of new class quests

I hope they will call them Main Scenario quests in the future too. They're not really class quests..
    I don't think that's what he's after and I must agree the game need some regular quests, not bound to your class or the main story. They did exist in FFXI after all and even if most were a pain to finish due to lack of information given I miss them now.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    I don't think that's what he's after and I must agree the game need some regular quests, not bound to your class or the main story. They did exist in FFXI after all and even if most were a pain to finish due to lack of information given I miss them now.
    But do we have anything else to go on other than "they did exist in FFXI so XIV needs them too"? Give me something :/

I certainly hope they will lower the first class quest requirement to around rank 1~10.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The patch notes sound nice and everything, but do we know when in November this patch is coming? SE just killed my motivation to skill up any of my sub-r20 jobs until the patch, which is mostly what I've been doing in this game. Assuming SE isn't going to recalculate job ranks based on the new sp rules (or they would have said so), it means that between now and the patch I would be killing myself to grind out piles of sp for no reason. I guess I'll go play Fable 3 for a few weeks.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I'm a little disappointed that Eorzea won't be complete within these two major version updates, there's so many areas blocked off with invisible walls and i would just really like to see Ishgard. There's nothing like new areas to explore but it's a little pathetic when the areas that you're supposed to have access to are going to be the "new areas". These updates are a good start, if they keep on this path, then i can see ffxiv to be really popular in the future.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

But do we have anything else to go on other than "they did exist in FFXI so XIV needs them too"? Give me something :/
    Easy and accessible content to make the world a more living place? I don't really know what you're after here. Would it be a bad idea or something?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that Eorzea won't be complete within these two major version updates, there's so many areas blocked off with invisible walls and i would just really like to see Ishgard. There's nothing like new areas to explore but it's a little pathetic when the areas that you're supposed to have access to are going to be the "new areas". These updates are a good start, if they keep on this path, then i can see ffxiv to be really popular in the future.
    I think it's kinda useless to introduce the zones when there's nothing to do in there. Even Coerthas and Mor Dhona would be useless right now if it wasn't for some mobs to grind on and few ??? markers for the main scenario quests. That's probably why they're there.

I'll still be surprised if Ishgard doesn't open in March though!

Easy and accessible content to make the world a more living place? I don't really know what you're after here. Would it be a bad idea or something?
    But I don't see why class quests is not what you seem to be looking for, when they can achieve just that as well.

Class quests for rank 1~10 would be a nice addition.

Truth is, Aizen is currently head of SE and it was all just as planned:

December - March, new FF11 content, level cap to 99.
    April, FF14 is finally playable.
    May onwards, FF11 users can finally hop to FF14.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    That doesn't say anything about the UI lag, or anything about any problems, really.
    I'm not one for these sorts of debates but:
    Gameplay Improvements
    As part of the version update scheduled for November, areas within the game will be partitioned across several servers to mitigate load-balancing issues and increase response times. In addition, a general restructuring of user interface (UI) operations will lessen lag and sluggish response times.
    I am no game developer, or game critic, or game journalist, or whatever the fuck all of you are, but I mean, I read pretty clearly they were #1) working on UI lag, #2) making a new UI for kb/mouse, #3) keeping gamepad UI, #4) turning japanese

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

also right click menus clearly prevent this game from ever being on a Mac

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It would be nice to have some npcs that actually move in the game, they are all statues who sit in one spot. This has been mentioned before but since we are on the topic of making the world seem more lively and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi
    Well IDK, but this is what they're saying:

Changes to main menu display format
    Changes to inventory list display format
    Improvements to various user-interface layouts
    Improvements to the Interactions menu
    The addition of a help text window
    The reorganization of on-screen information
    The reformatting of existing widgets, allowing for access of multiple windows at the same time

(The addition of drag and drop functionality
    The addition of mouseover popup help text
    The addition of right-click menus
    The addition of a feature that will allow the cutting and pasting of macro buttons from the macro palette)

If none of that is 'changing the design', I don't know what you people consider 'changing the design', lol.
    If you read carefully, to me it sounds like the UI change for keyboard/mouse users is unrelated to the changes you quoted. Let's break it down:

Furthermore, a new UI geared towards users playing with a mouse and keyboard is currently being designed, and will hopefully be ready for implementation in a coming version update.
    Furthermore implies new information that we have not yet seen.
    a new UI reinforces this.
    currently being designed they can't even give details yet, because it's not finished being designed. As opposed to stuff they've already mentioned, which is much more detail oriented.
    hopefully be ready We're not sure when we can even get this done, so no promises on time yet.
    in a coming version update but certainly not in the Nov/Dec update, or the First Update of 2011. Because those are already scheduled and laid out.

That's my interpretation anyway

Too bad we have to wait until March for a delivery feature.
    There's nothing in these update notes that says the first update of 2011 is in March. In fact, I would be very surprised if they are not going to release any updates for 3 months after the December update. I'm putting it around late January or early February.

New Odin
    BG Level

That may be the case. It is, however, a bigger change than larger text boxes and different icons.

And even that said, "design change" doesn't have to be anything big either. Small tweaks can have a huge impact, sometimes. Not in this case though, as different icons would be lol-worthy.

Say, if they changed the Guildleve CD from 36h to 2h and made Anima restore by 50 per day, that's a pretty big design change and not too hard to implement.

There's nothing in these update notes that says the first update of 2011 is in March. In fact, I would be very surprised if they are not going to release any updates for 3 months after the December update. I'm putting it around late January or early February.
    Obviously.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Llane

All these changes makes me happy =D

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, this just sealed the deal for me never going back to XI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast