1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    If they did, there would be very little to realistically complain about. Not fun :/
    Most people already know all of that. There's an excellent interview with Kenji Imafune that goes over a lot of that. I'll try to dig it up if it can.

Does it really matter, though? Should the public, who pays these companies, simply give bad games a free pass because the suits above the devs have no idea how to sit on their fingers and wait for a game to be finished?

This isn't some situation where once you know the facts behind why things are the way they are, things are just magically better. This has been the standard for well over a decade now, and the only difference between now and then is the fact that the cracks are starting to show with increasing alarm, due to the fact that it simply takes so much time to make a decent game now.

I don't care if its the Devs fault, or the shareholder's faults, or the President of the company's fault as a consumer. All I want is a good product, and its the entire company's job to provide that product. If they don't, then they have failed, and it doesn't matter whose fault it is.

Like the complaints would suddenly stop if you gave every customer who bought this game a manual stating that "its not the devs fault! Blame the Shareholders and the ignorant President!" That doesn't even begin to stop the bleeding; clear, consistent, and rapid changes, however, do.

We'll see if these upcoming changes can right the ship's course.

Edit: Also, Hyan, if you want to look at it that way, then modifying phalanx to insta-block an attack constitutes a "design change". I'd certainly hope you understand what I mean by a design change.

Allowing for more freedom of moment with the PCs - that's a design change.
    Overhauling the combat system - that's a design change.
    Reworking mob AI to not be so... erratic - that's a design change.

Some of what they listed -are- design changes, yes. If they do anything to remove the abhorrent UI lag, I'd constitute any and all of that as a major design change, and quite possibly a philosophy change, considering that they were/are so adamant about keeping this send/receive ping-pong game between our PCs and their servers for every button click we press.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I don't care if its the Devs fault, or the shareholder's faults, or the President of the company's fault as a consumer.
    But I do, and it pisses me off when I see wrong people getting blamed for all the shit.

You may be content with having false assumptions, but I am not. The truth is never irrelevant.

If you don't want to look like an ignorant idiot, that is.

Fuck, it's like bitching at a random company employee about something implying it's his fault things are the way they are. That just makes my blood boil.

Is this the American way?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Well looks like I'll definitely be playing more come late November. Cannot wait for these changes.

<--- See avatar. Yes We Can!

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Definitely happy with the changes and even more happy that SE is continuing to do a superb job outlining what they are doing. I know I'll have to "see it to believe it", but they are making a great effort to show that they are listening to the community for a change. Outlining three updates and hitting many of the complaints is a million times better than just doing an update and leaving us to wonder "well what about X problem as well?!"

It looks like they have learned from their FFXI mistakes. Here's hoping the implementations can make this game great.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    But I do, and it pisses me off when I see wrong people getting blamed for all the shit.

You may be content with having false assumptions, but I am not. The truth is never irrelevant.

If you don't want to look like an ignorant idiot, that is.

Fuck, it's like bitching at a random company employee about something implying it's his fault things are the way they are. That just makes my blood boil.

Is this the American way?
    Are you kidding me? You're more concerned with the fact that someone within a company fucked up over the fact that you bought something that was fucked up?

Seriously? The flaws of the game don't matter, so long as you know WHO is responsible for the flaws?

Wow.

Release a quality product. That should be the only thing that matters, ESPECIALLY when knowing who's fault it is doesn't change the fact that the product is shit. We can't even confirm with 100% accuracy whose fault it was. We're all going on past knowledge and experiences with other companies. SE has yet to release anything saying whose fault it was, and they will not, so why should it be a concern? All that matters is that they either fix the problem or stop releasing shit altogether.

New Odin
    BG Level

Are you kidding me? You're more concerned with the fact that someone within a company fucked up over the fact that you bought something that was fucked up?

Seriously? The flaws of the game don't matter, so long as you know WHO is responsible for the flaws?

Wow.
    Because it is too hard to be concerned about both at the same time?

Both are important to me, because I'd rather not look like an ignorant idiot if I can affect it.

Release a quality product. That should be the only thing that matters, ESPECIALLY when knowing who's fault it is doesn't change the fact that the product is shit.
    Product this, product that. Whatever you say doesn't change the fact that blaming wrong people makes you look retarded. That should matter to you. I certainly hope so.

And even more importantly, If you don't care whose fault it is, why do you keep bringing them up? It doesn't seem to be relevant to you, but I don't see it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Someone doesn't look like an idiot for saying a game is shit. Someone also doesn't look like an ignorant idiot for saying its the company's fault that the game is shit. People are allowed to point fingers all they want.

When people don't like what my job's parent company is doing, (and to be honest, no one -BUT- them likes what they are doing) they call who they can actually talk to, and complain to us. They know we can't do anything about it; we know we can't do anything about it, but they always tell us that it just helps to know that someone is listening, as useless (overall) as it may be.

Its the same deal here. The president and shareholders of SE aren't listening, and don't give a shit. The devs, however, are the ones that are (supposedly) listening. Why NOT bitch to them - the one group that actually hears you, the consumer - when they had a hand in the overall product?

You're living in a fairy-tale, Hyan. Think realistically. Just because you know who is ultimately responsible yet complain to whoever will listen in the same company doesn't make you ignorant. Stop being so haughty and pedantic.

Thread shitting: where there's a will there's a way.

New Odin
    BG Level

Someone doesn't look like an idiot for saying a game is shit. Someone also doesn't look like an ignorant idiot for saying its the company's fault that the game is shit. People are allowed to point fingers all they want.
    But "someone" does look like a fucking idiot for saying it's the developers fault when it is not the case.

Funny that you didn't include that example.

When people don't like what my job's parent company is doing, (and to be honest, no one -BUT- them likes what they are doing) they call who they can actually talk to, and complain to us. They know we can't do anything about it; we know we can't do anything about it, but they always tell us that it just helps to know that someone is listening, as useless (overall) as it may be.

Its the same deal here.
    Lolno. People are blaming the developers -all the time-. They don't just bitch to them- they think the problems are THEIR fault. There is a fucking massive difference here over talking to someone they know isn't at fault. You have done this, most people that bitch here have done it- but you seem to have a selective memory. If it helps your argument, of course it is good to make use of it.

You're living in a fairy-tale, Hyan. Think realistically. Just because you know who is ultimately responsible yet complain to whoever will listen in the same company doesn't make you ignorant. Stop being so haughty and pedantic.
    Now that you're done with that irrelevant argument of yours, can we get back to what I was actually talking about here?

We could also continue in PM's, as I doubt no one but us two cares :D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Alot the stuff looks pretty good, we'll have to see if SE can pull through wit it all (and where the hell is my "horsebird" at!?)

also the building thing will be a interesting feature... for the people that continue to play will be the dominant success of future guilds in making their own... buildings/ships (like the craters that will have multiple lv 50 crafts by then). The people not playing as much will suffer greatly... good thing or a trap to keep motivation on playing to work toward that? O_o

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ I don't think they will. Capping them would take away from the fact that they consider crafting jobs "main" jobs just like melee or magic jobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

To bad no adjustments to battle UI, shit is Terrible.. And unless I missed it, doesn't look like they fixed battle targeting or anything related to combat. And lol at promises of better UI in future updates (Inc ps3 release)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    To bad no adjustments to battle UI, shit is Terrible.. And unless I missed it, doesn't look like they fixed battle targeting or anything related to combat. And lol at promises of better UI in future updates (Inc ps3 release)
    November/December:
    Combat: Improvements to the targeting feature

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

Can we make the "This patch sucks/is too big a file/won't download for me" thread now in anticipation?

Combat: Improvements to the targeting feature
    This was F8ted to happen.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    This was F8ted to happen.
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    To bad no adjustments to battle UI, shit is Terrible.. And unless I missed it, doesn't look like they fixed battle targeting or anything related to combat.
    This is a strange thing to say, considering that an entire section of the table is devoted to Combat. Did you actually read it? (serious question) >.>

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just the typical pessimistic crap because people apparently can't change their outlook on something when they have every reason to.

On the whole FFXIV being rushed by the top theory, it does make sense. SE was having a bad year and FFXIV being a booming success would have changed it all around. Unfortunately it only hit mediocre numbers. The report covers a time period that ends shortly after FFXIV's release date.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast