1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    It would be nice to have some npcs that actually move in the game, they are all statues who sit in one spot. This has been mentioned before but since we are on the topic of making the world seem more lively and such.
    Battlewardens!

But yes, NPCs need to be more dynamic.

Also, what will those trade outposts be used for? The ones that are in the r10-leve areas?

Vacht

Well, when it comes out in march it should be very playable on PS3... >_>

Keep up the good fight fellas <_<

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I find this "it's not the developers' fault! the suits ruin everything!" stance to be rather amusing.

I don't know about you, but when I talk about "the developers", I'm not talking about the programmers, or the testers, or the writers, or the monster designers, or any of those individual components. I am talking about the company that developed and produced the game: Square-Enix. So to say that it's not the developers' fault that someone in SE pushed this broken product out the door is patently nonsense; if some bigwig at SE is responsible for instituting some absurdly unrealistic deadline-to-ship, it's still SE that's responsible.

I don't care if the decision to implement entirely server-side UI was made far above the head of the combat designer, or the code monkeys, or the janitor; the fact is that SOMEONE at SE signed off on it, and so I rightfully hold SE responsible. A properly-run company has smart people in key decision-making positions that are supposed to say things like, "Hmmm, I think we should hold off on going gold until macro pronouns actually work correctly" or "We should probably implement some sort of 21st century MMO economy before we start shipping retail." And raising the objection that the programmers probably said the same thing means nothing if the People In Charge overruled it.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I find this "it's not the developers' fault! the suits ruin everything!" stance to be rather amusing.

I don't know about you, but when I talk about "the developers", I'm not talking about the programmers, or the testers, or the writers, or the monster designers, or any of those individual components.
    So when you are talking about "the developers", you are not talking about the developers.

Yes, amusing indeed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Can i post the haters gunna hate picture or has that been done already?

PS: I came when i read the OP. Came again when it processed in my brain and then came a third time when i realized i already like the game and its going to get better.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

How about addressing the issue that when their faulty servers crash, it boots you off of a leve.

I just lost a 100 faction point leve that I turned in 5 completed for, and lost 2000 gladiator marks when their server had some error and booted me (happened several times today). Activated the level, got instantly kicked, and lost it all. That isn't fair.

Im furious.

I really hope they fix the linkshell limitations. They weren't very specific in the "next year" patch, but this is actually a huge problem for the big linkshells.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    So when you are talking about "the developers", you are not talking about the developers.

Yes, amusing indeed.
    I'm sorry, which company was it that developed this game, again? I'd like to know which one my ire should be directed to.

You seem to be arguing over which particular SE employee we should blame. Nobody (besides you) cares; they are all employees of Square Enix, so it's perfectly appropriate to blame Square Enix (the company) for their product. If you want to interpret that statement as actually blaming the receptionist or the security guard, that's your own fault.

Vacht

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I'm sorry, which company was it that developed this game, again? I'd like to know which one my ire should be directed to.

You seem to be arguing over which particular SE employee we should blame. Nobody (besides you) cares; they are all employees of Square Enix, so it's perfectly appropriate to blame Square Enix (the company) for their product. If you want to interpret that statement as actually blaming the receptionist or the security guard, that's your own fault.
    I think Hyan is boy genius of the shortbus. I think hes like 13, arent you hyan?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lythandies Demeris
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

Most of the problems pointed out in beta are actually mentioned. Square might salvage this game yet.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sankakucomplex still hasn't reported on this. Pretty obvious how much of a naysaying faggot that guy is at this point.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I've lost total interest in Ffxiv due to all the negativity surrounding the bad release but i'm starting to get interested in it again. I'm definately going to be playing Tera online when that comes out but there's no reason why i can't play two different mmorpg titles at the same time, that's quite a good idea actually as i have way to much free time on my hands. I will have faith in Square Enix again as they made a major commitment to fix their wrong.

List looks great, hopefully its all put in rather well. I want to know what they are doing to skill point gain. Please got get rid of the random skill ups D:

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll be waiting, in my lab.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

9 Hours, no GM response to having a leve reset, because of a faulty server issue. Awesome. Useless GM's -- at least that part of 14 is nostalgic of prior days in a SE MMO.

We ARE talking about the upcoming fixes to the game, correct? So, that'd be my two cents. Fix the issue where players are automatically "failed" on a quest when D/C'd, booted, etc. That needs to be addressed. And if you don't think it does, you haven't been booted during a leve. Very, very frustrating, especially when it "costs" so much on a faction leve.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    The market wards are a bad design. One example of when it is the Devs fault. It was their vision and they oversaw the design process, and I doubt it would have been any different if they'd been given more time. When people say XIV is shit and its the devs fault, some of it *is* the Devs fault, so their comment is valid. Unless you wish for them to list of the percent of whos-fault-is-what every post.

Seriously, do you have to fuck up every thread with your bs?
    Isn't the entire design of the market wards a supposed stand against RMT? Would that not be a management decision?

Regardless, I think the point is that they are not only getting set to right their wrongs, but also being communicative before-hand (of course, this suits them, as it regains optimism and trust just before the trial-period ends)...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet View Post
    9 Hours, no GM response to having a leve reset, because of a faulty server issue. Awesome. Useless GM's -- at least that part of 14 is nostalgic of prior days in a SE MMO.

We ARE talking about the upcoming fixes to the game, correct? So, that'd be my two cents. Fix the issue where players are automatically "failed" on a quest when D/C'd, booted, etc. That needs to be addressed. And if you don't think it does, you haven't been booted during a leve. Very, very frustrating, especially when it "costs" so much on a faction leve.
    They have to be very political about such things, as I do believe they are trying to combat RMT/exploitation first, and please the community second. If you allowed someone to continue a leve after being D/Ced, where do you draw the line? There is definitely the chance of exploitation there, so I think they are being quite political with such choices and trying to find the best work-around.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dense View Post
    They have to be very political about such things, as I do believe they are trying to combat RMT/exploitation first, and please the community second. If you allowed someone to continue a leve after being D/Ced, where do you draw the line? There is definitely the chance of exploitation there, so I think they are being quite political with such choices and trying to find the best work-around.
    What do you mean "Where do you draw the line?" No line need be drawn. If you d/c during a leve, it should stay active for the remainder of the time alloted. When you log back in it would be as if you were just standing around for 5 minutes doing nothing. What you've already killed will stay killed, what's still alive will still be there to attack. Might suck to lose those couple minutes but it's way better than having to wait 2 days to reattempt it and/or lose your faction credits permanently. How is this exploitable?

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Shut the fuck up about this shit, for fucks' sake.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

sounds good.. guess I'll be coming back to XIV in late Nov..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast