1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    That would be silly. Nobody cares about physical level, rank is the "main level" of FFXIV. I always laugh when people in LS remark that their physical level dinged.
    That's why it should carry some merit to it. Is it only meant to give you a small boost for leveling new classes?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It gives you attributes. Why wouldn't people care about that?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It gives you attributes. Why wouldn't people care about that?
    Because of the stat caps per rank. With the SP gains for DoW and DoM being batshit random, most of them are stagnant in the 20-30 range. Even DoL and DoH have their "hell ranks".

So, all those extra sparkly points don't mean shit for improved performance when you are already capped on the stat for a rank/class. Add in basically anything you do in this game,(kill, gather, craft) grants you XP. A lot of those times it's in an insane amount compared to the random SP gains from battles and the low cap of 500(sans leves).

Joe Blow crafts XYZ Item and gains 300SP and 1800XP.

Levels don't gain access to more story, quests, or leves tiers. Yea...that is why people don't care about levels.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You're not going to cap all your relevant attributes on a class that's not lower than 25 or something.

Sure, when you go back to a lower-rank class, you're easily hitting the cap for your STR/VIT/DEX/MND, but not when you need them in the 80s and 90s to hit the cap and are paying 3 points per attribute.

Can you honestly tell me that you get excited every time your physical level dings? I honestly don't give 2 shits about a physical level ding, and most of the time I forget to even allocate my points until I have like 3 levels worth of points sitting there unallocated.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    You're not going to cap all your relevant attributes on a class that's not lower than 25 or something.

Sure, when you go back to a lower-rank class, you're easily hitting the cap for your STR/VIT/DEX/MND, but not when you need them in the 80s and 90s to hit the cap and are paying 3 points per attribute.
    This isn't wrong, but that's like... one merit in Level's proverbial cap, compared with about 15 in Rank's cap. Rank determines just about everything in the game, from growth to skills gained to freaking plot progression.

Level determines... raw attribute points. Okay. That could have been melded into Rank with no problem. Its almost a wasted system at this point if they aren't going to further incentivize Level.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I honestly don't give 2 shits about a physical level ding, and most of the time I forget to even allocate my points until I have like 3 levels worth of points sitting there unallocated.
    Good for you... and I am making the assumption that people are not caring so much about it yet because there's no content that challenges players. Do you think people would have cared at all about a meriting their STR by one point while they were starting out, grinding jobs from 1 to 50? People went apeshit over the same points when there was content that they needed to perfect... not killing crabs.

As soon as there are battles that push the limits of (to-be) established strategies, people are going to care a lot more about pushing their attributes as close as they can to their caps as soon as they can.

Personally, I like leveling up physically because that usually means I can cap out my Accuracy/Attack/HP/MP/Defense/Magic Defense for another rank of whatever my main is... it also implies that I need to do a lot less reallocating to work on multiple classes and/or crafts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7