Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Spoiler: show
    The whole purpose of Lilisette being in the past was to save her father from a curse he succumbs to a few years after the Crystal War.

He isn't dead in the (S) era yet though.
    I know that he's still alive in [S], but he is dead in our version of the present, which lead me to believe from the get-go that Lilisette was not successful.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    I know that he's still alive in [S], but he is dead in our version of the present, which lead me to believe from the get-go that Lilisette was not successful.
    Well, wasn't Lilisette's main reason to come back to try and stop Ragelise from becoming infected by that black goo back in like mission 10 (@La Vaule/Davoi)? No idea which mission exactly, been way too long since I saw the shit. That she failed and iirc (again, way too long ago because SE is a slow fuck) would result in the demise of Ragelise some years after or right after the crystal war. Then again, iirc (XD), the crystal war should have ended at the battle of Xarcabard, but Lilith fucked that up. So basically the "history" we have now in the story isn't our real history I guess.

Tagus

All u nerds that deactivated your accounts need to suck it up and finish this shit... I started again on monday and i've been farming seals for AF3 for probably 10 or 12 online hours, and I'm already 5/8!

FUCK YES

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Lastly the bit about "drenching the pages of history with blood and tears" leads me to believe that Ragelise dies and the entire purpose of Lilisette using the maw was for naught.
    I wouldn't be too sure about Ragelise dying at the end. I mean let us think about it for a moment.

In all the other expansions we the player have been the savior and been able to save all the central characters. In the original expansion we save Raogrimm and his group(sort of) in Dynamis. In RoTZ, we thought Lion died, but we end up saving her in Apocalypse Nigh. In CoP, Esha'ntarl tells us pretty much at the end of the entire main expansion of CoP that not a single soul was lost. In ToAU, we free Luzuf from Odin and save Razfahd from the astral plane. So, I don't see how we wouldn't be able to save Ragelise though I'm incline to believe we'll have an Apocalypse Night type thing to wrap up things.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I wonder if we'll get to see more than a flash of bright light and a tear from Altana this time seeing as she
    created our reality when it seemed all hope was lost. I forget the exact reference, but I'm pretty sure Lilith's time line is the correct path.

Not that far off from the exact reference. Shadow Lord rapes all of Altana's children, Lilith starts building her own Shadow Brigade, Altana slits her wrists and creates an alternate timeline where she didn't fuck up so bad, a litter of kittens are born from the blood of her arms, cats turn on the Atomos Hoover-Vac to suck up Lilith's (real) timeline, but Lilith gets pissed and sics the vacuum on both timelines instead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

She isn't exactly sending Atomos on her timeline. Atomos consumes alternate realities only allowing the true reality to exist. In the 'real' timeline, the Allied Forces couldn't beat the Shadow Lord and the Battle of Xarcabard was a failure. In their despair, the survivors made a pact with Odin for power and have been fighting nonstop since then. It was in the last legit set of missions that all this is revealed (not this past one which was a waste of time and should have been the finale.. >.> <.<). I'd have to check, but Altana created our timeline out of the wishes of the people to not live in a world of constant conflict. But yeah, Atomos is now just doing his job and so we're just gonna change reality and all that.

I don't see how we could be stuck doing anything but a 1v1 battle against our doppelgangers as otherwise, it'd have to be a 6v6 battle (or however many you go in with). Also, our doppelgangers were wearing different pants and boots than us -- should give us those as the reward, bet they're awesome~ (also match the SL set, so based on those stats, should be great).

Sidenote: We're totally what Doc Brown and Marty fought against..

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    I hoe that we get a one on one fight versus ourselves.
    I imagine my WHM-taru-fight would be rather comical, consisting of low-damage paddle-thwacking drawn out by copious amounts of self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    Maat 2.0? No thanks.
    Well, if I can coast through WHM-style again, I don't mind. The RDMs I know would have a fit, having to go through that again.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i just hope the reward at end of it is decent

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Yubar View Post
    In ToAU, we free Luzuf from Odin and save Razfahd from the astral plane.
    Was this at the end of the ToAU storyline or some extra quests afterwards? For some reason, I don't remember those parts.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumBurst View Post
    Was this at the end of the ToAU storyline or some extra quests afterwards? For some reason, I don't remember those parts.
    They were quest after the ToAU storyline in particular the Odin and Alexander avatar quest.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The only thing keeping me going in this game is the ending to this storyline. I love it and I'll be sad to see it go but it'll be worth it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I do hope the reward is decent ... Im guessing it will be and I would love to see the tie-ins its leading to... if any :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So am I the only one who wonders why the fuck we have a pure white feather? I mean, I get the whole "Wings of the Goddess", but that shit hasn't been explained yet.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Are... are you serious?

Your character is a Champion of the Dawn... a Wing of the Goddess... you use the Pure White Feather to access the Maws... the Maws that Cait Sith opened... Cait Sith being Altana's representative created from her tears...

Its really not a stretch to figure out.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't think there's much to explain.

Feather. Wing. Herp.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

wtf... thought this was a new topic...

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think what he meant was, will there be a purpose to the feather outside of just using it for the maws.

I don't know though, it does seem pretty fucking self explanatory.