Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wings of the Goddess Missions Finale! (11/11/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Wings of the Goddess Missions Finale! (11/11/2010) http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../5908/5908.jpg
    The world of Vana'diel, a vast tapestry woven of myriad tales...
    Yet many are the stitches that have remained hidden from the plain sight of mortals.

At a long struggle's conclusion, the heretofore untold ending to a history-shaping event will finally be revealed!

Read on for a glimpse of the revelations that lie in wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    The world of Vana'diel, a vast tapestry woven of myriad tales...
    Yet many are the stitches that have remained hidden from the plain sight of mortals.

At a long struggle's conclusion, the heretofore untold ending to a history-shaping event will finally be revealed!

Come what may, you must ever keep faith in the future that you wish to be. The world whose survival you desire.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...908/5908_3.jpgUpon a routine visit to Grauberg, you find yourself confronted by an evidently flustered Cait Sith. What could possibly have occasioned her distress?

You've made a habit o' questionin' our motives, cat, but what o' your own?
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...908/5908_6.jpgThe time is come to settle the score with the Four Spitewardens. With both factions resolute in their conviction, a clash of epic proportions must ensue...

I shall cast aside the shackles of your false goddess and preside over the world as its rightful ruler!
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...908/5908_9.jpgThe Walk of Echoes—the crossroads of reality and time—is where the final battle between futures will be waged. And when the dust settles, only one reality will remain...

The will of mankind, tempered in the forge of death and suffering...
    The hope of the Goddess, nursed in the cradle of Her love and benevolence...

In their bid for continued existence, two unyielding sides will lock horns and drench the pages of history with blood and tears!
    I hoe that we get a one on one fight versus ourselves.

That wouldn't be that hard to accomplish since they did something similar for the NPC level 70 cap, and that was just for a side quest thing not a huge amount of people do.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What the hell... I stopped playing this game 2.5 years ago, and they're just now finishing WotG? Crazy. From what I remember, the story was only about at the halfway point then. Enjoy it everyone. I wanteed to stick around til the end of the story, but am glad I decided against it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    I hoe that we get a one on one fight versus ourselves.
    Maat 2.0? No thanks.

Spoiler: show
    My money is on a Lilisette vs. Lillith fight, with the players assisting. Overdone, but fitting imo. Squeenix loves to rehash.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Come what may, come what may, I will love you, until my dying day.

Hopefully much more gratuitous Cait Sith action! I love that kitty!

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    Maat 2.0? No thanks.
    LOL, imagine if that is how you get to 99!

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Kinda sad that I won't get to see the conclusion of this story but I don't feel like reactivating my content id and then trying to still find people to get caught up in the missions, since I never did beat the one Sandy mission where you had to fight the Behemoth, which I was stuck at for like a year before giving up on it. This'll be the only expansion that I never fully beat, ah well, such is life.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    LOL, imagine if that is how you get to 99!
    One-on-one versus a Meteor-casting Magian Moogle.

Looking forward to completing this storyline as well. They say settle the score with four spitewardens (when technically, there should only be two left) so it looks like a fight against Ragelise, Portia, Larzos AND yourself. Wonder how they'll pull that off.

Trigun

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Come what may, come what may, I will love you, until my dying day.
    "...and when the answer that you want, is in the question that you state..."

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    One-on-one versus a Meteor-casting Magian Moogle.

Looking forward to completing this storyline as well. They say settle the score with four spitewardens (when technically, there should only be two left) so it looks like a fight against Ragelise, Portia, Larzos AND yourself. Wonder how they'll pull that off.
    I like how Ragelise is using a Hofud to go with the whole theme of him being Odin-bound now.

I assume the fight will be in stages with Larzos/yourself being first, then Ragelise/Portia and finally ragemode Lilith. Finally we'll get another epic piece of music to end another expansion pack.

Lastly the bit about "drenching the pages of history with blood and tears" leads me to believe that Ragelise dies and the entire purpose of Lilisette using the maw was for naught.

But Ragelise is dead, isn't he? >_>

Wouldn't really make sense for her plan to have worked.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Lastly the bit about "drenching the pages of history with blood and tears" leads me to believe that Ragelise dies and the entire purpose of Lilisette using the maw was for naught.
    That, or Ragelise's death prevents Lilisette from ever being conceived, thus preventing the rise of Lilith.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This reminds me that I still need to do the missions from the last patch. Hope we get a nice new ring since this expansion took fucking forever.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

after waiting this long, I hope the reward is something along Rajas Earring ....

New Odin
    BG Level

This tidbit just makes me all the more interested about next year. All we know is that the level cap will be raised to 95...

Apocalypse Nigh 2?

4th Abyssea exp. pack?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    This tidbit just makes me all the more interested about next year. All we know is that the level cap will be raised to 95...

Apocalypse Nigh 2?

4th Abyssea exp. pack?
    on one of the scars of abysssea pages on their official website, feels like they are hinting to a 4th expansion by claiming the fallen Champions of Abyssea, which left their armor behind for us to pick up and upgrade AF3..

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    But Ragelise is dead, isn't he? >_>

Wouldn't really make sense for her plan to have worked.
    The whole purpose of Lilisette being in the past was to save her father from a curse he succumbs to a few years after the Crystal War.

He isn't dead in the (S) era yet though.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post

Apocalypse Nigh 2?

4th Abyssea exp. pack?
    I too feel that the storyline so far in Abyssea seems to hint at more than another expansion. We haven't even met the resistance leader of Abyssea yet and it would be a shame if that's rushed in the final (?) expansion. Plus, Abyssea rocks XD

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Would kill for a "Maat 2.0".