1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes

View Poll Results: Were the update notes enough to get you to pay?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I was not planning on renewing, but now I will pay for at least 1 month.

12 6.86%
  • No. I'm still not renewing after the free trial expires.

53 30.29%
  • I was always going to renew anyway.

67 38.29%
  • I'm still on the fence.

43 24.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

hey guys, I'm on the fence about being a lesbian. Because I have absolutely 0 interest in women whatsoever. None have gotten me wet, but hey someday somewhere I might find some chick hot, so you know, I can't call myself straight.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Good try.

Your in a fucking forum dedicated to final fantasy. Is it really a stretch to think you would be on the fence about the game based on your cata comment in this forum? Read what you said again. At this point the way your arguing I don't think you remember.

If you were in a forum about lesbians your counter point wouldn't have sucked.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Good try.

Your in a fucking forum dedicated to final fantasy. Is it really a stretch to think you would be on the fence about the game based on your cata comment in this forum? Read what you said again. At this point the way your arguing I don't think you remember.

If you were in a forum about lesbians your counter point wouldn't have sucked.
    I clarified for you on the last page what I meant by the cata comment. try harder.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Staghelm

I somehow imagine that trying to reason with Charlie Sheen would be ridiculously similar.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't remember who is was, but eons ago in the ffxi forums, somebody once said "SE has a knack for promising us the moon and giving us cheese." I'm not trusting these update notes in the slightest bit until they are actually implemented. Even then, if they are implemented perfectly, all that does is makes ffxiv the game it should have been in september. I have no doubt that given time, this game can be really good, but it needs time to grow, and I'm not going to spend any more time/money on it until it is filled out. There are too many other good MMOs out there.

While people are intruiged by the poll, it worries me. So few people are voting in general, it makes me feel like a lot of people have left the game all together and aren't looking back, which means that no matter how good they make it in the future, SE may have lost a lot of the original potential fanbase. I hope that's not true though, and its just another example of why internet surveys don't work. And to anybody who thinks this poll shows that people love this game, you really need to take a statistics class lol. Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying your wrong, I'm just saying this is very much not a representative sample.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I clarified for you on the last page what I meant by the cata comment. try harder.
    Why, Ksandra, why?! Stop feeding... it. It only grows larger with each meal!

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Why, Ksandra, why?! Stop feeding... it. It only grows larger with each meal!
    AGREED. I can't believe you're participating in this trainwreck of an "argument" Ksandra.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I"M BORED AND IT"S COLD OUTSIDE.

[edit] and you guys should enjoy imagining me as a lesbian so don't hate!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not enough to get me to pay. I'll play again in a couple months.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

you guys should enjoy imagining me as a lesbian
    Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    Not enough to get me to pay. I'll play again in a couple months.
    :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Results of this poll only proves that, (like some people have been saying all along), its the vocal minority that insists on bashing the game relentlessly. While most level headed rational players are either sticking around until dec/mar. Or going to give the game a second look at that time or when cata gets old.
    yes because 111 ppl are a good poll of all the BG players who have, at one time, played XIV.

p.s: Ksandra, lets go meet up and have lesbian sex

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still on the fence until stuff is implemented.

Assuming all the Nov/Dec stuff does get implemented, and it isn't just an alternative broken mess to the current broken mess, I'll pay to play after the Dec patch, till at least shortly after the "early '11" update and we see how well that is implemented (which I think is intended for pre-March, since they didn't clarify it as "March 2011", so maybe they're just wanting to be sure of what they can get out sooner and what will have to be pushed till March, along with stuff they haven't mentioned yet because they don't want to extend themselves too far without being sure they can meet the deadlines). If that's implemented well also, I'll probably be in for the next year or so, till we see what newer alternatives offer out of the gate.

It's late, and maybe I'm just a sucker, but I'm hopeful again. ~ Still not really interested in WoW and nothing else really seems interesting that isn't at least six+ months into '11, I was tired of being depressed that I didn't want to play the game I had wanted to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    yes because 111 ppl are a good poll of all the BG players who have, at one time, played XIV.

p.s: Ksandra, lets go meet up and have lesbian sex
    If anything, the very fact that only 111 people have voted so far should say a lot on BG's general interest about this game.
    Before it was released, you'd have silly polls with 400 or so votes within a couple of days.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You could also say something about how most people who continue to play and/or enjoy the game stopped caring about how shit-filled and bitter this forum has become... especially threads with titles indicating they are going to be full of retarded back and forth boo-hooing about the results of said poll. Ironic!

Either way, it's amusing when people try to make a forum poll represent anything besides the people who voted.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    You could also say something about how most people who continue to play and/or enjoy the game stopped caring about how shit-filled and bitter this forum has become... especially threads with titles indicating they are going to be full of retarded back and forth boo-hooing about the results of said poll. Ironic!

Either way, it's amusing when people try to make a forum poll represent anything besides the people who voted.
    It would be nice if everyone who voted made a post, even if it was a blurb not relevant to any current back and forth, and if everyone who made a post in the thread voted (which doesn't always happen). There are never enough posts in a thread with a poll to actually signify everyone who voted, opinions aren't always as cut and dry as poll options, and when you have people who have been defending the game or enjoying it more also not renewing or even "on the fence", it says something.

The forum may not have degenerated as badly as it did, or at least those of us posting negatively may have been forced into fewer threads sooner and been issued warnings/bans, if "they" had been contributing. Maybe not, but I remember an almost overwhelming amount of negativity (of which I was part, admittedly), and not really anybody posting about their fun and/or enjoyable experiences. Granted, they may have been flamed, but I saw people speaking negatively get shouted down once or twice, so maybe what we needed wasn't necessarily less bad opinions of experiences, but more good ones.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Voted for option 1.

Well, since I already got the game and have a pretty cool supportive LS. Might as well give it a go.

I"M BORED AND IT"S COLD OUTSIDE.

[edit] and you guys should enjoy imagining me as a lesbian so don't hate!
    I have no imagination. I require pics.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The update notes did nothing for my confidence. The recent 4games interview, however, did. That site keeps pumping out high quality interviews with big names in Japan. I'm actually looking forward to March, now, with a comfortable smirk; I'll be waiting to see how good this game can become by then.

Someone at SE gets it, and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    The update notes did nothing for my confidence. The recent 4games interview, however, did. That site keeps pumping out high quality interviews with big names in Japan. I'm actually looking forward to March, now, with a comfortable smirk; I'll be waiting to see how good this game can become by then.

Someone at SE gets it, and I like it.
    Link?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by blythe View Post
    Link?
    http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/27553...73#entry422673

Square Enix learned a little bit about PR.