Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I remember reading on this forum that HP bonus from SS is lower than EH; exactly how much lower is it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Atma of the Beyond still adds a general 30 MAB, so Bliz 4 or no that's still a massive buff to an automaton nuking. If the PUP isn't going to be meleeing anyway you may as well.
    Ok, how about *please* quit derping all over the forum? Read this again: "automatons cast their highest nuke not whichever one you picked an atma for". And even if you could tell them to downgrade to blizz4, it would still be less damage than letting them do aero 5 with atma of gales like pups actually do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    So I remember reading on this forum that HP bonus from SS is lower than EH; exactly how much lower is it?
    Ebon Hoof is 30% HP
    Sanguine Scythe is 20% HP

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    With what jug though? Flowerpot Merle?
    It depends what you're fighting. Anything that's big on physical attacks and I'm tanking with a bst pet, Dipper is just nuts. Between pet agi/evas axes and gh's agi + counter along with spiral spin, you can get most abyssea mobs (especially visions) below a 50% hit rate, and floored crit rate. And that's just guesstimation since I don't have GH, and can get pretty close to that on anything, and better than that on most visions stuff already.

Merle CAN counter though right? Making GH even crazier? I mean it's a MNK type mob so...

Ridill
    BG Level

Merle can counter yes, but he has pretty shitty damage, low hp (which makes no damn sense), worthless tp moves, and barely above average evasion.

Nazuna can pop a 50% berserk, though, which can add a bit of edge to VV. Really can't go wrong with anything on top of RR for physical pet needs, though.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Atma of Dread, aka TH atma

Our career THF tried this atma out a while back and everyone in the linkshell noticed a reduced drop rate for items opposed to not having atma of dread on. When he purged it, we began noticing that drop rates were back to what they have been before, both in boss pops and boss seal drops. Is this the general consensus among THFs, or did we get hit with 'shit is random' period?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposition View Post
    Atma of Dread, aka TH atma

Our career THF tried this atma out a while back and everyone in the linkshell noticed a reduced drop rate for items opposed to not having atma of dread on. When he purged it, we began noticing that drop rates were back to what they have been before, both in boss pops and boss seal drops. Is this the general consensus among THFs, or did we get hit with 'shit is random' period?
    could either be
    A-Shit is random
    B-Seeing as how Ambition doesnt stack with other movement gear, its possible Dread conflicts with TH gear.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

^

Either way, it's not lowering your drop rates.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

random game is random

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Ambition doesnt stack with other movement gear
    Was this ever proven? Because I was fighting an NM with a friend, both using Ambition, he had wlegs and I had nothing and he was running a lot faster than me.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorablue View Post
    Was this ever proven? Because I was fighting an NM with a friend, both using Ambition, he had wlegs and I had nothing and he was running a lot faster than me.
    He wasn't using ambition then, he probably said he was and used clipper

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorablue View Post
    "Proved" it myself. Main character on RDM with w legs + ambition, THF mule with skadi feet. Set thf to /follow me and ran in a long ass straight line. THF kept up with me the whole time.

So what would be the most effective combo for PLD?

On the one hand, Mounted Champion + Stronghold (or Vicissitude, but I like SH better personally) would give you a nice fat boost to attack, def, VIT and a ridiculous 35/tic Regen. The only conceivable problem here is the wording on MC about the enmity loss is extremely poor - Is it reduced enmity loss when taking damage, or do you lose more enmity when hit? Shit's situational of course, with Higher HP being ideal for mobs that relentlessly spam high damage attacks, but the Regen could also prove useful I'd imagine, particularly with WHM getting Regen IV this update. In fact if I'm not mistaken, with all potential Regen Buffs (this is purely for shits and giggles here) I think it's actually possible to break 100 HP/tic now... or get damn close to it.

But I guess for more practical use, what about Sanguine Scythe & Ebon Hoof? I was considering Impregnable Tower but the resist sleep is probably better idk (is magic acc even relevant to PLD for anything but Flash? and even then...)

What's the exact enmity gain on SS? Sadly it appears to be the only Atma that directly increases enmity but it also gives a nice chunk of HP. I just don't know if that Extra enmity is worth sacrificing another 10% HP gain over IT.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

First step. Get RR/VV atma.
    Second step Job change to something else other than pld.
    If using a pld to tank anything you are doing it wrong and badly at the same time.

Edit: or you just feel sorry for the guy on pld

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

^ this. it's really really sad, but true. my pld is nice and blingy, my ninja hadn't been touched in a year and it runs circles around my pld. and out dd's my drk. /sadface.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

I really honestly don't see what all the problems are about PLD tanking, I do it fine lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    I really honestly don't see what all the problems are about PLD tanking, I do it fine lol.
    They aren't arguing that PLDs are bad at tanking. They're arguing that PLD is an unnecessary amount of safety when everyone has 2k+ HP, there's Scherzo when you need it, and there are !!s to proc.

ONLY if you're playing with people you know who are competent. There are simply too many retards out there who (at least in my experience) routine fuck up the simplest things, like triggering Red !! when the mob's not casting or readying TP or even worse, not TP'ing on the fucking Boss.