Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Please Read This BEFORE Asking Any Abyssea Questions.

This is my attempt at filtering out 80% of the Random Question Thread with the same questions asked over and over about Abyssea (I'm looking at you, Ephemerals). If any of my information is wrong, or there is missing info, please do tell and I will fix it.

1.) All Ephemerals in all Abyssea zones (that INCLUDES Visions zones) give enhanced aura strength. The general consensus is that the higher level the Ephemeral is, the stronger light it gives. EM-VT Ephemerals generally give the equivalent of ~10 lights, more or less depending on the Ephemeral's level.
    --> The color of the aura surrounding the Ephemeral just designates its element, and thus, what TP move it will use. Nothing more, nothing less.

2.) All regular Abyssea NMs give enhanced lights, but not at the same rate as Ephemerals (~5-10 depending on the level of the NM).

3.) All non-Avatar Abyssea NMs give guaranteed Pearl lights. Thus, killing 6 or so tier 1 VNMs for pearl auras is a great way to cap.

4.) Two decently geared 85 RDMs can kill anything in Abyssea. Anything at all ever period. As can MNK RDM BRD or MNK WHM 80% of the time.

5.) Visions zones (La Theine, Konschtat, and Tahrongi) Gold Pyxides drop every NM-spawning key item except Twisted Tonberry Crown. Scars Zones (Abyssea-Misareaux,Vunkerl, Attohwa) only give four key items, for four different NMs. You need to kill the other NMs required to get the key items to spawn the higher tier NM you seek.

6.) General !! (red/grellow/blue) points.
    --> !!'s will not proc if the monster is charging a TP move, executing a TP move animation, casting, or executing a casting animation.
    --> If you stun them while charging a TP move or casting, you must wait until the actual animation is over before attempting to proc the !!. If you want to stun a monster to allow players to proc !!'s, it must be done while the monster is not doing anything.
    --> Different colored !!'s will stack with each other.
    --> If one color of !! is repeated, it will lower the drop rate of whatever that color activates.
    --> Whatever you do, for the love of God do not call "grellow" !!'s 'green' or 'yellow'. They are Grellow, nothing more, nothing less.
    --> Abilities (weaponskills or spells) that proc !!'s of any color can be resisted partially or absorbed, and will still proc !!. However, completely resisted spells (notably, threnodies/enfeebles that can get fully resisted) will not proc !! if they are what would proc it.
    --> 'Stagger' messages show up to everyone in range, regardless if they are fighting the monster or not, or what filters they have on, similar to "xxx is paralyzed" messages. So be careful if you are fighting a NM near another group doing the same, and trying to proc any !!'s. Check for visual confirmation first and foremost.
    --> --> Also, if you are posting a chat log screenshot of a stagger message to argue a claim, make sure that no other groups were in your vicinity, so as to ensure that the stagger message was from the monster you were fighting.
    --> !! weaknesses are determined on the elemental day (grellow) and time (blue) of the monster's claim (free-roaming) or spawn (item-popped NM). That is, if you start fighting a monster at 23:00 Lightsday, and you're still fighting it by 8:00 Darksday, its Grellow weaknesses will still be within Electric/Light/Dark elements, and its Blue weakness will still be blunt.
    --> --> However, if the monster goes unclaimed and passive, its weakness set will be reset upon next claim.

7.) Red !!s.
    --> Red !!'s guarantee that any/all key items the monster can drop will drop. If it is a single key item, it will go to the person who spawned or first claimed the monster. If it is a key item that drops to everyone in a party/alliance, the key item will drop to everyone who is in the popper/claimer's party when the monster dies. Meaning, if the person who spawned the monster drops out of the party/alliance he was in when the monster dies, nobody in the party/alliance will get the key item.
    --> There are thirteen elemental WS's that can proc red !!, and only thirteen, no more, no less. See them here. A WAR and NIN with the right weapon skill levels can cover all of them.
    --> There is no trick to figuring out which weaponskill it is - it is random among the thirteen.
    --> There are NO exceptions to this. No other weaponskills will proc red !!'s.

8.) Grellow !!s.
    --> Grellow !!'s greatly increase the amount of seals that can/will drop from a monster that drops seals, and increases the amount of 'trophy' items used in Magian trials that drop.
    --> Spells of the element of the current day, previous day, and next day all have a chance of landing grellow !!. That is, the elemental day of the monster's claim (free-roaming) or spawned (item-popped).
    --> Here is the list of spells of each element that work. There is some dispute about the conclusiveness of this list; but it is generally agreed that everything in it does work.

9.) Blue !!'s.
    --> Blue !!'s increase the odds that the monster's rarest item will drop. Usually this is a job-specific AF3 accessory, but not always. Note that this does not ensure the drop, only increases its odds (the odds, and how much they increase, vary from monster to monster).
    --> Certain physical weaponskills will proc blue !!, based on the time of day the monster was spawn or claimed, not the current time you land the weaponskill.
    --> The full list of what weaponskills will proc at what time is here. In short:
    6:00 - 14:00 = Piercing
    14:00 - 22:00 = Slashing
    22:00 - 6:00 = Blunt
    Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and weaponskills above level 75 do not count. Quested weaponskills do.
    --> No, blue !!'s do not guarantee the drop of the monster's rarest item, they simply raise it to ~80%. Your Mileage May Vary.

10.) Ironclad Pulverizer, and Landing Red !! on him.
    --> His regular attack animation counts as a TP move. You must hit him with a WS while he is completely idle. There are no special WS exceptions for him, he is susceptible to the regular 13.
    --> The best way to go about proc'ing red !! on him is to have someone kite him at a distance of 20 yalms or greater. As long as he is 20 yalms or further away, he will not attempt to swing. Let the DD's stand in his path, and when he gets in range, spam the elemental WS macro or menu command.
    --> There are no special exceptions to Ironclad Pulverizer. If you tried all 13 WS's and didn't get one to proc, you're doing it wrong.

11.) "Can my friends and I kill (insert NM here) with our setup...?"
    --> For the love of Rog, list what Atmas you and your friends have, and a rough generalization of gear quality and skill level.
    --> See point 4.

12.) "Should I use (piece of equipment A) instead of (piece of equipment B)...?"
    --> These questions are pointless if you do not list what other gear you have equipped, and in cases of Abyssea, what Atmas you equip/use.

13.) "You're wrong, I threw a Pebble at Eccentric Eve and got a purple !! to proc!" (or other generic "You're wrong!!" post).
    --> Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously, it's getting pretty ridiculous in the Abyssea/Random Question Threads. Give proof of your claim if it directly conflicts with something offered as fact.

14.) Still have a question?
    --> Search before asking.
    --> SEARCH BEFORE ASKING.
    --> SEARCH BEFORE ASKING!!!

Hopefully, if people actually notice this and read it, a lot of the clutter in the Random Question thread will be reduced. idk though. worth a shot.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Someone's killed bukhis with mnk rdm brd?

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

8.) Grellow !!s.
    --> Spells of the element of the current day, previous day, and next day all have a chance of landing grellow !!. That is, current day, not day of spawn.
    This is actually day claimed last I heard, not current day. Has that changed?
    --> There is a list of spells somewhere in the forum, but it's long and tedious and almost always in conflict. In short: All tiers of white and black magic, all tiers of elemental ninjutsus, and all offensive songs have a chance of proc'ing if they are of the appropriate element.
    Blue magic can as well.

Banned.

BG Level

except Twisted Tonberry Crown (needs confirmation)
    Correct. And thanks, i was really getting tired of answering that first one multiple times per page.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    Someone's killed bukhis with mnk rdm brd?
    news to me, POIDH \o/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Added blue magic to grellow !! list, fixed MNK BRD RDM comment, and removed confirmation request from Twisted Tonberry Crown.

Banned.

BG Level

For the love of Rog
    This should totally be used regularly.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You should get confirmation on Yellow (Because fuck green) !! trigger because we've actually attributed many of the exceptions to the NM spawning on a prior day. The same goes for blue !! since spawned or claimed makes a difference (See: VNM).

The love of rog is a lot like seeing a movie. You spend $8 to spend 2hrs in a room where the floors are sticky, the air permeates of popcorn, and all the screaming and laughing just annoys you instead of adding to the experience. Needless to say, it's a waste of $8.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    The love of rog is a lot like seeing a movie. You spend $8 to spend 2hrs in a room where the floors are sticky, the air permeates of popcorn, and all the screaming and laughing just annoys you instead of adding to the experience. Needless to say, it's a waste of $8.
    I'd pay $3 for it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

So this list of 8 spells of each element to trigger yellow is fake?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    WELL MAYBE IF YOU READ #6, I WOULD ANSWER THAT!

Hey, it's good work! Someone should really sticky this!
    Thanks!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Hey, it's good work! Someone should really sticky this!
    Thanks!
    If it was stickied, then everyone would ignore it.

Silly goose.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    If it was stickied, then everyone would ignore it.

Silly goose.
    Fuck this is sadly so true

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    WELL MAYBE IF YOU READ #6, I WOULD ANSWER THAT!
    My LS has been using this one for a month. Unless a mob is really spammy with casting or tp moves, we never miss grellow.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    No, the list is correct.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zadimortis View Post
    --> Abilities (weaponskills or spells) that proc !!'s of any color can be resisted, partially or completely, or even absorbed, and will still proc !!.
    False, debunked earlier tonight, sorry.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    False, debunked earlier tonight, sorry.
    Absorbed too?

Doesn't pulverizer try to curb stomp people in its path? Not sure what good spamming your ele ws macro will do.. either it goes off or you lose all your tp and get an out of range message.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by kittycatrag View Post
    Doesn't pulverizer try to curb stomp people in its path? Not sure what good spamming your ele ws macro will do.. either it goes off or you lose all your tp and get an out of range message.
    He's using spam in the "Get it done" sense rather than the "SMASH X MAN" sense. Pulv does not attack unless its target is within 20' (I heard 16, but w/e). Have people line up in a line and always face forward to do the WS (Never adjusting) for when the NM is in range. If you try to adjust for it, he can move out of range if he makes a weird turn. If not, then your WS should land assuming you're smart enough to time it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast