Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'd attribute that to a combination of Empyrean weapons being relatively easy to put together(and being at the height of their popularity) and your potential sellers having put the Chloris or Ulhuadshi set together predominantly for the trial item. I suppose there's also a small part of the playerbase who still believes the R/EX item <-> gil exchange is the root of all evil, but the likelihood of wanting to buy something from a tardgroup of that caliber is low.

Regardless, Empyrean weapons are only a faction of what can be purchased from a pool of spoils, even if they do make the most impact.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Silly logic is silly. Everything in Abyssea can be purchased.
    Really? Because everyone here is too busy worrying about getting their own shit to let some IGE retard (thats always the base assumption, anyways) buy his way into gear he shouldn't have because he doesn't have enough friends to kill it. Besides, you know what i meant. Shit on AH or in bazaars, mainly.

I know exactly what you meant, and its what I was referring to when I said your logic was silly. The number of relevant things you can purchase with gil hasn't changed. Period.

If anything, the value of gil has gone up tremendously, because you'll often run into people who aren't willing to part with their loot pool to some "RMT loser" unless you offer them a substantial amount more than its worth(at which point morals are no longer applicable, of course).

Tagus

If anything, the value of gil has gone up tremendously
    Wat

This seems to be the exact opposite of everything I see.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

The number of relevant things you can purchase with gil hasn't changed. Period.
    ...do you still play? Not being a jerk, honest question. Crafting is dead. DEAD. temps killed alchemy. af3/random abyssea drops killed the rest. 95% of the AH'able gear is not relevant anymore. The only reason people go to the auction house anymore is for food and ninja tools.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's really going to depend. If the people farming R/EX stuff value gil (For whatever reason, "rational" or not), then gil has increased in value because . . .
    1. Buying stuff saves you time
    2. Stuff that you would want to buy (Read:Empyrean+AF3+2 items) are expensive

What really collapsed was a "market" in a collective sense. Mercenaries will soon become the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    ...do you still play? Not being a jerk, honest question. Crafting is dead. DEAD. temps killed alchemy. af3/random abyssea drops killed the rest. 95% of the AH'able gear is not relevant anymore. The only reason people go to the auction house anymore is for food and ninja tools.
    Are you illiterate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    Wat

This seems to be the exact opposite of everything I see.
    You. Same question. Stop responding if you're not going to read what I said less than five posts ago.

Tagus

You. Same question. Stop responding if you're not going to read what I said less than five posts ago.
    Oh, I read what you said. I just disagree with it entirely, and my first thought when I read it was actually, "does this guy still play"... because I couldn't even imagine trying to argue that gil has MORE value now than before in the scope of the game. The statement is fucking retarded. I'll let you argue it out with guitarman, though. I'm not really in the mood, and I'm sure you're just bored and trying to entertain yourself.

What don't you understand about the relative value of gil rising? Buying things off the auction house is either as expensive or less expensive than buying them from a loot pool, because often times you're required to add extra incentive to get anyone to sell you something in the field.

Prices go up, value of gil rises. Not hard bro.

Tagus

Well... I guess it's mostly that the prices on the AH have all gone down, and you can't use gil to purchase any of the best crap outside of abyssea. People are throwing shit tons of gil at abyssea seals & gear because you can't get any of the best shit anymore on the AH or in bazaars. It's basically pointless to have gil at all, beyond purchasing consumables with it. Hence, it's value is much lower than it was when it was necessary for the best gear. In the past, being rich could buy you anything. Now a good abyssea farming LS is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    In the past, being rich could buy you anything. Now a good abyssea farming LS is all you need.
    Being rich can still buy you anything, and a fat wallet is still more efficient than a good linkshell(for things other than Empyrean weapons, it would seem).

Tagus

Being rich can still buy you anything, and a fat wallet is still more efficient than a good linkshell(for things other than Empyrean weapons, it would seem).
    I personally would prefer a ton of money too, but that's mostly because every LS I'm in inevitably has a couple of selfish assholes that piss me off. Gil is not without value, but the lower necessity of it to be successful in comparison to before makes it seem to be definitely less valuable.

Ukonvasara or Verethagna (sp) would probably boost your damage more than anything you could buy with 80m

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnsemGaga View Post
    Why is Ridill rank 1?
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_1943
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ridill

Because it's still the best at what it is.

and your potential sellers having put the Chloris or Ulhuadshi set together predominantly for the trial item.
    That does no good as far as your argument is concerned. Not a single person was willing to sell them, through /seacom as well as ffxiah wanted and personal contact. If you try to finish an empyrean solely through buying items, it will take months at the very least before considering how much gil it costs..

Like I mentioned in addendum, Empyrean weapons are likely the sole exception right now. Height of popularity, etc.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Enough gil will buy you Empyrean items, don't kid yourself.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Prices go up, value of gil rises. Not hard bro.
    No, you are confused. When prices go up, it is because money has less value than it did before, so you need more of it.

Take your semantics elsewhere. We're not talking about converting gil to euros.

If a price increases, and the demand remains, gil becomes more important.